Darrell Henderson says he is ready to go after ankle surgery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
during the season watching henderson i was not that impressed but those camera angles were from the side at almost ground level. after the season i seen some high lights from behind the line and his cuts and burst were very impressive. i have questions about if he can pick up the offinse but if he can the guy is going to be great

His ability to execute the offense and not be a liability as a blocker are very important to his playing time and potential contributions.

I am not that concerned about his pass catching, I think all he needs to be is average to be effective.
My reasoning behind my optimism is from being in the stands or watching the all 22.

As long as he can mix play execution with his natural ability to be decisive and quick directionally with great balance I am hopeful.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
While I do think Akers will be the #1 (once he’s got the book down)... Henderson will be a high touch #2.

I really love the potential in this combination, sharing wear and tear... but not losing any performance between them in how used.

The Rams made a lot of decisions this offseason that make sense to me. Akers and Henderson look really good paired to me.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have some concerns with Henderson, pass protection for one and ball security being another. Plus when called upon, he seemed to come up lame, so Henderson needs to address durability at this level as well.

That being posted, IMO, Akers is more of a complete back and will take off some of the pressure off, which should free Henderson up to really showcase his talent and hopefully showoff that speed in both on the ground and in the air.

Ram65

Legend
While I do think Akers will be the #1 (once he’s got the book down)... Henderson will be a high touch #2.

I really love the potential in this combination, sharing wear and tear... but not losing any performance between them in how used.

The Rams made a lot of decisions this offseason that make sense to me. Akers and Henderson look really good paired to me.

I posted a while ago that in 2018 the Rams ran the ball around 29 times a game. They slipped down to around 24 carries last year. I expect they will get back to 29-30 carries this year.

What do you think the carry split will be between Akers and Henderson? Anyone can give their numbers.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I think it will start off one way but evolve as the game develops , If one is really having success and the other not as much the successful runner will skew the intended split. My guess 15 -16 Akers and 8-10 Henderson with some other options running the ball from the wr....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I posted a while ago that in 2018 the Rams ran the ball around 29 times a game. They slipped down to around 24 carries last year. I expect they will get back to 29-30 carries this year.

What do you think the carry split will be between Akers and Henderson? Anyone can give their numbers.

Personally, I'd go with Akers at 45% and Henderson at 40%. Give Brown the rest of the running touches.