Cowboys Game - Help Please.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Plenty of good hotels on the Landing next to the Dome. Should be able to get a decent price especially this far in advance. There are a few good bars still on the Landing too. Just google the area around the dome for hotels and their rates. I would rec Drury, but have never stayed at a hotel. We always drive. There is a really inexpensive place right by the Dome that I can't recall. Many from the old board stayed there. It was right around the corner from Al's Steakhouse where we tailgated. I shall investigate.. Just a bit buzzed now. Have fun regardless. Wish I was going to that game, but am going to Seattle on Oct.19.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks for all the suggestions. will definitely head me in the right direction.

Big Unit

UDFA
The Drury is fine - a Missouri chain (Springfield, I think) that's generally very nice, and decent value.

For British/Europeans, St. Louis is mostly of interest because it's a linchpin of the Louisiana Purchase; jumping off place of the Lewis & Clark Expedition, who Thomas Jefferson sent off to explore what the youn US had just purchased; and to look for an easy "Northwest Passage" to the Orient. (No such luck.) But I'd go to the "Museum of Western Expansion" under the Arch; and take a cab - maybe 3 miles - to the Missouri History Museum. Excellent 250th birthday exhibit for St. Louis's birthday. One artifact is an ornate case of silver and glass ware, given by Marquis de Lafayette (one of the sponsors of the Revolution) to William Clark. (Clark had earlier given Lafayette a gift after the expedition - a grizzly bear cub - that wound up in the Paris Museum.)

I'd also take a short cab ride south of downtown to the Anheuser Busch brewery tour. Budweiser to St. Louis is like Coca Cola to Atlanta.

If you go down to the brewery area the Lemp Mansion is amazing food and the place is historic. You can't walk to or at least I wouldn't walk to Soulard. There are plenty of places to eat and drink on the landing.

A lot depends on what your looking for. The zoo is one of the best in the county and it's free. I'd say ballpark village is really cool and is great for a game if you don't want to go into the game as it has a live feed.

Big Unit

UDFA
Every suggestion I've seen here is within a couple miles of downtown; well on the beaten path.

I agree with the comments on Ballpark Village. And with the Cowboys in town, there's a "Flying Saucer" bar - small chain headquartered in Texas - on Clark, one block directly west of Busch Stadium. Literally hundreds of beers on tap, and likely to be frequented by plenty of fans of "America's Team".

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Museum of Westward Expansion has been mentioned and I will also tell you not to miss out on it, well worth the time and very well done.