Do we have an overload at TE?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
We drafted two guys today and still have Kendricks, Harkey and Cunningham. We can't keep 5, right?

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Competition! See what sticks. Also the reason why I'm not in a rush to get rid of Foles/Keenum. Let them fight it out... unless we get a trade offer.

Also, look at our roster @WR. Jesus. Camp should be FUN.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Insurance for Higbee if something goes wrong with his court case. Otherwise I imagine Hemingway becomes another Practice Squad member unless he can beat out Cunningham.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu

I was just thinking that. I can't wait for Hard Knocks and the training camp reports from our own at ROD! This wide receiver battle is going to be amazing.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Competition! See what sticks. Also the reason why I'm not in a rush to get rid of Foles/Keenum. Let them fight it out... unless we get a trade offer.

I agree. Just look at the WRs.

Britt
Austin
Bailey
Quick
Marquez
Thomas
Cooper
Long
Toon

That's a ton of competition. But my 5 are Britt, Austin, Cooper, Thomas and Marquez.

Everyone else gets cut or sent to the practice squad.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Not overloaded, we will probably go big, and small in the slot for matchups, and Goff some big targets to throw to. TE's make huge contributions on core special teams.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would think that Cory Harkey & Justice Cunningham are much more FB/H-back/Move TE's in the backfield types. Lance Kendricks was very similar to CH & JC too so I would say that we might be over-loaded with those types & even more when you throw in fullback Zack Laskey & our other new 2016 UDFA FB. The issue was very large HOLE @ the LOS TE's & we may have filled that HOLE.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Cunningham was on the Practice squad most of last year. Most teams keep 4 TEs and we have in the past, so top 4 of Kendricks, Higbee, Hemmingway, and Harkey gives us versatility depth and plenty of upside.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams had both TEs targeted to upgrade the passing game. They both stick this year because they both add what the Rams lack in the passing game. Lance is safe of course. Cunningham vs Harkey is the battle IMO.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Britt
Austin
Bailey
Quick
Marquez
Thomas
Cooper
Long
Toon

That's a ton of competition. But my 5 are Britt, Austin, Cooper, Thomas and Marquez.

What about Isaiah Ferguson?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We drafted two guys today and still have Kendricks, Harkey and Cunningham. We can't keep 5, right?

Harkey is technically a FB for us so I wouldn't factor him in. I'd expect that Cunningham would end up cut or on the PS (if he's eligible) if we let one go. Don't expect them to try and stash Hemingway. He'll get snatched up. But you never know.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Britt
Austin
Bailey
Quick
Marquez
Thomas
Cooper
Long
Toon

You didn't list Spruce or North

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
No, we have competition! And that's what we want. It's Kendricks job to lose. I for one hope he steps up and plays like we know he can!

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Higbee as our big surprise win in the draft behind our Franchise Quarterback we been dreaming about since Warner left for the Big Apple. Higbee will be our highlight reel and the L.A. Rams version of the Gronk done our way. Tough and tons of moves to gives DB's major fits to go with Goff's accuracy . Hoping we can expedite the legal stuff and get as many reps between the two and see what they can discover. Totally different person,attitude,skill set,body,athleticism,routes,hands,route changes with quick moves and loves to dish it back after the catch. Totally different player from what we got rid of. The excitement of what a Tight End can be as the RAMS have not had a game changer in this position since Holohan was a favorite of Everrett. Holohan was boring compared to what Higbee is bringing. Enough Hype for ya ???:boxing:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Best use of both Higbee and Hemingway is to not put too much focus on the inline blocking stuff. If the Rams just trot them out there in the slot both will add to the offense much quicker. Problem is going to be gameday availability, don't think both will be active for some time in the same game unless they both make themselves critical to special teams.

Higbee in particular, however, is such a big and physical target and his hands are so good (only 2 drops on 55 targets over last two years) that they need to find ways to get him on the field plain and simple. Hopefully Boras and Groh have a plan to do that because a guy with his ability being thrown to by a QB with Goff's accuracy and vision is a great way to give this offense a boost over the middle of the field.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Love Higbee the player. But, I didn't know about all of this (and in LA?):

Our last scout of the day, this one speaking on tight end Tyler Higbee, selected by the Rams in the fourth round: "He is a major partier. That was his big problem, despite the arrests. He has a lot of maturing to do, and I'm not sure he can mature fast enough."

Oh boy.

Higbee has a series of pending charges. So, there's that.

This was a pick better made in the sixth, or possibly not at all.

View: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2636931-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-the-super-duper-drafty-edition

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Hemingway is my fan fav. I loved his phone call with Snead and Fisher.