Denver's OLB Von Miller traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I'm a little bummed we won't have any draft picks next year, but hard not to get excited of the idea of teams planning for Donald, VM, and Floyd coming after their QB. LFG! Time to win it all!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Two second day picks? I don't like it.

I'm unsure too. On the surface I am stoked. Great player. Awesome addition to 2021. If it puts us over the top, I guess it's hard to argue the price.

But... we hope to make another run at it in 2022... Where does he Miller fit in that? That's when the 2nd and 3rd rounder will be missed.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
So one year of a declining stud OLB sans cap hit in return for a second and third round pick?

Maybe they figure they won’t have enough cap to pay their draft class.

@Merlin My theory about giving Kenny Young away for free in return for a future favor from Denver wasn’t all that far off.
He isn't costing us cap room it appears. We sold our picks and got Miller in return. They picked up his salary outside of the minimum.

But yeah, I dont care for it, but I get it. If it was for 3rd & 4th I could take it better.

Then again is he worth an Atwell and Earnest Jones...even if its for one yr?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm unsure too. On the surface I am stoked. Great player. Awesome addition to 2021. If it puts us over the top, I guess it's hard to argue the price.

But... we hope to make another run at it in 2022... Where does he Miller fit in that? That's when the 2nd and 3rd rounder will be missed.
I love Miller the player. Don't get me wrong. I don't like the value here. Seems like we're going all in on this year, which I guess was my instinct since the Stafford trade.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Rams picked up a 3rd round comp next season for Holmes and still have that.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
So one year of a declining stud OLB sans cap hit in return for a second and third round pick?

Maybe they figure they won’t have enough cap to pay their draft class.

@Merlin My theory about giving Kenny Young away for free in return for a future favor from Denver wasn’t all that far off.
My son just told me he is the highest rated edge this yr with a 90 pff rating. For whatever that's worth.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Has not Von Miller played primarily on the same side where Floyd now starts?

I know Havenstein thinks highly of Von Miller since in the early year's Von took Hav's lunch $$$ whenever they played each other.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I think two picks is a little steep. But if the Broncos paying $9m of his remaining $9.7m salary means we only have a $700k cap hit, then the extra pick is worthwhile.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
My thoughts:

How good is Von? He’s on an underachieving team at the start of the twilight of his career…..maybe.

Or maybe this rejuvenates his career, I.e. Watt with Arizona, who was having a pretty good season.

Last question: is he currently better then our other options at rush LB?

Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts.

WOoOooOoo

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
This may cost us Whitworth, Williams, and SJD next year, and maybe Corbett but we'll see. I imagine Allen being a priority since we have no C depth.
How's that? I thought he was a free agent after this year and Denver is eating 9 million of a remaining 9.7 million dollar cap hit.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
We most likely either re-sign him or net a 3rd round comp pick right? So the full story looks like

Rams:
Trade 2022 2nd round pick
Trade 2022 3rd round pick
ILB Kenny Young
7th round 2024 round pick

Denver:
2024 6th round pick
OLB Von Miller
$9 million dollars
*2023 3rd round comp pick

*if we don't resign

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That tiny little fucking QB in the desert ain't running like he has been next time. He'll be running for his life... but he'll be losing yards while he's doing it.