Demoff asks your opinion about matte horns & shading of them too

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
C90VyO7VwAARYmm.jpg

THIS with gloss blue and matte white, would be awesome.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
C90VyO7VwAARYmm.jpg

THIS with gloss blue and matte white, would be awesome.
Please no!!! Do not change the horns!! Especially to look like a wasp stinger! If they do anything, let it just be widening the horns. Matte white I could deal with I suppose...Maybe..

Psycho_X

Legend
I like the helmet in the pic tweeted originally as shown below. But I do not like matte finish at all on helmets except for maybe the shadow parts. I also prefer these uniforms except more to the royal blue and without the white pants. The blue is definitely too dark in this pic though... looks like Michigan. A little lighter and matching the helmets. I've always wanted to see the old royal blue uniforms with matching royal blue helmets instead of the darker blue helmets.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
All white and blue, but the Horns need to be WIDER. If you're going to go "throwback" do it like they did.

I read all the twitter comments and the LARGE majority mention the Horns need to be wider. Get it done!

Last edited:

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Is it some kind of deficit that we had the perfect uniforms in 1969, with the possible exception of 1973 (my 2nd fav.)? I really do not care for all the art decco stuff that teams come out with nowadays. That's how the puke beige came about--trying to come out with something new just for the sake of having something new doesn't always work out....

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Demoff did mention last night that the new uniforms should be blue and yellow with the throwmbacks blue and white

But then , Demoff says a lot of things , :confused:

Psycho_X

Legend
Demoff did mention last night that the new uniforms should be blue and yellow with the throwmbacks blue and white

But then , Demoff says a lot of things , :confused:

Hope that's true, and yeah I take anything that dude says with a grain of salt.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I have no real confidence is Demoff or Nike to get them right

But I do know , I don't care for the modern throwback uniforms either , I do like the blue and yellows , it's just that the current ones are just to bright and shinny , the look cheap

I don't know about the matte horns on the helmet , but I wouldn't mind the uniforms to be more of a flat matte color

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Detroit Lions get new uniforms from NIKE

The Lions seem to like tweaking their uniforms every two or three years

But this is one of the few times , I actually kinda sorta like what NIKE did , they actually seemed to go in the opposite direction to what they normally do , and simplified it , removing all the black , and widened the center stripe on the helmet , and the helmets seem to have like a matted metal flack to them , so I hope they use the same approach with the new Rams uniforms

keep it simple

Detroit-Lions-1.jpg

Detroit-Lions-2.jpg

Detroit-Lions-4.jpg

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Detroit Lions get new uniforms from NIKE

The Lions seem to like tweaking their uniforms every two or three years

But this is one of the few times , I actually kinda sorta like what NIKE did , they actually seemed to go in the opposite direction to what they normally do , and simplified it , removing all the black , and widened the center stripe on the helmet , and the helmets seem to have like a matted metal flack to them , so I hope they use the same approach with the new Rams uniforms

keep it simple

I like the matte with metallic colors. Works really well such as the Lions silver helmets here or the Bucs pewter helms. I don't like it with non-metallic colors traditionally but would reserve judgment until I saw an example. But I don't think I would like the Rams colors and helmet in matte.

The Lions uniforms are nice, I've always liked theirs for the most part but the basic ones look better and glad they went back to that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Matte doesn't work well on helmets unless it's metallic. Just no on the matte helmets please.

For the horns it probably wouldn't be too noticeable, hard to say. What matters moreso to me:

1. The fat base above the facemask. Just looks better all around.
2. Sharp point at the end that goes up moreso than a cinnamon roll curl. Too much curl doesn't look as fierce IMO.
3. Horn curl on the shoulders going around the numbers. Just hard to beat that look from the side.

I'm good with Blue and Whites. Good with Blue and Yellows. Good with even different colors being introduced. If they follow the above the uniforms will look good.

If it were me, in addition to the above I'd do the following:

4. Notre Dame dark blue used in entire uniform.
5. Notre Dame metallic gold on the horns and used to outline portions of the uniform like the numbers.
6. Throwbacks would be Blue and Whites of the Fearsome Foursome fame.

I like the Blue and Yellows but the combination of the dark blue and metallic gold of Notre Dame fame would look amazing on our uniforms. Here's the colors:

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh and btw not sure why he'd ask folks what they think on Twitter. Too many haters and idiots jumping in on that thread, it's hard to read and get a real feel for what the fans think. Rams boards are a better way to go IMO.

Last edited:

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Matte doesn't work well on helmets unless it's metallic. Just no on the matte helmets please.

For the horns it probably wouldn't be too noticeable, hard to say. What matters moreso to me:

2. Sharp point at the end that goes up moreso than a cinnamon roll curl. Too much curl doesn't look as fierce IMO.
3. Horn curl on the shoulders going around the numbers. Just hard to beat that look from the side.

I'm good with Blue and Whites. Good with Blue and Yellows. Good with even different colors being introduced. If they follow the above the uniforms will look good.

5. Notre Dame metallic gold on the horns and used to outline portions of the uniform like the numbers.

I like the Blue and Yellows but the combination of the dark blue and metallic gold of Notre Dame fame would look amazing on our uniforms. Here's the colors:

No just NO I hate ND

Psycho_X

Legend

No just NO I hate ND

I don't hate Notre Dame but I don't want to look like other popular brands. It's why I don't want to be Indianapolis Colts colors or Michigan colors or Notre Dame colors. I want to be the Rams colors. And royal blue/canary yellow are Rams colors through and through. Everything else is just generic or unoriginal to me.