DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DeSean Jackson
Brain fart-
I dont recall him being called that, but my bad
I'd take him on a flyer
Pun intended
Dont need him for 16 full games and 110 targets
But I'd love his punt return ability and maybe a deep ball or two per game

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'd rather take a chance at a younger player a la Tyrell Williams then him and that's not saying much. Sorry, DJ is old and washed up. Might as well sign me up as the WR, I'll at least play more than half a season :rolleyes:

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
In one game he could put up 280 yards and 3 TDs

for the season he could put up 315 yards and 3TDs.

If that game was against the 9ers.... Might be worth it!

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I wouldn’t. But I don’t see him getting anything more than league minimum with some incentives for really good usage/performance. In that context — meh whatever

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather take a chance at a younger player a la Tyrell Williams then him and that's not saying much. Sorry, DJ is old and washed up. Might as well sign me up as the WR, I'll at least play more than half a season :rolleyes:

Well, those two aren't true alternatives to each other. If we go after DeSean, it's to be the #4 WR on a very cheap deal. Tyrell Williams isn't a guy we would pursue to be the #4 WR, and he wouldn't come here as that. We'd have to pay him decent money (less than $10 million per year but more than $5 million likely). And he'd be a guy who would be a #2 or #3 WR. Basically, we'd pursue him if we were going to trade Woods or Kupp. So DeSean wouldn't make sense in the scenario where we'd want Williams, and Williams wouldn't be amenable to the scenario where we'd want DeSean. The question is if DeSean would fit as a #4 WR who rotates in every now and then (maybe 25% of offensive snaps, when he's healthy).

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well, those two aren't true alternatives to each other. If we go after DeSean, it's to be the #4 WR on a very cheap deal. Tyrell Williams isn't a guy we would pursue to be the #4 WR, and he wouldn't come here as that. We'd have to pay him decent money (less than $10 million per year but more than $5 million likely). And he'd be a guy who would be a #2 or #3 WR. Basically, we'd pursue him if we were going to trade Woods or Kupp. So DeSean wouldn't make sense in the scenario where we'd want Williams, and Williams wouldn't be amenable to the scenario where we'd want DeSean. The question is if DeSean would fit as a #4 WR who rotates in every now and then (maybe 25% of offensive snaps, when he's healthy).

I don't think Williams would cost much as he was oft injured with the Raiders. He was good when healthy but that wasn't the case unfortunately. He's going to have to take a cheap prove it deal as I don't see teams wanting to take much of a risk with him. I personally wouldn't sign him, but if we are talking about taking an injured WR over another, much rather it be him than DJ. Either way, think we can do better than either one.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

or a one year prove he’s healthy, rebuild his value deal. He had a serious injury.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Go with the guys we have. We know our guys run great routes and their numbers were hurt by a QB that didn't want to throw long distances....and wasn't that accurate the few times that he did.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the minimum it'd be a great move.

And keep in mind, after our top three, there's nobody. So unless they really like one of the kids (please lord not Webster), we could sign DJax and still end up drafting a WR

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Williams would cost much as he was oft injured with the Raiders. He was good when healthy but that wasn't the case unfortunately. He's going to have to take a cheap prove it deal as I don't see teams wanting to take much of a risk with him. I personally wouldn't sign him, but if we are talking about taking an injured WR over another, much rather it be him than DJ. Either way, think we can do better than either one.

He's going to cost a lot more than DeSean. There are plenty of teams that could use a 6'4" deep threat on a reasonable deal. Outside of this year, Williams had generally managed to stay on the field and produce decently.

DeSean is a low risk signing. If he gets injured, we were paying him next to nothing anyways and not counting on him. If he stays healthy, we have a dangerous #4 WR. I don't see much point in passing if DeSean is willing to play for close to the veteran minimum.

or a one year prove he’s healthy, rebuild his value deal. He had a serious injury.

That's what I expect a "prove it" deal to cost for Williams. The Raiders handed him a 4 year $44 million deal a couple years ago. I'm thinking a "prove it" deal for him will be somewhere in the range of $7 million (give or take $2 million) for that single year.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
The key here is what is the goal for the team? Ideally we get a speed burner who is our 4th wr and a kr/punt returner. Is DJ that I guess if he stays healthy. The other question is how much do you allocate for this position considering we have much higher priorities imo. Lastly is he still as fast?

For a super cheap vet minimum sure otherwise I would rather have a low draft pick maybe Swartz at Auburn 10.21 100. Remember the goal is NOT a #1 wr it is speed and STs. I like the draft pick better for one reason upside. I don't like the draft pick bc of failure in NFL/learning curve if not a failure so how effective will he be to solve our issues in 2021? Especially when everyone wants a SB. We need to find a Tyreke Hill type (upside) DJ will never be that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the minimum it'd be a great move.

And keep in mind, after our top three, there's nobody. So unless they really like one of the kids (please lord not Webster), we could sign DJax and still end up drafting a WR

That's what I'd expect. Sign DeSean, draft a talented WR on Day 2/3 preparing for DeSean to get hurt, and then let other guys battle it out for the final slot (#6 WR).