DeAndre Hopkins unhappy with contract is holding out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Screenshot_2016-07-30-10-34-58-1.png

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm sick of these players having one great season and thinking they deserve all the money they want. He's a great receiver no doubt but finish your fucking contract and prove you can continue to be elite and stay healthy.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'm sick of these players having one great season and thinking they deserve all the money they want. He's a great receiver no doubt but finish your freaking contract and prove you can continue to be elite and stay healthy.
While I agree that people like Bennett should shut their traps and honor the contract THEY negotiated and signed, I think the Texans would be well served to structure a new deal with Nuke now. He is still in the rookie deal he was slotted into, hence his frustration (and the difference between him and Bennett). It will end up saving the Texans money if he continues to produce like he has. Price only goes up on impact WRs. Wish we had this problem....

Athos

Legend
Actually, he's had two very strong years back to back and a very solid rookie year for a really shitty offensive team with some garbage QBing.

That said, this is a somewhat stupid play by Hopkins. But also dumb by the Texans to not pay him before another huge year.

Play it out and hit FA. If they franchise you, they'll be paying you a hefty chunk of change regardless.

If I were him, FA would both get him the $$ he wants and a better team.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Very bad move on his part. He has no leverage plus they can fine him a lot of money for every day he misses camp. He's on his rookie deal and with like 2 years left! Add the franchise tag and they have locked up at least 2018! The team will not redo his contract. Next year I'm sure the team will begin negotiate a contract after this season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd guess this is why we didn't draft Nuke.....dude is a diva....and there is NO way they negotiate while still on a rookie deal....

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Houston needs to watch out. That fucker will smear his shit all over their training camp living facilities like he did in his hotel room when he was at the draft combine if they piss him off.

DOO DOO Hopkins

That's what I've called him ever since then.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Houston needs to watch out. That freaker will smear his crap all over their training camp living facilities like he did in his hotel room when he was at the draft combine if they pee pee him off.

DOO DOO Hopkins

That's what I've called him ever since then.
Lol

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't think we need his "Type" in our locker room!

Athos

Legend
Very bad move on his part. He has no leverage plus they can fine him a lot of money for every day he misses camp. He's on his rookie deal and with like 2 years left! Add the franchise tag and they have locked up at least 2018! The team will not redo his contract. Next year I'm sure the team will begin negotiate a contract after this season.

Uh. No. He signed a 4 year deal when he was drafted. This is year four of that deal. They can franchise him next year I believe. Seems somewhat normal asking for a contract. I think he'd be dumb to stay in Texas but that's another point entirely. He's pretty much that entire offense on that team.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Uh. No. He signed a 4 year deal when he was drafted. This is year four of that deal. They can franchise him next year I believe. Seems somewhat normal asking for a contract. I think he'd be dumb to stay in Texas but that's another point entirely. He's pretty much that entire offense on that team.
So they exercised his 5th year option? If no then he should hold out.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Texans exerxisised the 5th year option on him like the Rams did with TA. So they have him under contract for two more years. Them they can use the franchise tag if they don't have a deal worked out yet.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I just read that they did pick up 5th year option. Very surprised that a new deal isn't done. Now I understand why he's pissed

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I just read that they did pick up 5th year option. Very surprised that a new deal isn't done. Now I understand why he's pissed
Why are you surprised? They pay him under the new rookie cba for two more years. Don't hear TA crying for a new contract, or any other 1st rounder from that draft.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Why are you surprised? They pay him under the new rookie cba for two more years. Don't hear TA crying for a new contract, or any other 1st rounder from that draft.
Because unlike TA he's out played his contract by a crazy margin. The guy is one of the best at his position right now, he deserves to have his contract redone. They did it with Watt we did it with Quinn. The only reason we don't do it with TA because he doesn't deserve it.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I find it odd that the Texans havent been trying to get a deal done. Hes clearly worth the money and the sooner you get it done the cheaper itll end up being

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Because unlike TA he's out played his contract by a crazy margin. The guy is one of the best at his position right now, he deserves to have his contract redone. They did it with Watt we did it with Quinn. The only reason we don't do it with TA because he doesn't deserve it.
True. Good points