Denver winning the Free Agency game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Still comes down to
Manning staying healthy to get to the playoffs and then Manning not crapping the bed come playoff time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Guess they better start cracking the champagne now.

RmsLegends

Rookie
Yea looks like they are hoping to make another run at it next year. I say hey load up and win Broncos, every time they win in the regular season I can get a free big mac on Monday ;)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'll be impressed when they actually get a running game. Sure they could be the AFC champs, realistically, in 2014. It's not like it'll matter. They'll dominate against those panzy defenses of the AFC and get their crap kicked in by the actual big dogs of the NFC.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Seems the Pat did well to, should be a good game Denver vs NE this season.

A55VA6

Legend
They just got Emmanuel Sanders to replace Decker. This team is going to be very good. I just hope they don't end up like the Eagles when they signed all the great players and ended up being garbage... but this is Manning's team we're talking about. So I doubt that'll happen lol

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
What??!?!!!? They have won in one category only; most $$$ spent. Production is a whole other ball game. And they know that. They're just trying to do everything they can while they have Manning. That's the whole story.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well... if there is a "win now" team out there; it's Denver.

How many more kicks at the can for Manning?

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well... if there is a "win now" team out there; it's Denver.

How many more kicks at the can for Manning?

He needs to win one more SB to match little brother. Of course we all owe Eli for disappointing the Putiots when they had an undefeated season. Man, that was good! Just think, if the Putriots had won that SB and then could claim they were the last undefeated team....can you imagine the pain?:mad:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This agent isn't going to be trusted anymore...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...erral&utm_campaign=cnn-sports-bin&hpt=hp_bn15

Emmanuel Sanders is expected to sign with the Broncos tomorrow, but the process that led him there left the other teams involved fuming and crying foul. One team official claimed Sanders' agent broke "every rule in negotiations."

Agent Steve Weinberg, on behalf of the receiver, accepted a deal with the Chiefs in principle, according to one team source. Weinberg then engaged in negotiations with the Tampa Bay Bucs, according to another source involved in the process.

While shopping the Chiefs offer to the Bucs, Weinberg never explained that he had already accepted the terms of Kansas City's offer. Later in the night, Sanders' agent had agreed to terms with theBroncos, which is where he is currently headed. Sanders and Weinberg also rankled the 49ers by agreeing to visit, then blowing it off.

Last edited:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The 2014 NFL Free Agency World Champions... The Denver Broncos! Congratulations, you currently look great on paper, but I'll wait to see how you actually perform on the field before I crown you champions. My prediction... they lose in the divisional round. Unfortunately, no super bowl for Payton in 2014/2015.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I don't think the Broncos have a choice do they? They have been on the cusp the last two years and there is only a few more years Manning can perform at a high level. They have to go all in at this point as I see it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What??!?!!!? They have won in one category only; most $$$ spent. Production is a whole other ball game. And they know that. They're just trying to do everything they can while they have Manning. That's the whole story.

Yup, the window is this year and probably next year and possibly the year after that. That's all the time Manning is going to be able to give them so they have to load up now and try to get back to the SB and win it so Elway and the Broncos are writing big checks. The cap hell will be less painful if they win the title.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This agent isn't going to be trusted anymore...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...erral&utm_campaign=cnn-sports-bin&hpt=hp_bn15

Emmanuel Sanders is expected to sign with the Broncos tomorrow, but the process that led him there left the other teams involved fuming and crying foul. One team official claimed Sanders' agent broke "every rule in negotiations."

Agent Steve Weinberg, on behalf of the receiver, accepted a deal with the Chiefs in principle, according to one team source. Weinberg then engaged in negotiations with the Tampa Bay Bucs, according to another source involved in the process.

While shopping the Chiefs offer to the Bucs, Weinberg never explained that he had already accepted the terms of Kansas City's offer. Later in the night, Sanders' agent had agreed to terms with theBroncos, which is where he is currently headed. Sanders and Weinberg also rankled the 49ers by agreeing to visit, then blowing it off.
Is this the same agent that pulled this a couple years ago?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Is this the same agent that pulled this a couple years ago?

I don't know, but it sure seems the NFL should void his Broncos deal and make accept the Chiefs deal he agreed to.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't know, but it sure seems the NFL should void his Broncos deal and make accept the Chiefs deal he agreed to.

A verbal agreement isn't legally binding in this case. They broke the unwritten code I guess but there is no way the NFL is going to get involved in a he said she said issue between an agent, a player and a team.

If this guy effs around enough he will be pushed out......when was the last time you heard anything about the Postons LOL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A verbal agreement isn't legally binding in this case. They broke the unwritten code I guess but there is no way the NFL is going to get involved in a he said she said issue between an agent, a player and a team.

If this guy effs around enough he will be pushed out......when was the last time you heard anything about the Postons LOL.

Good point!

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll be impressed when they actually get a running game. Sure they could be the AFC champs, realistically, in 2014. It's not like it'll matter. They'll dominate against those panzy defenses of the AFC and get their crap kicked in by the actual big dogs of the NFC.

I watched a replay of the regular season game the Broncos played with the Putriots and they had a robust running game with Moreno and Ball. The Seattle win in the SB was a very strange game. Denver is now stocking up on D players and should make another run in 2014.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I watched a replay of the regular season game the Broncos played with the Putriots and they had a robust running game with Moreno and Ball. The Seattle win in the SB was a very strange game. Denver is now stocking up on D players and should make another run in 2014.

Patriots are doing the same. They still lack a pass rush, though.

Denver is looking the like the best in the AFC. Ware and Miller lining up on the ends during passing downs makes things really interesting for them.

Denver kinda sneaks up on teams with their running game. It's like their change up because teams are so worried about Payton's fastball. Seahawks weren't fooled a bit and layed the wood on the receivers. It was pretty freaky.

With that said, Seattle's secondary and DL have taken a hit this offseason. No McDonald, Bryant, Thurmond, Browner, or Clemons really changes their landscape. They're still really good but I highly doubt they're gonna fully replace all those solid players.

Our Rams are on their heels...