Did anyone else pick up on the ref smiling about Loyds TD?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
No, on the cowgirl party bus with the team owner in CA in the preseason. Do you recall the numerous horrendous calls from that game? I sincerely believe there are teams in the league (i.e. DAL, SAN, NE, SEA,...) who get consistent preferential treatment.
Well that does raise a few eyebrows. I do believe that certain teams get the benefit of officiating, but it seems that Seattle is the only team that it directly affects: "failmary", the harvin touchdown when he clearly stepped out without a review, probably others. But the refs are not ripping the game away from the Rams, there hasn't been a play like the "failmary" in the past 3 Rams games. In the past three games we've made great stops on D, and failed to score on the final drive. The penalties do affect the game, but so do the dozen other penalties that the rams actually commit. Collusion or not, the refs are not blowing the games for the Rams.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I'm not looking at his smile, i'm looking at his eyes, and that tells all.
I will agree, there is nothing but darkness and sinister thoughts in that mans eyes. Although I think that it might be a combination of how we as rams fans perceive referees as fiendish, loathsome creatures and a well/poorly timed snapshot.

RamFanInPC

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
yet has anyone ever seen a ref smiling like this during a game after a big play?

rams2050

Starter
Honestly, that is the biggest smile I've ever seen on a ref who was working a game.

61Woody

UDFA
Name
Jeff
Letting these topics stay at the top of the first page will certainly make us look like a bunch of whiny sore losers looking for any excuse we can come up with because we can't win a game.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Letting these topics stay at the top of the first page will certainly make us look like a bunch of whiny sore losers looking for any excuse we can come up with because we can't win a game.
Oh noes... people who don't respect us anyway... won't respect us?

You can personally disagree with a theory. That doesn't make it laughable or whiny or whatever else label you want to slap on it.

If nothing else, with just how corrupt matters like Spygate and the domestic abuse scandal have shown Goodell to be, finessing games for the sake of better marketing wouldn't be beyond him morally.

If one is automatically assuming what one is being told is unquestionably the truth, the world becomes a very disappointing and dangerous place for that one.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
simple; dont let a bad PI call allow u to give the whiners a 80 yrd TD with 15 seconds left in the 2nd quarter

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Sorry but you can't call this stuff conspiracy any longr. Not sunce the ref in the Lsker-Kings playoff game was caught and admitted to giving LA prefferential treatment on a call that gave them the game. I watch Quiin getting held slmost evey play. The fix is in and am about tired of it. My passion for football is about gone after seeing this crap every game.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
It may or may not be a conspiracy but one thing I know for sure, our Rams are getting constantly screwed on obvious bad calls.Take away those bad calls and were 3-2 at worse.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have a hard time believing in conspiracies of this magnitude. But I do believe refs are bumbling incompetents who don't give a crap when they make a terrible call against certain teams. Its more like "Oops, my bad. I blew that one. Oh well, its just the Rams".