Daryl Richardson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
albefree69 said:
ramsince62 with some good points:
Personally, I believe that there's a primary role for both Pead and Richardson, particularly because I don't expect Richardson to stay healthy throughout the entire season, his size still bothers me, especially if he's called upon 20 times or more a game. I just think at some point they'll go to the well once to often with Richardson as the primary carrier. Pead's improved his blocking and that's a big plus, but like the rest, I wish he would spend less time thinking and more time reacting. I'm also a bit tired of hearing about how Pead needs more time to come around....isn't a full season and another preseason long enough for the lights to come on, especially at RB? Maybe he's finally "gotten it", these next two games could tell the tale.

As stated repeatedly, the running game "takes a village".....whoops, Hillary isn't around is she?

She will be in 2016. :bg:

She's round already! :peace:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Does the guy have horns on his helmet???? I'm a damn fan then!!!!

DR does take too much punishment for my liking and I hope he is way more durable than the average joe. From where I'm sitting, I don't think it prudent he averages more than 12 carries a game. If Pead, Stacy, and Cunningham can give us 8 a piece a game, we are golden!

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
D-Rich is gonna be good for us. He hits the hole hard and is not afraid of contact. Hope he stays injury free. I am glad SJ mentored him last year. He reminds me of him with the dreads only faster and more explosive. I LOVE IT!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:

DR does take too much punishment for my liking and I hope he is way more durable than the average joe. From where I'm sitting, I don't think it prudent he averages more than 12 carries a game. If Pead, Stacy, and Cunningham can give us 8 a piece a game, we are golden!
Yeah, but in the heat of battle, whatever is working at the time seems to be used more often than not. Often, one or maybe two RB's get positive results at a time. It seems unlikely that if DR's having a good day that they don't keep using him.....so much for "the best laid plans"... :what:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
ramsince62 said:
Ramhusker said:

Yeah, but in the heat of battle, whatever is working at the time seems to be used more often than not. Often, one or maybe two RB's get positive results at a time. It seems unlikely that if DR's having a good day that they don't keep using him.....so much for "the best laid plans"... :what:

I see this developing in much the same way as last year. We all knew this was Steven Jackson's "team" but with a new sheriff in town (Fisher) he made a point of rotating Richardson in for a series here or there.

It was predetermined that Richardson would take the field and get the entire series, unless something derailed that series (down and distance) or a particular personnel grouping that was necessary for a particular play.

I envision the same sort of thing playing out with this group, with Stacy/Pead being given a series here and there to change things up, and more importantly, keep Richardson from being over exposed.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I'd love to see DR add a few more pounds in muscle and see what his game would be like after that.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
CGI_Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
there's not anything DR can do that Pead can't and Pead seems to be the better blocker,so I hope we give Pead another year

I got to disagree, unless I'm taking your post a little too literally. DR gets to top speed almost immediately. He's a very different runner put up next to Pead.

Pead appears the better blocker and has a well rounded running style. He might be better built for the long haul.

But DR gets to the hole and into gear about as fast as anyone in the league.
Whoa there CG, DR's gift is in his decision to hit the hole with all he's got,if Pead does the same thing ,he'll be as effective,Peads 40 time is faster.
I'm not arguing against anyone here and don't give two shits where they were drafted ,raw ability there is nothing DR can do Pead can't DR though as of yet has not run a sub 4.4 forty ,Pead has .
Whatever edge DR has on Pead is mental,not physical.

Further, our scouts decided to draft them where they did BECAUSE of physical gifts ,as a pro DR has done a better job of acclimating and Pead may NEVER acclimate ,but he is more gifted.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
CoachO said:
ramsince62 said:
Ramhusker said:

I see this developing in much the same way as last year. We all knew this was Steven Jackson's "team" but with a new sheriff in town (Fisher) he made a point of rotating Richardson in for a series here or there.

It was predetermined that Richardson would take the field and get the entire series, unless something derailed that series (down and distance) or a particular personnel grouping that was necessary for a particular play.

I envision the same sort of thing playing out with this group, with Stacy/Pead being given a series here and there to change things up, and more importantly, keep Richardson from being over exposed.
Or if someone rips off a 30 yarder and needs a blow

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
BTW ,where Pead and DR were drafted are not reflections on them they are reflections on WHO DRAFTED them.
Being a 2nd round pick does nothing to change your body chemistry.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I like Stacy's vision and hard running. The man can see and exploit a hole fast and decisively. If his lightbulb goes on as fast as DR's did... he could well steal that 2nd spot.

