Daryl Richardson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv5Ckwq2N04" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv5Ckwq2N04</a>

I for one am excited to see how D-Rich does in this spread out offense. His speed fits exactly the type of offense that Bradford is best suited for.

Since someone on RamStalk cried that there was cuss words in the song, here is a fair warning to you fuckers (oops)...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fucking A

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only D Rich fan out there.

He left Pead in the dust last year,,, and you know what,,, he left him in the dust because he's got superior talent and heart. Pead's never gonna beat D Rich out of the starting spot.

The D Rich bandwagon is loading,,, and I'm fucking driving it !

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
Fucking A

He left Pead in the dust last year,,, and you know what,,, he left him in the dust because he's got superior talent and heart. Pead's never gonna beat D Rich out of the starting spot.

Re hee heeeeeallllllllyyyyy.....

http://ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?p=76552#p76552

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
Selassie I said:
Fucking A

All-Righty-Then...

Guess I'm going to have to be satisfied with being the co-driver.

lol

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Selassie I said:
X said:
Selassie I said:
Fucking A

All-Righty-Then...

Guess I'm going to have to be satisfied with being the co-driver.

lol
Let him drive Selassie ,we'll sit in back and twist one up :ww:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Selassie I said:
Fucking A

I'd like to pose this question though, IF we had drafted these two in reverse order, would Pead be getting as much heat and DR be getting as much praise?

See I've watched these IP v DR threads and it is predominately draft position people seem hung up on about Pead, I like em both and think if Pead gets his shit together there's not anything DR can do that Pead can't and Pead seems to be the better blocker,so I hope we give Pead another year

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
Selassie I said:
Fucking A

That's an awesome thread to go back and review. I must have missed it last year. I think it would be cool to create an entire series of prediction threads like that every year, so we can all go back and laugh at ourselves later.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Stranger said:
X said:
Selassie I said:
Fucking A

That's an awesome thread to go back and review. I must have missed it last year. I think it would be cool to create an entire series of prediction threads like that every year, so we can all go back and laugh at ourselves later.

Seems like we have quite a few different prediction threads, or record-predictions, on this forum. They're a lot of fun.

nighttrain

Legend
Thordaddy said:
Selassie I said:
freaking A

The D Rich bandwagon is loading,,, and I'm freaking driving it !

I'd like to pose this question though, IF we had drafted these two in reverse order, would Pead be getting as much heat and DR be getting as much praise?

See I've watched these IP v DR threads and it is predominately draft position people seem hung up on about Pead, I like em both and think if Pead gets his shyte together there's not anything DR can do that Pead can't and Pead seems to be the better blocker,so I hope we give Pead another year
Spot on TD, I like the way both are playing, its not a popularity contest. rewatched the game last night,saw some plays where SB went to DR, and later on dup play could have gone to open (underneath) Pead, but went downfield. I think both are getting it, on the pass block and over the line of scrimmage safety valve (ala Marshall) I think Pead even just a little better. Blocking needs to get better for either to succeed
train

A55VA6

Legend
I'm a huge D-Rich fan. Very happy that he'll get the majority of snaps at RB.

tonyl711

Starter
you better put Stacey in the front seat of that bus, by mid season I think he will be a monster.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Personally, I believe that there's a primary role for both Pead and Richardson, particularly because I don't expect Richardson to stay healthy throughout the entire season, his size still bothers me, especially if he's called upon 20 times or more a game. I just think at some point they'll go to the well once to often with Richardson as the primary carrier. Pead's improved his blocking and that's a big plus, but like the rest, I wish he would spend less time thinking and more time reacting. I'm also a bit tired of hearing about how Pead needs more time to come around....isn't a full season and another preseason long enough for the lights to come on, especially at RB? Maybe he's finally "gotten it", these next two games could tell the tale.

As stated repeatedly, the running game "takes a village".....whoops, Hillary isn't around is she?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
ramsince62 with some good points:
Personally, I believe that there's a primary role for both Pead and Richardson, particularly because I don't expect Richardson to stay healthy throughout the entire season, his size still bothers me, especially if he's called upon 20 times or more a game. I just think at some point they'll go to the well once to often with Richardson as the primary carrier. Pead's improved his blocking and that's a big plus, but like the rest, I wish he would spend less time thinking and more time reacting. I'm also a bit tired of hearing about how Pead needs more time to come around....isn't a full season and another preseason long enough for the lights to come on, especially at RB? Maybe he's finally "gotten it", these next two games could tell the tale.

