Dissecting Jared Goffs Top 5 Plays Vs the New York Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Perfect pockets....and time to throw.

Movement by Goff to create more time to throw and head up looking downfield...excellent movement skills.

Very athletic for a skinny, 6'4" kid

Aggressive visualization of opportunities downfield against what the defense showed

Patience not panic; love the poise and cool

Developing a mastery of manipulating the safeties and going through his progressions

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Perfect pockets....and time to throw.
Not quite perfect but for the most part they were good. Funny though how you watch him make 5 nice throws and instead of acknowledging those or complimenting him your only comment is about other players in the video. Most of us see a QB making good decisions with an OLine giving him time to do his job. We see receivers run good routes and make catches. We see receivers and backs blocking well. And we see a coach designing good plays, he obviously also taught them to the players and they in the end execute them well. But hey I guess if all you can get from that video is the OLine did good well that's a start.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn’t amazing what having a competent Left Tackle does for the team?

Whitworth is a great LT, but I think our OL Coach deserves the credit here. Whitworth makes a huge difference by almost always handling the guy going against him. However, the other four guys are also playing lights out football. More than that, they are in sync. Something that rarely happened under Fisher. We have five guys playing like one. When was the last time that happened?

I think we all agreed that OL Coach was probably our third most important hire once we hired McVay (after DC and keeping Fassel). We hit a home run.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whitworth is a great LT, but I think our OL Coach deserves the credit here. Whitworth makes a huge difference by almost always handling the guy going against him. However, the other four guys are also playing lights out football. More than that, they are in sync. Something that rarely happened under Fisher. We have five guys playing like one. When was the last time that happened?

I think we all agreed that OL Coach was probably our third most important hire once we hired McVay (after DC and keeping Fassel). We hit a home run.

Slightly disagree jrry.

Acquiring Andrew Whitworth was pivotal to EVERYTHING this year for the Rams. I'll explain that if you want to hear it, but lets focus on the oline. Whitworth and Sullivan are sandwiching a really good Guard in Rodger Saffold, making the left side of the oline solid as a rock. Both Havenstein and Brown follow Whit around like puppy dogs, listening to his football wisdom. Saffold was glad to relinquish the veteran role to Whitworth, so he could just be a OG again. Whitworth is another Coach on the field, which McVay has said more than once. Kromer is important to too, but without Andrew Whitworth, the Rams Oline is nowhere NEAR what it is today, and LT would be substandard most likely.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Slightly disagree jrry.

Acquiring Andrew Whitworth was pivotal to EVERYTHING this year for the Rams. I'll explain that if you want to hear it, but lets focus on the oline. Whitworth and Sullivan are sandwiching a really good Guard in Rodger Saffold, making the left side of the oline solid as a rock. Both Havenstein and Brown follow Whit around like puppy dogs, listening to his football wisdom. Saffold was glad to relinquish the veteran role to Whitworth, so he could just be a OG again. Whitworth is another Coach on the field, which McVay has said more than once. Kromer is important to too, but without Andrew Whitworth, the Rams Oline is nowhere NEAR what it is today, and LT would be substandard most likely.

Let's say we replace Whit with Tyron Smith. I think our OL is just as good. Whit is valuable. I'm not arguing otherwise. I love the guy. He's exactly what this team needed. He's a leader who plays every down like it's his last. I'm certain that both him and Sullivan are worth their weight in gold for the leadership they provide the other OLs.

However, at the end of the day, they're not the OL Coach. And our OL Coach has a long track record of success. What he's done here is right on par with what he's done throughout his career. You're going to have a hard time convincing me that Whitworth is responsible for how well-coached and cohesive this entire line is. That's not to say that Whitworth played no role in it, but he didn't play the biggest role in it.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Anybody else notice Gerald Everett get suplexed on the second to last play without a penalty? What happened to the no lifting a player rule? That must only apply to Quinn.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not quite perfect but for the most part they were good. Funny though how you watch him make 5 nice throws and instead of acknowledging those or complimenting him your only comment is about other players in the video. Most of us see a QB making good decisions with an OLine giving him time to do his job. We see receivers run good routes and make catches. We see receivers and backs blocking well. And we see a coach designing good plays, he obviously also taught them to the players and they in the end execute them well. But hey I guess if all you can get from that video is the OLine did good well that's a start.
You're cute.

Is it easier to pass with no pressure, or a lot?
If a QB can't throw a nice pass without pressure, is he really an NFL QB?
The knock has been, what happens with pressure....I was mostly upset when passes are missed with no pressure....and loose coverage. A QB can't make that type of throw is just....Tebow in my opinion. Hell, Tebow can make a throw with no pressure and loose coverage.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
wow amigo, why are you so down on Goff?
Not down my friend...not convinced....getting there, but not there yet.

We'll see....soon enough...I can't believe everyone wants me to be all IN....the season...the real season is just starting. If he continues his path....of course I'm IN....If he falters....with all these perfect plays....and perfect pockets...IDK

nighttrain

Legend

We'll see....soon enough...I can't believe everyone wants me to be all IN....the season...the real season is just starting. If he continues his path....of course I'm IN....If he falters....with all these perfect plays....and perfect pockets...IDK
hmmm, we will see then
train

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're cute.

Is it easier to pass with no pressure, or a lot?
If a QB can't throw a nice pass without pressure, is he really an NFL QB?
The knock has been, what happens with pressure....I was mostly upset when passes are missed with no pressure....and loose coverage. A QB can't make that type of throw is just....Tebow in my opinion. Hell, Tebow can make a throw with no pressure and loose coverage.
Again it's just so funny or to borrow your phrase cute. You're incapable of complimenting our QB. You look for any reason to critique or to pass the compliment on to somebody else. Eventually we hope you'll end up liking our QB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And then what if he falters in your opinion you'll start the Suh vs Bradford, Warner vs Bulger or Goff vs Wentz threads all over again and never be able to enjoy Rams games?

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

Aw hell jrry, I get that

Was just needing my good buddy champ :LOL: