Dickerson bludgeons the 'Boyz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Remember that game well that defense was so good and overshadowed by the Bears, but the 85 Ram defense was something really special.

Again a what if, but what if the Rams could have signed Warren Moon from Canada instead of the damn Houston Oilers back in 1984. Rams went hard after Moon in 84, but the Oilers by hiring Moon's coach in Canada Hugh Campbell were able to trump the Rams only for the Oilers to fire Campbell two years later.

Rams then went hard after Dieter Brock who was special in Canada, but was 34 years of age and was like a cheap sweater, he kept shrinking after every game (wash). Brock only lasted one year as the Rams tried to resurrect Steve Bartkowski at the beginning of 86 before finally making the big trade with the Oilers for Jim Everett.

Again if the Rams had signed Warren Moon in 84 I totally believe they had the team to upset the Bears in 85 although many in Chicago would dismiss such a notion.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I love watching "THE DICK" in this game. His running is so beautiful to watch and I freakin' HATE the cowboys so it's a win-win.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
What if Ferragamo never went to Canada for a year or two ( another reason I hated the B!TCH) Dickerson and Ferragamo did play together for a season at least. Was he shot by then ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Eric had that smooth running style that was very unique to him. Just about brings a tear to my eye watching him do his thing for the horns. There were some good days back in the 80s before Georgia and Shaw started making that string of terrible decisions, starting with trading our HoF running back. Thanks for posting it up.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What if Ferragamo never went to Canada for a year or two ( another reason I hated the B!TCH) Dickerson and Ferragamo did play together for a season at least. Was he shot by then ?

Ferragamo got hurt in the early part of the 1984 season and was shuffled of to Buffalo in 1985 for Tony Hunter. Ferragamo was never the same after he broke his right hand against the Steelers in week 3 of the 84 season and that is why the Rams went hard after Brock in 85.

Georgia Frontiere proved to be penny wise and dollar foolish time and time again. She let Ferragamo go to Canada in 1981 only to make a trade to the Baltimore Colts for an Bert Jones who was on his last legs and did not last five games until his neck injury forced him to retire and Ferragamo was back in the saddle again.

Overall Ferragamo only played one year in Canada, but I believe they let him go because of having Pat Haden who was awful. Who knows what would have happen if they just paid Ferragamo what he was worth and kept the draft choices instead of trading for Bert Jones.

bert-jones-cover-inline.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hadn't seen this is many, many years...Though some guys here might enjoy this...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkCihMnJ4Hg&t=7131s

Thanks for the Post!! I love watching the Cow-Pie's get Whopped!!:snicker::popcorn:

Remember that game well that defense was so good and overshadowed by the Bears, but the 85 Ram defense was something really special.

Again a what if, but what if the Rams could have signed Warren Moon from Canada instead of the damn Houston Oilers back in 1984. Rams went hard after Moon in 84, but the Oilers by hiring Moon's coach in Canada Hugh Campbell were able to trump the Rams only for the Oilers to fire Campbell two years later.

Rams then went hard after Dieter Brock who was special in Canada, but was 34 years of age and was like a cheap sweater, he kept shrinking after every game (wash). Brock only lasted one year as the Rams tried to resurrect Steve Bartkowski at the beginning of 86 before finally making the big trade with the Oilers for Jim Everett.

Again if the Rams had signed Warren Moon in 84 I totally believe they had the team to upset the Bears in 85 although many in Chicago would dismiss such a notion.
This^ brings back some Great memories of the " Good Old Days"!!(y)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ferragamo got hurt in the early part of the 1984 season and was shuffled of to Buffalo in 1985 for Tony Hunter. Ferragamo was never the same after he broke his right hand against the Steelers in week 3 of the 84 season and that is why the Rams went hard after Brock in 85.

Georgia Frontiere proved to be penny wise and dollar foolish time and time again. She let Ferragamo go to Canada in 1981 only to make a trade to the Baltimore Colts for an Bert Jones who was on his last legs and did not last five games until his neck injury forced him to retire and Ferragamo was back in the saddle again.

Overall Ferragamo only played one year in Canada, but I believe they let him go because of having Pat Haden who was awful. Who knows what would have happen if they just paid Ferragamo what he was worth and kept the draft choices instead of trading for Bert Jones.

I want to Punch the screen every time I see a Photo of the Madame!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So much fun. What a stud.

We're having a much needed lazy Sunday so I watched the whole thing. My wife was laughing at me because even though I knew pretty much everything that was coming, I was still leaning and jerking and pumping my fist with the plays. I don't think the younger fans get how big it was any time we beat the girlz - especially in a playoff game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I love the Cowboys.
And even though I grew up a Rams fan, I totally respect that. You're a respected member here Rynie - even if your life choices are highly suspect. Cheers man.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Rams then went hard after Dieter Brock who was special in Canada, but was 34 years of age and was like a cheap sweater, he kept shrinking after every game (wash). Brock only lasted one year as the Rams
Dieter Brock...rookie of the year...can't take that from him den.....lololol. He just wasn't ready for those damn Bears! Or was that Washington?

Didn't know Ferragamo went to Canada? When??? B4 he played with the Rams? Didn't know he got injured either....Just remember he was hot...and kinda disappeared. All I remember was NOBODY had hit Billy Waddy all season, then Vince gets in there and starts finding this guy...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rams have had a history of signing old or done QBs that had nice careers...Jones, Bartkowski, Hadl and Namath jump out at me...I'm sure there are others but those guys are the ones I remember right off the top of my head..Namath with the Rams and Unitas with the Bolts always struck me as 2 of the bigest head scratchers of all times...

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I know I posted this last time this video was discussed but my favorite part is at 1:15:00, how the Rams are using this crazy defensive concept known as the nickel "for the first time this season" to befuddle poor Danny White... Remember this is mid-80s, already well beyond the so-called West Coast Offense being responsible for the crappy Bengals to reach the Super Bowl and awful Ken Anderson to post single-season and Super Bowl completion records, and that gimmick to propel the Whiners to the most overrated team in NFL history... But the NFL had to deal with the golden age of running backs and was slow to change, so Dickerson had to do these things plowing into some of the greatest defenses ever, stacked specifically to stop the running game. Truly incredible what he did considering, and how much the game has changed since. The West Coast Offense is no longer the gimmick, it's the staple, and running backs today get to operate against base nickel, undersized LBs, etc. Fun to imagine the numbers Dickerson would put up today. *Or what that offensive line would do!