Cuts/ Trades / News from around the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Silly thing is Posters around here wanted The Rams to pick him up ??? They dislike Tyler Higbee ??

I'll tell Posters around here straight up Tyler Higbee will have a better career than this guy .

The shame of this last week is that Hemmingway got hurt. Makes me upset players get careless & roll up on other players. Just like last week with Carlos Thomas.

Can't believe there is no real mention of him around Posters. McVay truly liked him a lot. He was going to be a core special teams players as well. McVay had some nice TE sets where he was looking to take advantage of.

Cory Harkey was on the bubble , but now he is solid.I'm sure he is counting his blessings. There was a couple $dollars to save & maybe adding to Aaron Donald's pocket book ?

Yes - the 9ers found a good one in Kittle. Glad The Rams drafted Gerald Everett .John Johnson was icing ...
Hemingway has done nothing and Higbee can't block.
We aren't at practice. No way of knowing how Hemingway has progressed really as a fan.
I'm not down on him but all of the players at TE with the exception of Harkey are unproven.
Ignoring blocking at the TE would be a mistake. Hemingway may have been that guy for McVay....a guy who can block who is more athletic than Harkey. Bummer he got hurt.
Hopefully it is not a long term recovery process.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hemingway has done nothing and Higbee can't block.
We aren't at practice. No way of knowing how Hemingway has progressed really as a fan.
I'm not down on him but all of the players at TE with the exception of Harkey are unproven.
Ignoring blocking at the TE would be a mistake. Hemingway may have been that guy for McVay....a guy who can block who is more athletic than Harkey. Bummer he got hurt.
Hopefully it is not a long term recovery process.

Everett is a better blocker than you may think imo.
Higbee should be a solid TE. Has all the tools & should continue to get better.

In practice Goff has found him wide open. I think he scores at least 6 TD's season. His blocking skills can get frustrating. -- Last year he got blown up by a DE that I was like wow.For his size he should be a lot stronger as blocker.

Harkey is a dinosaur , that just keeps playing in the grass.He works real hard & is an excellent veteran.That is take away from Hemmingways injury who had(has) upside. Cory is guaranteed a roster spot.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Everett is a better blocker than you may think imo.
Higbee should be a solid TE. Has all the tools & should continue to get better.

In practice Goff has found him wide open. I think he scores at least 6 TD's season. His blocking skills can get frustrating. -- Last year he got blown up by a DE that I was like wow.For his size he should be a lot stronger as blocker.

Harkey is a dinosaur , that just keeps playing in the grass.He works real hard & is an excellent veteran.That is take away from Hemmingways injury who had(has) upside. Cory is guaranteed a roster spot.
On the Pass Blocking side .....Harkey can help save Goffs health .....the rest of the TE's will send him to the IR.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trade for Osweiler, cut Haden. Only one franchise could pull that off.
It's like they heard the bills are tanking thier season .... and thought nope bitches we going 0-16

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
On the Pass Blocking side .....Harkey can help save Goffs health .....the rest of the TE's will send him to the IR.
Kromer is working with them. The WR's are asked to block a lot as well.
It was going to be close with Harkey. I think Sam Rogers gets cut though.I wonder what looks Malcom Brown gets ?
I believe the more a player can do is better for the team.
I remember Robert Holcomb playing FB. Could be nice to have double backs.
He will play special teams & so much faster than Rogers .

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
It's like they heard the bills are tanking thier season .... and thought nope bitches we going 0-16
I didn't know you could bid nil in the NFL. You learn something new every day.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
............ no idea what you mean
If you're playing spades and you think you can play a hand without taking any tricks, you bid nil. If you're successful, 100 points. If someone sticks you with a trick, -100 points.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Kromer is working with them. The WR's are asked to block a lot as well.
It was going to be close with Harkey. I think Sam Rogers gets cut though.I wonder what looks Malcom Brown gets ?
I believe the more a player can do is better for the team.
I remember Robert Holcomb playing FB. Could be nice to have double backs.
He will play special teams & so much faster than Rogers .

Brown has already shown to be an effective last line of defense for our QB's. Brown has developed into one very sound back up to Gurley. Brown may not have much to work with but what he has he gives it all..you can't ask any more that that. You know the coaches just love him. Brown has sealed the deal IMO as the third down back. His hands are excellent his no nonsense north & south running, he is fearless & deliver ht when tackled. FB Sam Rogers is still under development. I would have to say a solid PS prospect at this time. I will differ with you here on the Cory Harley position...he is a solid MRS player.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Brown has already shown to be an effective last line of defense for our QB's. Brown has developed into one very sound back up to Gurley. Brown may not have much to work with but what he has he gives it all..you can't ask any more that that. You know the coaches just love him. Brown has sealed the deal IMO as the third down back. His hands are excellent his no nonsense north & south running, he is fearless & deliver ht when tackled. FB Sam Rogers is still under development. I would have to say a solid PS prospect at this time. I will differ with you here on the Cory Harley position...he is a solid MRS player.

I guess dinosaur might not be as good as The Rams janitor.

Harkey the janitor mops up the 4th qrt & was great in the win against Dallas.

He also always stays late working hard & the last one off the field.Cleaning up things as well.
Called upon when things get messy . To help secure the pass rush.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only reason Harkey makes the team is the Hemingway injury. Even with that he might lose to Wilson.

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ahhh,,,the dreaded MEL KIPER disease. Yeah that strikes a couple every year!
Hey, that's my last name....Rambo.

Out of everything so far, T.J. Ward, for knowing the defense, to his level of play, would make sense. No way, trade Mannion, then what would we have behind Goff? Hopefully, they release him.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
If you're playing spades and you think you can play a hand without taking any tricks, you bid nil. If you're successful, 100 points. If someone sticks you with a trick, -100 points.
Ahhh....the old Spades reference.....

What?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/30/report-packers-reach-a-deal-with-ahmad-brooks/

Report: Packers reach a deal with Ahmad Brooks
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 30, 2017

503288784-e1504115800773.jpg

Getty Images

The Packers rarely make moves for veteran free agents.

But they clearly feel like they need the linebacker depth.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Packers have agreed to a one-year deal with former 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks that could be worth up to $5 million.

Of course, the “up to” is always subject to a closer look at the real numbers, but the real story is that the Packers felt the need to add a 33-year-old linebacker.

With Julius Peppers leaving in free agency and some injury concerns among their existing options, they clearly felt the need to add to the mix.

Clay Matthews left early in Saturday’s game with an unspecified injury, though coach Mike McCarthy said it wasn’t a long-term concern. Nick Perry and Jayrone Elliott are also missing practice time, and fourth-round rookie Vince Biegel appears headed for the physically unable to perform list.

Brooks had 6.0 sacks for the 49ers last year, and their recent experience in keeping Peppers productive obviously makes them think they can use him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Heavy transaction time - thought it might be a good idea to have one thread for them.

To kick it off - our week one opponent just poached one of our cuts.

View: https://twitter.com/rich_hammond/status/902601563822186496

Llorens looked pretty good in camp, would not surprise me if he carved out a career as a depth option in this league.

Silly thing is Posters around here wanted The Rams to pick him up ??? They dislike Tyler Higbee ??

Speaking for myself I don't dislike Higbee and I can't recall anyone here that fits that criteria either. Just disappointed in him not stepping up in a situation where the stars were aligned for him. And yeah, I would have called Barnidge and checked in on him as an option. No doubt about it. But feel free to go on about how silly I am.

Very shrewd move by the Chiefs. He is worth a look and at a 5th round price I'd say it's a good roll of the dice. Plus Andy really knows his biz.