Day 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
jimitroutboy said:
Warner4Prez said:
jimitroutboy said:
Tavon Austin had another stop on a dime, turn back and floor it against the flow of the pursuit. Every time he gets the ball the crowd reacts to him. They ran him out of the backfield as a tailback at least four times that I was able to count.

Great write up Jimi, treat yourself to a nice steak dinner on X's dime! :lol: Do we have a company card yet?

Anyway, I know it's just two days into camp, but it sounds like Austin is everything as advertised through the draft process. Personally I was/am a bit nervous, but still excited as hell at the prospects this kid has to offer. Can anyone who's been watching say if he's looked comfortable so far? Reports don't make it sound like he's been scared at all...how does he look taking handoffs?

Its kind of ironic/funny but when there was speculation on the Rams using him as a tailback I thought it would have to be pitches, end arounds, gimmicks.

No its dives and traps up the middle so far. He looks fine at it. I will say seeing on the field up next to the rest of the players was startling at first but he has great instincts to get out of trouble. If they are gonna hit him they plainly have to catch him. His ability to stop, reverse and pivot is breath taking. I have seen it for two days now and every time he does it still makes you gasp. They are moving him all over the place so far in sets....most of the time in the slot but occasionally I have seen him motioned out to a flanker spot isolated against a triple stack on the other side. In that set the defense is almost forced to rotate the safeties to the strong side and leave Austin one-one.

B-E-A-utiful! Really appreciate your insight, good sir.