Do the players and coaches pay attention ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you guys think they pay attention to what's being said in the papers and social media ? My son shows me the postings on Facebook and the people are pretty nasty lately . These guys are just like us and I'd be curious if I was them . I'm sure some of thier family members are aware of it and bad news travels fast so I'm sure it bothers a few of them . It would bother me but that's the world we live in . I just thought it would be a good topic since Rams football talk is few and far between lately .

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
im sure they see some of it. do I think they care? NO they get their money either way. if you have ever played sports you have a drive in you to compete and play the best you can do you make mistakes? YES everyone does its called being human. most people that whine have never played a sport or they think since they played or coach HS the know everything lol. if it was me I wouldn't care one bit what people say most of them don't know shit

Last edited:

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
For the most part they don't personally read or get involved with any of it, they simply don't have time. Unless a family member or friends bring it to their attention, they don't care. There are exceptions of course, Chris Long was famous for his tweets and banter back and forth.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
These young men are competative and proud.
When your competative and you lose, nobody is more pissed than yourself.
They don't need us telling them they need to win. I'm sure they know.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
They have plenty of time . Like a 5 hour flight from LA to NE,

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Don't have any time? They get just as much free time as anyone else.
Do they care? How could they not care what people say about them, especially because they are so competitive. Being competitive has a lot to do with ego and egos get bruised easily.
And I speak from experience, I played college ball and I didn't want to read anything because we sucked and it was all going to be bad, reading it would have hurt my massive ego. :)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure they really care, and then they look at their bank account and laugh....

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd guess some of it find it's way to some players.

I'd also guess that, if it does, it's got to hurt.

I know they get paid a lot... but I'd hate to think money overcomes emotions (Kroenke notwithstanding... that's a LOT of money!!) :LOL:

But they work for a company... they are producing a product and a LOT of customers are telling them the product they are producing is very bad.

I've worked for companies that had a bad reputation. It permeates the entire work force. Everyone is down on the company and not very motivated.

So, I hope this is not the case with the players.. but it's nearly impossible to escape social media these days.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
They care about fan responses as much as I care about negative customer responses during the holiday season.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Let's change this thought up a little bit then. Do you think SOME players care enough about being 4-8 and on a downward spiral ... enough to think about going to another team as soon as they can?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They care about fan responses as much as I care about negative customer responses during the holiday season.
Well, if the product or service you provide isn't very good, perhaps you should consider looking at it differently.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let's change this thought up a little bit then. Do you think SOME players care enough about being 4-8 and on a downward spiral ... enough to think about going to another team as soon as they can?

As I said in another thread, if Fisher is retained past December, it will harm our ability to retain our own players and to draw quality players.

The biggest retention issue will be Aaron Donald as he's the biggest competitor and he just wants to win. When you have a guy who's super competitive at everything...a Ray Lewis type...who gets upset at losing a friendly game of ping pong....

Thus with Fisher's reticence to significantly change the offense and he's already stated that for various reasons, he wouldn't want to change OCs again, he'd want to stick with this offense. Yep, the worst offense in the league by a large margin... and just hope that Goff alone will account for 10+ points in his second year. Which just isn't going to happen. Especially because he's not been developed and this offense is a schematic disaster. Which means the team is capped at 7 wins, basically.

Thus, heading into the off-season, what can Fisher say to the best player in the NFL who sees his best play being wasted on a 4-12 or 5-11 season knowing that he's got more of that ahead?

The answer is...nothing. And when you see JJ leave and not only get paid but become the best CB in the NFL by a number of metrics when the thought was he'd be mediocre outside of GW's defense... well, maybe the players will see that the grass is actually greener outside of the Rams yard as long as Fisher's the gardener.

This pattern has played out across multiple teams across decades since FA was begun.

No losing team retains top talent. NONE. Especially not the best player in the league.

Fisher staying isn't just another bad season. It's one domino falling in a long line of dominoes that we don't want to fall if we want our Rams to be competitive and be a winning franchise.

I got slammed during the off-season because of what I saw. Turns out...well, we all see it now.

Well, this is what I see now. It ain't pretty, but... it is what it is. Fisher stays...it's bad on a number of levels.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Well, if the product or service you provide isn't very good, perhaps you should consider looking at it differently.

:OT: It's not an issue with the quality of the product we're putting in, it's an issue of Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales getting out of control that tends to put employees in a difficult situation. We make an effort to do the best we could as humanly possible. Just don't expect the same results you would see on a normal office day.

Bruce2980

Starter
Do you guys think they pay attention to what's being said in the papers and social media ? My son shows me the postings on Facebook and the people are pretty nasty lately . These guys are just like us and I'd be curious if I was them . I'm sure some of thier family members are aware of it and bad news travels fast so I'm sure it bothers a few of them . It would bother me but that's the world we live in . I just thought it would be a good topic since Rams football talk is few and far between lately .
Apparently they do listen to Eric Dickerson, and it makes the coaches feel uncomfortable. What a joke.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Apparently they do listen to Eric Dickerson, and it makes the coaches feel uncomfortable. What a joke.

I'm pretty sure that Fish said that some players were uncomfortable with him on the sideline... not coaches.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm pretty sure that Fish said that some players were uncomfortable with him on the sideline... not coaches.

I think in the Dickerson interview he said both players and coaches. But I'm going off memory.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There are members of the team... both management and players... who read here. Please keep that in mind while posting. If you wouldn't say it directly to them... then don't post it here.