Cuts/ Trades / News from around the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Llorens looked pretty good in camp, would not surprise me if he carved out a career as a depth option in this league.

Speaking for myself I don't dislike Higbee and I can't recall anyone here that fits that criteria either. Just disappointed in him not stepping up in a situation where the stars were aligned for him. And yeah, I would have called Barnidge and checked in on him as an option. No doubt about it. But feel free to go on about how silly I am.

Very shrewd move by the Chiefs. He is worth a look and at a 5th round price I'd say it's a good roll of the dice. Plus Andy really knows his biz.
I don't dislike Higbee, he is just incomplete.
I like TEs that block, maybe McVay doesn't value that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't dislike Higbee, he is just incomplete.
I like TEs that block, maybe McVay doesn't value that.

McVay had him stretching the seams day one in camp. I'm sure he does care about blocking, but I think he sees Higs as the guy who gives him a high percentage mismatch vs most LBs in the passing game. Which is true. Even in that game vs the Chargers we saw the ease that he blew by the LB and got down the field. He really is a good athlete for his size.

Where I'm irritated by Higs is the way he struggled with his handle on the ball. He's big as F, has a huge catch radius, had good hands in college too. But for some reason he seems to be struggling with bringing it in when he's got someone in his space. Not to mention the occasional focus drop. And the reason it's irritating is he's got so much talent plus great coaching. Just the way I see it.

Everett is the guy, meanwhile, who is showing an ability to make contested catches. So it does seem like the Rams really hit on him. But again he's a rook so let's wait and see how he settles in. If he's a great one he'll get more and more involved as the season goes on and become a key read at some point in the scheme, but it's tough to expect too much from rook TEs.

fearsomefour

Legend
McVay had him stretching the seams day one in camp. I'm sure he does care about blocking, but I think he sees Higs as the guy who gives him a high percentage mismatch vs most LBs in the passing game. Which is true. Even in that game vs the Chargers we saw the ease that he blew by the LB and got down the field. He really is a good athlete for his size.

Where I'm irritated by Higs is the way he struggled with his handle on the ball. He's big as F, has a huge catch radius, had good hands in college too. But for some reason he seems to be struggling with bringing it in when he's got someone in his space. Not to mention the occasional focus drop. And the reason it's irritating is he's got so much talent plus great coaching. Just the way I see it.

Everett is the guy, meanwhile, who is showing an ability to make contested catches. So it does seem like the Rams really hit on him. But again he's a rook so let's wait and see how he settles in. If he's a great one he'll get more and more involved as the season goes on and become a key read at some point in the scheme, but it's tough to expect too much from rook TEs.
I forget Higbee is 6' 6".
That's crazy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would have given up a 5th rounder for Erving. Damn
Funny since Browns fans are saying their GM deserves a monument outside the stadium for getting a pick for in their words "the worst OLineman in the NFL".

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Llorens looked pretty good in camp, would not surprise me if he carved out a career as a depth option in this league.

Speaking for myself I don't dislike Higbee and I can't recall anyone here that fits that criteria either. Just disappointed in him not stepping up in a situation where the stars were aligned for him. And yeah, I would have called Barnidge and checked in on him as an option. No doubt about it. But feel free to go on about how silly I am.

Very shrewd move by the Chiefs. He is worth a look and at a 5th round price I'd say it's a good roll of the dice. Plus Andy really knows his biz.

What about Aaron Green ? Funny to 36's with Hatfield wear the jersey as well.

You seem to like Browns players. Maybe Johnny Football & Gordon would be good as well. -- joking .

You make solid points.

I think the practice squad has to have at least 2 O'lineman ,& db's .RB is a question mark.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I think Haden signing will have ripple effect in regards to Tru and whether he stays, as I alluded to in another post. They were after him hard last couple years, now they have their guy which is less of a demand for Tru.

Don't be fooled with Irving, he is AWFUL. I watched some of him in preseason and last year, and the dude sucks. I would rather keep our 5th. In my eyes, he is another Murphy along the line. YIKES

Possible Kearse trade would be surprising, I wonder what's up in SEAdderall's camp.

.. Oh and as for us, we could use a decent blocking tight end. I was a HUGE Higbee fan last year, thought he was a STEAL. But now I'm starting to wonder.. not sure if it's laziness or between the ears, but the dude has had concentration lapses where he forgets to catch the ball or hold his block. It's been TERRIBLE. Love me some Everett tho, loved his draft film and I think we got a STUD. Time will tell...

Love all these trade rumors, hopefully we snag a gem or two with minimal loss. Let's go Les!!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

96aaa0ee2522a449a5fe9756ef23524a.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That last one on Landry is being reported no where else at all - may be a load of crap.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL Some Brownies posted a few gifs of Ervings highlights

5b7s4pvao3fz.gif

cam-heyward-cam-erving.gif

erving-jtgif-7afe9fdc5d73af80.gif

jmtd.0.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think you were serious....

I think you are VERY serious.

Yeah - I like Johnny's character way more than Jared Goff's. I like the way to Johnny football can see over the offense line. Same with Gordon's character versus Sammy Walkens .
Their GM is so much better than Les Sneads.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yeah - I like Johnny's character way more than Jared Goff's. I like the way to Johnny football can see over the offense line. Same with Gordon's character versus Sammy Walkens .
Their GM is so much better than Les Sneads.
A-ha! I knew it!
Do you feel better now that you've confessed yourself?

The truth will set you free!