Demoff asks your opinion about matte horns & shading of them too

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like that the Rams are changing the uniforms... I don't like the gold... I see potential in the white...

But I still have no idea what our 2017 uniform will look like, home or road, despite all the bits that have been shared by the Rams.

I mean, I think I can guess. I can google images. But what is the final product, really?

I am hoping they have a good plan, but from what I know and see, I am nervous it looks half-done because of the rules restricting what can be done. And... half done for 2 years? Yuck.

I wish we negotiated as part of relocation a waiver to the rules on this.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't hate Notre Dame but I don't want to look like other popular brands. It's why I don't want to be Indianapolis Colts colors or Michigan colors or Notre Dame colors. I want to be the Rams colors. And royal blue/canary yellow are Rams colors through and through. Everything else is just generic or unoriginal to me.

The Notre Dame navy blue is actually very close to what we have now on our helmets and might even be the exact same but the jerseys never matched the helmets. The gold is just a metallic vice baby $hit brown/tan that they used in STL.

I could have said use the standard "navy blue" which is the same thing, with a metallic gold for the horns. But I wanted folks to get a good mental image. Suppose in a way that worked against what I was saying, since having gold horns on the helm and shoulders wouldn't look anything like Notre Dame but folks focus on that.

But anyway I'm not going to get all set on wanting one color combo, because then when the Rams choose something different I'll be disappointed. The above is a look I'd choose, but as long as they keep the horns I'll like it I'm sure.

Psycho_X

Legend
The Notre Dame navy blue is actually very close to what we have now on our helmets and might even be the exact same but the jerseys never matched the helmets. The gold is just a metallic vice baby $hit brown/tan that they used in STL.

I could have said use the standard "navy blue" which is the same thing, with a metallic gold for the horns. But I wanted folks to get a good mental image. Suppose in a way that worked against what I was saying, since having gold horns on the helm and shoulders wouldn't look anything like Notre Dame but folks focus on that.

But anyway I'm not going to get all set on wanting one color combo, because then when the Rams choose something different I'll be disappointed. The above is a look I'd choose, but as long as they keep the horns I'll like it I'm sure.

Another issue with keeping the navy blue look at the moment is that they have/do/will essentially have the same main color as the LA Chargers now. And depending on who uses white, yellow, or gold possibly the exact same color combo. One thing I know is that the Chargers will not have royal blue and canary yellow uniforms.

But it comes down to branding and pride for me. I'm sure neither the Chargers or Rams want to share the same color combo, in the same city, with the same stadium... all though would save Stan some money I guess. So I can't say the same, I WILL be disappointed if they choose a color combo that isn't unique. Yes the helmets won't be the same and the uniforms won't be exactly the same as someone else's but merchandise, advertising, and general association will be so much better if it's unique.

Obviously, none of us are going to stop being fans based on colors and this is just my opinion. I just think the organization has a very good opportunity here to reclaim a distinct identity. Something they've sorely lacked for over a decade now with as bad as they've been.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
But it comes down to branding and pride for me. I'm sure neither the Chargers or Rams want to share the same color combo, in the same city, with the same stadium...

That's a good point.

This might be why we've seen them leaning towards a clean blue 'n white look that is similar to the Dodgers. They might even be planning for the royal blue you mentioned with the white to get that look, since the LA Dodgers colors are so iconic for LA.

It's going to be fun to see what they do. Differentiating themselves from the Chargers might well be an inevitable direction for them or for the Chargers.