Do the rams need a Vet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think it would be a good thing. However, I also think it would be good to draft Sammy Watkins if possible...but that makes 7 WRs...who would be the odd man out? Pettis? I know he isn't a stud of a player but he is consistent and can be a valuable 3rd down role player. Hard to say which way this team goes.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No they need Sam Bradford to be healthy for the whole season and to rebuild the O line.

V3

Hall of Fame
I think it would be a good thing. However, I also think it would be good to draft Sammy Watkins if possible...but that makes 7 WRs...who would be the odd man out? Pettis? I know he isn't a stud of a player but he is consistent and can be a valuable 3rd down role player. Hard to say which way this team goes.

Isn't Veltung the 6th WR? If so, he'd be the one to go.

Quick
Austin
Bailey
Givens
Pettis
Veltung
....am I missing someone?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I heard the announcers in the game yesterday mention that a vet WR would be a big help for our young WRs. Who ever it was said that they need a vet player to show them how it's done.

Interesting take.

Would a vet WR on the roster really do more for our young guys than their position coach? Maybe a new position coach would get better results.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Isn't Veltung the 6th WR? If so, he'd be the one to go.

Quick
Austin
Bailey
Givens
Pettis
Veltung
....am I missing someone?
Veltung is right now because he was brought up from Austins injury.

I was referring to if they added a vet and drafted Watkins...I don't see Veltung in the future.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I heard the announcers in the game yesterday mention that a vet WR would be a big help for our young WRs. Who ever it was said that they need a vet player to show them how it's done.

Interesting take.

Would a vet WR on the roster really do more for our young guys than their position coach? Maybe a new position coach would get better results.

There's a difference between a coach showing and telling you how to read defenses in the film room, and a vet WR that can ACTIVELY demonstrate various double moves and how not to telegraph routes, hor route recognition and beating press coverage, and other nuances of the trade. A vet would be HUGE but it may be too late -- need to start Quick/Bailey/Givens now. Perhaps a guy that would replace Pettis and accept a supplementary role (ex. Randy Moss, 49ers).

V3

Hall of Fame
Veltung is right now because he was brought up from Austins injury.

I was referring to if they added a vet and drafted Watkins...I don't see Veltung in the future.

I see. I agree. If they really wanted another WR in the draft(which I don't see), my guess would be that Pettis would be traded for like a 5th or 6th.

A55VA6

Legend
I wouldn't be opposed to it. I'd like to see Holt and Bruce out there in Training camp again next year.

I'm interested to see what happens with Quick. Do we give him another year? I'd rather keep Pettis on the roster than him...

jjab360

Legend
Why would the Rams need a veterinarian? You do know they're not literally rams, right?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why would the Rams need a veterinarian? You do know they're not literally rams, right?
1287872438156247.jpeg

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am in favor of some strategically placed, Still productive vets, from winning teams on both sides of the ball.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I wouldn't be opposed to it. I'd like to see Holt and Bruce out there in Training camp again next year.

I'm interested to see what happens with Quick. Do we give him another year? I'd rather keep Pettis on the roster than him...

I think we really have to give Quick another year. I would say its too high of a pick to give up on but look at Pead.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yes. Anquan Boldin. His NFC West free agency tour should end here in the Lou...
Show these kids how to be tough and how to be a gamer...and he can still produce which is amazing to me considering how physical he's been as a WR his entire career.

RFIP

Due to financial restraints that ship has sailed. As you may recall OR, I was a big advocate of them getting Garcon 2 years ago and Bowe last year (though he never did hit the market).

Now with the little cap space they have, a wr of any ilk (see NOT Steve Smith or MSM) is going to blow the budget bit time.

Solution you ask? Sammy Watkins. Done! :woot:

moklerman

Warner-phile
Yes. But they need the RIGHT vet.
The FA list is pretty thin at WR so who could they trade for? Boldin seems like he's going to be too expensive but it'd be a good acquisition. A potentially good vet from a team that's going to be rebuilding would be another option and Jacksonville seems like a possibility. MJD will likely be gone and they'll also likely be breaking in a new QB. I guess they might surprise me and go after a vet but I imagine they'll be drafting yet another QB. I still can't help but wonder if Blackmon would be available and at what cost?

It's hard to think of too many veteran WR's who might be available who would fit the bill for the Rams. Of course, what they're looking for and what I think they need might be two entirely different things. But a Boldin/Blackmon type is what I envision. A true #1WR who can pile up tough receptions, fight for the ball and draw coverage.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The FA list is pretty thin at WR so who could they trade for? Boldin seems like he's going to be too expensive but it'd be a good acquisition. A potentially good vet from a team that's going to be rebuilding would be another option and Jacksonville seems like a possibility. MJD will likely be gone and they'll also likely be breaking in a new QB. I guess they might surprise me and go after a vet but I imagine they'll be drafting yet another QB. I still can't help but wonder if Blackmon would be available and at what cost?

It's hard to think of too many veteran WR's who might be available who would fit the bill for the Rams. Of course, what they're looking for and what I think they need might be two entirely different things. But a Boldin/Blackmon type is what I envision. A true #1WR who can pile up tough receptions, fight for the ball and draw coverage.

IMO, Roddy White or Boldin would be ideal. But I'm not sure that White will be available or that Boldin will want to play here.