If not, I could still see him as the 2014 #1.

Pead? Looks good on paper. We'll see soon. I'm not sold.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Selassie I said:
Fucking A

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only D Rich fan out there.

He left Pead in the dust last year,,, and you know what,,, he left him in the dust because he's got superior talent and heart. Pead's never gonna beat D Rich out of the starting spot.

The D Rich bandwagon is loading,,, and I'm fucking driving it !

Nah, I'm witcha homie! I said last year that we may have gotten the better "Richardson" RB in the draft (crazy, I know). Also said he was the best RB on OUR roster last year and caught crap for it. Love that kidz skillz.

Pead could run a 3.9 in the 40 and it wouldn't mean diddly poo if he can't unfuck himself at this level. He simply has not produced in the NFL yet, and he still does not look good with the ball in his hands. Don't care if he is the best "pass blocking" RB on the roster if he can't tote the rock. DRich has done nothing but come in and make plays. JJBPOT said he was basically unstoppable in college. I know it wasn't Div 1, but I trust JJs judgement.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thordaddy said:
Whoa there CG, DR's gift is in his decision to hit the hole with all he's got,if Pead does the same thing ,he'll be as effective,Peads 40 time is faster.
I'm not arguing against anyone here and don't give two shytes where they were drafted ,raw ability there is nothing DR can do Pead can't DR though as of yet has not run a sub 4.4 forty ,Pead has .
Whatever edge DR has on Pead is mental,not physical.

Further, our scouts decided to draft them where they did BECAUSE of physical gifts ,as a pro DR has done a better job of acclimating and Pead may NEVER acclimate ,but he is more gifted.

I think at RB, it's difficult to tell if a college player can make the leap to the NFL. That's why there is a fairly high bust rate at RB. It's hard to tell if it's skill or OL performance.

But I will say this (and again it's just my opinion) not only is DR's decision to hit the hole good... it's his acceleration. The more I see him run this jumps out; dude is at top speed in just a couple of steps. That's a gift.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Faceplant said:
Selassie I said:
Fucking A

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only D Rich fan out there.

He left Pead in the dust last year,,, and you know what,,, he left him in the dust because he's got superior talent and heart. Pead's never gonna beat D Rich out of the starting spot.

The D Rich bandwagon is loading,,, and I'm fucking driving it !

Nah, I'm witcha homie! I said last year that we may have gotten the better "Richardson" RB in the draft (crazy, I know). Also said he was the best RB on OUR roster last year and caught crap for it. Love that kidz skillz.

Pead could run a 3.9 in the 40 and it wouldn't mean diddly poo if he can't unfuck himself at this level. He simply has not produced in the NFL yet, and he still does not look good with the ball in his hands. Don't care if he is the best "pass blocking" RB on the roster if he can't tote the rock. DRich has done nothing but come in and make plays. JJBPOT said he was basically unstoppable in college. I know it wasn't Div 1, but I trust JJs judgement.
You may not care, but Pead has picked up a blitz on almost EVERY explosive play that we have had in the preseason. And some of his pickups were outstanding. Rich is #1, but there is a place for Pead.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
You may not care, but Pead has picked up a blitz on almost EVERY explosive play that we have had in the preseason. And some of his pickups were outstanding. Rich is #1, but there is a place for Pead.

As a blitz picker-upper? I'd rather use Kendricks in that role.

Pead's got to deliver running the ball, folks. Plain and simple.

bluecoconuts

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:

He hasn't even gotten a chance in a game... And the very few carries he's gotten he looked just fine.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:

You just don't always have that choice. We've had plays where Harkey and Pead have picked up blitzers at the same time. Plus, you have to mix it up.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:

You just don't always have that choice. We've had plays where Harkey and Pead have picked up blitzers at the same time. Plus, you have to mix it up.

I don't disagree. He's done a fine job blocking.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:

I don't disagree. He's done a fine job blocking.
bountry.jpg

I think you were thinking of this.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
bluecoconuts said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:

He hasn't even gotten a chance in a game... And the very few carries he's gotten he looked just fine.

We are talking Pead, right?

He leads the team in attempts this preseason. With a 2.6 ypc including an 11yd run. That's not fine in my book!