Did anyone else pick up on the ref smiling about Loyds TD?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanInPC

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
10153731_10204089179022399_1032752650256491206_n.jpg

RamFanInPC

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Something is rotten in Denmark. I don't think I have ever seen a ref so happy during a game.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
BTW, wonder if that's the same one that threw the phantom OPI flag ...

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
If you watched the game Lloyd says something to him as he runs by him, that's why he was smiling.
I'm not buying the conspiracy theories

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If you watched the game Lloyd says something to him as he runs by him, that's why he was smiling.
Look at the Ref's eyes... especially his right one. I know what I see.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Lol- I hear ya, rewatch the game though, you'll see it. For someone who gets beat a lot, JJ still talks a lot of trash

Agreed. Jenkins played as poorly as I have seen in his career. You can blame the refs but at some point you look in the mirror and see our CBs were just getting exposed in this game.

Penguin.

Rookie
Maybe he is smiling cause it was a great play by Lloyd? Maybe even if he is a 49ers fan, which he may or may not be, he called a pretty clean game?

Rambition

Rookie
so, the official has made a statement that he was smiling because he enjoyed seeing the 49ers score a TD on the play?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
It was a great play offensively, regardless of who was playing. I have to imagine that Refs are fans of football. Any person watching that game on monday not rooting for either team probably enjoyed that play as well. I understand that he is an official but he should still be allowed to enjoy the game, especially on a play like that. If he was celebrating in the endzone with the team, or pumped his fist in glory I would then question it. The officiating in games has been anything but spectacular, and there is definitely some bullshit calls, but people need to chill on "the refs are blowing the game for us". It's getting tired, and sad.

Athos

Legend

Yea, it was probably "thanks for another no-hold on Quinn ma man. Coach got a stripper of your choice lined up after the game."

Cue creepy ass smile by official.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
It was a great play offensively, regardless of who was playing. I have to imagine that Refs are fans of football. Any person watching that game on monday not rooting for either team probably enjoyed that play as well. I understand that he is an official but he should still be allowed to enjoy the game, especially on a play like that. If he was celebrating in the endzone with the team, or pumped his fist in glory I would then question it. The officiating in games has been anything but spectacular, and there is definitely some bullcrap calls, but people need to chill on "the refs are blowing the game for us". It's getting tired, and sad.
What about if his boss, the NFL Director of Officiating, was seen getting off of a team party bus would that raise any suspicion?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
It was a great play offensively, regardless of who was playing. I have to imagine that Refs are fans of football. Any person watching that game on monday not rooting for either team probably enjoyed that play as well. I understand that he is an official but he should still be allowed to enjoy the game, especially on a play like that. If he was celebrating in the endzone with the team, or pumped his fist in glory I would then question it. The officiating in games has been anything but spectacular, and there is definitely some bullcrap calls, but people need to chill on "the refs are blowing the game for us". It's getting tired, and sad.
I'm not looking at his smile, i'm looking at his eyes, and that tells all.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
What about if his boss, the NFL Director of Officiating, was seen getting off of a team party bus would that raise any suspicion?
Yes, it would. But I don't get the connection. Was his boss seen on a 49er party bus after the game? If so, then yes there is definetly a reason to suspect the officiating.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Yes, it would. But I don't get the connection. Was his boss seen on a 49er party bus after the game? If so, then yes there is definetly a reason to suspect the officiating.
No, on the cowgirl party bus with the team owner in CA in the preseason. Do you recall the numerous horrendous calls from that game? I sincerely believe there are teams in the league (i.e. DAL, SAN, NE, SEA,...) who get consistent preferential treatment.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Some of you guys are cracking me up.

Let's slow down on this conspiracy stuff a little bit, it's starting to effect threads to the point where discussing what happened during the game is becoming difficult.