Dline from 11 Personnel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Jourdan says Young could be something special. Kobie Turner is turning it on with some pass rush. But line is so light. She thinks they need to find a large run stuffer at cut downs or it's gonna be reaaaaaaaaaaaaally ugly.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Jourdan says Young could be something special. Kobie Turner is turning it on with some pass rush. But line is so light. She thinks they need to find a large run stuffer at cut downs or it's gonna be reaaaaaaaaaaaaally ugly.
Nice to hear Young & Turner are picking it up, I think most of us feel we need to add a piece or even 2 @ DT 7 maybe edge.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice to hear Young & Turner are picking it up, I think most of us feel we need to add a piece or even 2 @ DT 7 maybe edge.
It really does sound like they're gonna just go with their edges right now and while Jourdan would expect them to look to pick up a DT/NT, it doesn't sound like they've explicitly said that's their plan and she even said, if they don't, it's an indictment of them.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
It really does sound like they're gonna just go with their edges right now and while Jourdan would expect them to look to pick up a DT/NT, it doesn't sound like they've explicitly said that's their plan and she even said, if they don't, it's an indictment of them.
Agree--if that was the plan, why did they let Gaines and Ashawn walk for so little $? I understand the release of everyone else, but those two are a head-scratcher to me.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Agree--if that was the plan, why did they let Gaines and Ashawn walk for so little $? I understand the release of everyone else, but those two are a head-scratcher to me.

I mean, the Gaines thing is interesting, they gave him a low ball offer and he ended up taking a so-so offer from Tampa. Would be curious what the thought process was there, was there even a talk of matching it? Honestly, Gaines changes the whole dimension of this line.

But, again, they don't have money so I think the thought is they just have to go with what they got... Jourdan alluded to the fact that if they bring in a guy at DT, there most likely will be subtraction from a cap standpoint elsewhere.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Am I retarded (don't answer that) or wasn't Bobby Brown supposed to be that big NT type?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I think the hope/plan was for in house talent to step up and be ready. Clearing cap space can be like saving money to us, you have to save small amounts as well as larger amounts to accumulate the desired result. i also think they knew if the in-house players didn't work out, they can get someone that will fill the void through cut or other short-term solutions like a cheap F.A.

I personally feel like Gaines played injured as reported and will fully recover and prove to be the one we regret not extending.

I will be surprised if we don't add a player or two, I just don't expect the additions to be big names.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I personally feel like Gaines played injured as reported and will fully recover and prove to be the one we regret not extending.
As it stands right now, Gaines is looking like he might be a backup/depth. I know depth charts aren't totally reliable. I'm currently watching the Buccs vs Ravens and their starters were out there, no Gaines. After the 2nd series they brought in the backups, in comes Gaines. It'll be interesting to see how the season plays out because I was thinking the same as you.

Last edited:

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I feel like we killed the 2023 draft, but the past few years prior have seen a lot of major whiffs.
Considering where we drafted I think we made hay. Which were the truly terrible picks since 2020? I checked and even those who were released are still bouncing round the league

Jacob Harris stands out as a reach but was playing well on special teams before his injury

Granted Tutu was a mistake, but we drafted starters across rounds 2-7 and even hit on an UFA starting left tackle

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the hope/plan was for in house talent to step up and be ready.
Yeah it was a matter of priorities. Run game on defense was where they took the hit. I'm sure they wanted a better DL room but it was gonna be ugly no matter what they did once they made the call to reload.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Other than Donald.. no one on the defensive line is guaranteed a spot, imo.

Just depends on what frees up in cuts.. and maybe... MAYBE.. they make a trade or two with low-round picks.

WestCoastRam

Legend
That was good,but IMO Jourdon is The Worst!! She thinks she knows it all.

Still wondering when Brian Allen is going to get cut.
Curious, what exactly makes you think Jourdan believes she knows it all?