DaBears just got trapped

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
On one hand, it gives the Bears a bit more motivation to come out swinging on Sunday night, if that means anything.

On the other hand, it basically guarantees a top 2 seed and with that a bye week in the playoffs.

Thanks Giants.
I don't think it gives them more motivation. It's a primetime game. Not getting your ass beat by the best team in the NFL on SNF should be enough motivation.

Good luck, Bears. Hopefully they'll make it interesting.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the Giants have been good this season it wouldn't be a trap. And the Bears defense should be able to hold the Giants to fewer points, if they are as good as their reputation. Unless, the Bears lane schedule means that they aren't as good as they are made out to be. In that case, sure, no trap.

The media, which consists of many prominent, former players uses the term, so it is actually a thing btw.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jamon Brown had issues early last year, but I do recall that he was the #1 rated OG in pass protection from week 5 on.

That said, Kromer clearly wanted something else AND Blythe balled out. If Blythe didn't ball out, I think Brown is still our RG.

I think you mean run blocking, not pass protection. That was actually a weakness in Jamon's game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, me too. The guy’s completely lost it. :palm:

He lost a lot of it over the bye. His QBR was 68.6. Maybe you watched a rerun of an earlier game and didn't see all of the low throws and wide throws on Sunday.

fearsomefour

Legend
Jamon Brown had issues early last year, but I do recall that he was the #1 rated OG in pass protection from week 5 on.

That said, Kromer clearly wanted something else AND Blythe balled out. If Blythe didn't ball out, I think Brown is still our RG.
That rating was nonsensical.
Don't know where it came from but his issues with getting off balance, lunging and giving up pressures remained all year. It got better, but, it remained all year.
His run blocking varied between good and excellent.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I was only remembering the first 11 games I guess.
We'll that was from November 13, so I have no clue which game that is, or how he finished the season. Also, I think they only measure whether or not he won, not if he used good technique and would have been beat given another half second or whatever. By their own admission, those people are results compilers not talent scouts.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We'll that was from November 13, so I have no clue which game that is, or how he finished the season. Also, I think they only measure whether or not he won, not if he used good technique and would have been beat given another half second or whatever. By their own admission, those people are results compilers not talent scouts.

I just recall a lot of the pressure on Goff being through his hole. But also recall him being a punishing run blocker.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
He lost a lot of it over the bye. His QBR was 68.6. Maybe you watched a rerun of an earlier game and didn't see all of the low throws and wide throws on Sunday.

Disagree. He didn't "lose" anything. He had a shitty game, which no one denies. And made some very poor, and uncharacteristic decisions. It happened, on the road, against a formidable defense, on a day when the oline wasn't its stellar self either. The sky's still there.

Ram65

Legend
If the Packers can lose to the Cardinals anything is possible. The NFL schedule is long which allows some teams to progress and some to regress. I had the game on but, was really watching the Rams. Ogletree had two nice INTs looking more like a younger Ogletree. Chase Daniels is not a great backup QB. He helped give the Giants an opening and they made good.

Jamone Brown was still lunging against the Eagles.

James Otto

Starter
If the Packers can lose to the Cardinals anything is possible. The NFL schedule is long which allows some teams to progress and some to regress. I had the game on but, was really watching the Rams. Ogletree had two nice INTs looking more like a younger Ogletree. Chase Daniels is not a great backup QB. He helped give the Giants an opening and they made good.

Jamone Brown was still lunging against the Eagles.

My wife is a Packer's fan ... and I watch every game. They lost to the Cards because Rodgers QUIT on McCarthy ... period. Rodgers is a bitch.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Disagree. He didn't "lose" anything. He had a crappy game, which no one denies. And made some very poor, and uncharacteristic decisions. It happened, on the road, against a formidable defense, on a day when the oline wasn't its stellar self either. The sky's still there.

Same thing, just a figure of speech