Do the Ravens trade Flacco?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was wondering if the Ravens would try to trade Flacco this coming offseason, or if anyone would take him with his contract.

I don’t think he is worth the money. But, there are some QB starved teams out there with cap space.

Would Tampa Bay want him? What’s he worth in a trade?

Todd59

Rookie
I wouldn't be surprised if a team considers it. Depends on what you really have to give up. He's a serviceable QB that you can have for 2 years for about 18 million per year. He's kind of a known commodity at this point. You know what you're getting with him (not that what you're getting is something to get really excited about). Maybe Jacksonville or Washington?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hard to believe Flacco turns 34 in January.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
If they trade him they don’t have the cap hit like they would with a release would they?

Pretty sure either way they get dead money unless the other team agrees to pay some of it which probably isn’t likely

But tbh I kinda figured there was no more dead money cuz I felt like his contract has been going on forever but apparently there’s still 16m dead money if cut. Although they can opt out after 2019 season so idk if they still get that last 8m of dead money if they opt out. Not sure how opt outs work

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
It would be a mistake if they release Flacco or not play him when healthy. Jackson runs well but eventually you'll have to pass the ball down the field, the part of his game that still needs work.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they trade him they don’t have the cap hit like they would with a release would they?
They would still take an$8 million cap hit the next two years for his prorated signing bonus. But would not be hit for his base pay the next three years.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Flacco will be a Jaguar come 2019.
1052777312.jpg.0.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I just hope we don't have to think about QB issues for the next two decades.

That is all.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why not just re-sign RGIII? May not be conventional but Lamar moves the chains for them. Cant see them drafting another

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
*Montreal Alouettes GM makes the call..."We got this kid who's really good. Straight up trade for Flacco?"
*Plane lands in Baltimore, and off steps Johnny Manziel.....

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Jags would be in the playoffs this year with Flacco I see this as the most likely scenario. I can't see any other team willing to take on that contract and give up picks for a game manager. Or they could just use there soon to be top 5 pick on a QB.