Do the Rams possibly draft a WR early?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think it’s possible.

Kupp is Kupp, but he’s turning 30.

And Robinson? The Rams know by now if he’s the #2 they envisioned. If not, his contact is such they could move on in 2024.

Jefferson is a FA in 2024.

With these two possibly moving on in 2024, now feels the time to get a rookie in the system. Expecting a rookie to contribute in 2024 would be a stretch in a McVay offense. 2023 is the time to get that player started.

Atwell, like it or not, is a situational receiver.

Skowronek is more part TE and part Ricky Proehl. Not the #2 WR to exploit matchups opposite Kupp.

We have a lot of needs, but a WR early in our draft wouldn’t surprise me.

Considering that they drafted one when WR wasn't a need, I'd say anything is possible.

But you make good points. If they think Robinson is good enough then maybe not.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
#36 should be a day one starter who represents the next generation of building this roster with the talent to carry the torch of Donald, Stafford, et al.

I don’t necessarily care which position that turns out to be (though I absolutely have my preferences), but the Rams need a future star. A guy to build around. There are plenty of positions offering that opportunity.

WR? It could happen. Is there a jamar chase or justin jefferson falling into the 2nd round? The problem with that is it relegates Robinson to the #3 WR. Not saying he wouldn’t be good in a situational role, but that’s not why the Rams gave away Woods for a 6th and decided to give a substantial deal to Robinson.

…and quit fucking around, draft a Center!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ugh, seeing those draft pick slots is depressing. This team has far more needs than it can fix in this draft even if they had a pick in every round IMO. They are going to need an incredibly good draft to get much impact from a slew of 6th and 7th rounders. Yuck.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With the year to year cat and mouse game McVay plays, what is the chance that a WR can be good enough to come in and be really productive in year one?

Plus McVay seems to get attached to hard workers. I’d bet he loves Skowronek.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
No. Maybe Day 3. Big MUCH bigger needs than WR.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno about We, but I’d wager we trade out of that 36 slot … Washington is a good possibility if they wanna trade up… their 2nd and 3rd match the value of our 2nd…

But I don’t see us using that pick…