As stated repeatedly, the running game "takes a village".....whoops, Hillary isn't around is she?

She will be in 2016. :bg:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thordaddy said:
there's not anything DR can do that Pead can't and Pead seems to be the better blocker,so I hope we give Pead another year

I got to disagree, unless I'm taking your post a little too literally. DR gets to top speed almost immediately. He's a very different runner put up next to Pead.

Pead appears the better blocker and has a well rounded running style. He might be better built for the long haul.

But DR gets to the hole and into gear about as fast as anyone in the league.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
there's not anything DR can do that Pead can't and Pead seems to be the better blocker,so I hope we give Pead another year

I got to disagree, unless I'm taking your post a little too literally. DR gets to top speed almost immediately. He's a very different runner put up next to Pead.

Pead appears the better blocker and has a well rounded running style. He might be better built for the long haul.

And he also lacks the ability to make people miss, and takes way too many hits. I agree he has earned the "starters" tag, but I will not be surprised if the reps aren't pretty equal once Pead comes back from his one game hiatus. And I said REPS, not carries.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
CoachO said:
CGI_Ram said:
Thordaddy said:

And he also lacks the ability to make people miss, and takes way too many hits. I agree he has earned the "starters" tag, but I will not be surprised if the reps aren't pretty equal once Pead comes back from his one game hiatus. And I said REPS, not carries.

I'll agree on the hits DR takes. The highlight video confirms that.

But, he's got a cut that makes people miss... but I don't think any of us see him as the bell cow. The only question is who gets the bulk of the #2 carries. I still don't think that's been handed to Pead.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
All RBs are going to take hits,,, that's what they do. Sure some may be shiftier and are able to avoid the first or second hit,,, but unless they run out of bounds every time they carry the ball, they're gonna get hit. It just comes with the position. I don't buy into the fact that D Rich can't take a pounding like other NFL backs.

Chris Johnson is 5' 11" and only weighs 191 lbs. He's played 6 years in the NFL.

The average weight of an NFL RB is 215.

I say D Rich will be able to hang just as he is. I'm glad he doesn't shy away from taking on the defense right away,,, Pead should take a lesson in that.

I remember Jenks (BPOT) saying that D Rich was one of the toughest RBs he ever had to deal with in college.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Selassie I said:
All RBs are going to take hits,,, that's what they do. Sure some may be shiftier and are able to avoid the first or second hit,,, but unless they run out of bounds every time they carry the ball, they're gonna get hit. It just comes with the position. I don't buy into the fact that D Rich can't take a pounding like other NFL backs.

Chris Johnson is 5' 11" and only weighs 191 lbs. He's played 6 years in the NFL.

I say D Rich will be able to hang just as he is. I'm glad he doesn't shy away from taking on the defense right away,,, Pead should take a lesson in that.

I remember Jenks (BPOT) saying that D Rich was one of the toughest RBs he ever had to deal with in college.

I'm not saying that ALL RB's don't take hits. But there are backs that just don't give guys a "clean" shot at them the way Richardson seems to.

I am NOT saying he hasn't impressed me. Quite the contrary. But IMO, he just isn't the type of back that is going to stand up to the TYPE of hits he seems to take. He runs HARD, he runs north & south. But he DOES take an unusual number of DIRECT shots. More than 15 carries a game might take its toll with his running style.

I am NOT comparing his running style and Pead's. They are different backs. They bring a different skillset, as do ALL of the remaining backs on the roster. All I have said, is I see a role for them both, as well as Stacy.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
CoachO said:
Selassie I said:

I'm not saying that ALL RB's don't take hits. But there are backs that just don't give guys a "clean" shot at them the way Richardson seems to.

I am NOT saying he hasn't impressed me. Quite the contrary. But IMO, he just isn't the type of back that is going to stand up to the TYPE of hits he seems to take. He runs HARD, he runs north & south. But he DOES take an unusual number of DIRECT shots. More than 15 carries a game might take its toll with his running style.

I am NOT comparing his running style and Pead's. They are different backs. They bring a different skillset, as do ALL of the remaining backs on the roster. All I have said, is I see a role for them both, as well as Stacy.

I gotcha Coach.

Maybe he is taking a bunch of DIRECT shots,,, but as far as that goes, I really can't find any injury history for him as a result of it to this point. Hopefully it stays that way.

I'm sure we'll have a committee of RBs taking us all the way through every game, but after everything I've seen so far,,, D Rich would be the guy I'd want carrying the rock on the majority of our runs. Let Pead pick-up the blitzing LB on 3rd down :peek: