Davis throwing style...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SlaterFan

Any of you notice his passing style ! It reminds me of the guys in the 50's and 60's....he has that overhand jump pass thing going on...

e

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I was impressed by how accurate he threw ducks. He threw a few today that I thought for sure would be picks and they hit the receiver on the numbers, go figure.

LooNaTik83

He reminds me of a Steve Young. I don't know what it is but we need to play him more to develop his true bringing. Must be the movement, how he scrambles.

V3

Hall of Fame
I noticed that when he didn't get his feet planted under him correctly, his passes were off. When he did, his passes were very good. It's only going to get better with playing time.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
One thing I love about him is his attitude. He has a will to win. He's aggressive and that shit rubs off on others..... but yea, he looks like he's kinda throwing some balls up for grabs, but they are at guys and being caught. All I care about!

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Davis' playing style reminds me of Kellen Clemens. Similar size, pocket movement, mobility, arm strength (slightly better). Offensive gameplan similar to what we saw with KC

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
You mean the way he set up a couple of receivers to get killed? I don't like that lob stuff he did a couple of times today

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You mean the way he set up a couple of receivers to get killed? I don't like that lob stuff he did a couple of times today
Which throws are you talking about exactly? The Harkey screen?

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Yes one was the Harley throw I'm not sure it was a screen I will have to go back and look. There was also one to quick where he was waiting for the ball to get to him and two defenders arrived at the same time. He did a good job but you can't lob the ball like that or the receivers pay the price

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
yea he throws that shit grenade style. all his passes sail really high. it's good and bad. bad cus plenty of times it caused a receiver to jump in open space and stop his running but on the other hand at least he puts it where only our 6'3+ guys can get it.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Which throws are you talking about exactly? The Harkey screen?

That throw had me cringing before Harkey even caught it. He had no chance to defend himself. Apart from that I loved what I saw from A.Davis!

lockdnram21

Legend
I noticed that when he didn't get his feet planted under him correctly, his passes were off. When he did, his passes were very good. It's only going to get better with playing time.
yea i noticed the announcer mentioned that. if nothing else we have our backup Qb for a couple years

SlaterFan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Grenade style.....haha , love that !
yea he throws that crap grenade style. all his passes sail really high. it's good and bad. bad cus plenty of times it caused a receiver to jump in open space and stop his running but on the other hand at least he puts it where only our 6'3+ guys can get it.

fearsomefour

Legend
yea he throws that crap grenade style. all his passes sail really high. it's good and bad. bad cus plenty of times it caused a receiver to jump in open space and stop his running but on the other hand at least he puts it where only our 6'3+ guys can get it.
Yeah, a wind up and a slow release. Mechanically not very clean. But, most of his passes seemed on time. Not everyone has to look the same I guess. But, it will be interesting if he plays a enough for D coaches to get a book on him.