Darrell Henderson says he is ready to go after ankle surgery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
RB Darrell Henderson says he is ready to go after ankle surgery

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on June 10, 2020
1591879201503.png

Los Angeles Rams running back Darrell Henderson said Wednesday that he has recovered from surgery to address a high-ankle sprain from December.“Yeah. I’m good to go now. I feel like if we were able to practice today I’d be out there with no limits,” Henderson said in a zoom call with reporters.

Henderson was injured in Week 16 in a game against the San Francisco 49ers. The injury effectively ended Henderson’s rookie season as he did not suit up in the team’s regular season finale against the Arizona Cardinals. Henderson said he’s been going to the Rams facility as part of his rehab work from the surgery and that he’s no longer hampered from the injury. “Its going pretty good. I feel great and I’m moving pretty good and I feel just fine,” Henderson said. Henderson will be in the mix to replace Todd Gurley as the starting running back with the Rams this season. Malcom Brown and top draft pick Cam Akers out of Florida State will also be a part of the competition.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I think him & Akers will form a great lightning & lightning combo. Can't wait to see these kids tear it up.

Ram65

Legend
Good that Henderson was able to go to the practice facility and rehab. He should in great shape to pair with Akers. Both of them will make the offensive line look better. The Cut and Go Brothers.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
From a pure running perspective I liked a lot of what I saw. I believe he can be a playmaker

MauiRam

Rookie
Cam was a highschool quarterback - that should lead to some intriguing formations. It's entirely possible we could see both guys on the field together now and then.

Wikipedia:
Cam Akers attended Clinton High School in Clinton, Mississippi, where he played quarterback and running back. As a senior, he rushed for 2,105 yards and 34 touchdowns, and passed for 3,128 passing yards and 31 touchdowns. For his high school career, he had 13,243 yards and 149 touchdowns .. Not too shabby by any standard ...

It is going to be very interesting to see what Sean can conjure up with these two ... :biggrin:

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Wow.... shades of Lamar Jackson / JK Dobbins??
lol who knows. He'd have to take snaps as a "backup" QB in camp tho, taking valuable snaps from our other backup QB's.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Cam was a highschool quarterback - that should lead to some intriguing formations. It's entirely possible we could see both guys on the field together now and then.

Wikipedia:
Cam Akers attended Clinton High School in Clinton, Mississippi, where he played quarterback and running back. As a senior, he rushed for 2,105 yards and 34 touchdowns, and passed for 3,128 passing yards and 31 touchdowns. For his high school career, he had 13,243 yards and 149 touchdowns .. Not too shabby by any standard ...

It is going to be very interesting to see what Sean can conjure up with these two ... :biggrin:

FOUR TOUCHDOWNS IN A SINGLE HIGHSCHOOL GAME?!?!?!?!?

Look at my Avatar.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Wikipedia:

have a look at this play. this is what we can expect from akers.

Ram65

Legend
have a look at this play. this is what we can expect from akers.

This guy kept saying he valued another position over RB Akers. He never did give any examples which makes his evaluations a little questionable. Wishy washy on Van Jefferson. Best route running year only worth a fourth round pick. It may look like the Rams went with the sexy picks by outsiders but, they replace Gurley and Cooks who were key components in 2018 to the Rams potent offense. I get it if your trying to evaluate a lot of teams because it's hard to know the ins and outs of each team.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This guy kept saying he valued another position over RB Akers. He never did give any examples which makes his evaluations a little questionable. Wishy washy on Van Jefferson. Best route running year only worth a fourth round pick. It may look like the Rams went with the sexy picks by outsiders but, they replace Gurley and Cooks who were key components in 2018 to the Rams potent offense. I get it if your trying to evaluate a lot of teams because it's hard to know the ins and outs of each team.

yeah but did you see that throw by akers? that was 50 yards in the air on the money. mcvay is gonna rip the league apart with this guy.

Ram65

Legend
yeah but did you see that throw by akers? that was 50 yards in the air on the money. mcvay is gonna rip the league apart with this guy.

I really hope you are right. What do you want to see?

I can see the half back option.

Do you the McVay will put him in the Wildcat and let him run and throw?

Do see Akers and Henderson on the field at the same time where McVay could run the option?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Do see Akers and Henderson on the field at the same time where McVay could run the option?
All that

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

even just the halfback option play is enough. if he connects on a couple of those how will the defense react? will they commit fully to stopping the run?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I’d rather see one of them lead the league in yards before contact coupled with YAC. But I’m a dreamer.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I believe Akers is going to be a surprise in many ways. (y)

But the thought of a pass option with him...

tenor.gif

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

All of the above, plus stuff we haven't even thought of.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
From a pure running perspective I liked a lot of what I saw. I believe he can be a playmaker

during the season watching henderson i was not that impressed but those camera angles were from the side at almost ground level. after the season i seen some high lights from behind the line and his cuts and burst were very impressive. i have questions about if he can pick up the offinse but if he can the guy is going to be great