Denver; what do they do at QB?/They trade for Mark Sanchez of course

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The team that brought him in twice, the teams that are talking to him now, the Texans, take your pick there is a list and they all know more than anyone here.

So you're saying the team that cut him, the team that cut him and traded him for a 7th, and nobody (because I haven't heard of anyone talking to Keenum).

I agree. They know more than anyone here...that's why they've each gotten rid of him at least once.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
There was some discussion on NFLN tonight one commentator suggested, getting Sanchez might be a Ploy, Sign him and Trade him to the 49ers to get Kap! Because Chip would prefer him ( Sanchez)! Silly but that's what they said.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Curious to know if Denver will look heavily at Connor Cook now at the end of the 1st. Seems like they may have a run at a QB next year if Sanchez is the full-time starter.
Elway has alluded that Sanchez is just the first step (Which is likely all the Keenum speculation was) and that they are looking for their #1
I tell you who I think fits what they're doing there, is Colt McCoy
Cant throw it over 30, but inside that he's pretty tight

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So you're saying the team that cut him, the team that cut him and traded him for a 7th, and nobody (because I haven't heard of anyone talking to Keenum).

I agree. They know more than anyone here...that's why they've each gotten rid of him at least once.
The Rams did not get rid of him the Texans took him off the practice squad.

Even with today's interconnected world we will never know every contact and who is talking. Seeing someone say Denver had him listed as an option, knowing the Texans like him and were in the market. There aren't THAT many teams looking for QB help and he wasn't going anywhere to be a back up when the Rams are saying he is the starter.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams did not get rid of him the Texans took him off the practice squad.

Even with today's interconnected world we will never know every contact and who is talking. Seeing someone say Denver had him listed as an option, knowing the Texans like him and were in the market. There aren't THAT many teams looking for QB help and he wasn't going anywhere to be a back up when the Rams are saying he is the starter.

How did he get on the Rams practice squad? They cut him.

I highly doubt anyone was talking to Keenum when he had a first round tender on him. Nor do I believe for a second that Denver was entertaining giving up a first for him. If the Texans liked him, why did they trade him for next to nothing?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How did he get on the Rams practice squad? They cut him.

I highly doubt anyone was talking to Keenum when he had a first round tender on him. Nor do I believe for a second that Denver was entertaining giving up a first for him. If the Texans liked him, why did they trade him for next to nothing?
Whatever Jerry You're really obsessed with getting the last word every time no matter the subject aren't you. I give up Keenum has no suitor and you know everything about every player ever as well as having inside lines to every front office in the league.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whatever Jerry You're really obsessed with getting the last word every time no matter the subject aren't you. I give up Keenum has no suitor and you know everything about every player ever as well as having inside lines to every front office in the league.

Seems like you are too. I have no idea if Keenum has suitors are not. I don't believe he does and have heard nothing indicating that he does. You were the one who claimed he did.

Yea, I don't like Keenum. I've dealt with a decade of losing. I want to watch a winner and Case Keenum isn't a guy I have any confidence in delivering a winning season.

jap

Legend
Someone seriously needs to step up and introduce Jeff Fisher to Mike Martz. We seriously need a QB guru affiliated with our staff of coaches---someone who actually, actually has the ability to recognize QB talent and pull it out of prospects, even if they are left kicking & screaming. Who the hell are all these "QB gurus" that Fish is using in-house and what do they really! think we have at the NFL-designated premier position?

I mean, how the hell do we go from Trent Green, Kurt Warner, & Marc Bulger to Case Keenum, Nick Foles, & Sean Mannion? We have the damn Gurley Express! in the house---is there really no one god enough on this roster to take advantage of his immense talent with a credible passing game?

Am I getting prematurely miffed?