Cowboy Point of View...Rams VS Boys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Great thread @Ramsey ! (y) Not so much because of the Cowgirl summary of events but because of the great and inventive/funny responses. On any other forum the responses would have had a completely different tone. This is why we have posters from other teams like @Rynie and @Cardncub posting here. Love it!

goosekilla

UDFA
Name
Jeremy
He more than likely did not see the Tavon touchdown. The players stood in the middle of the two fields making it nearly impossible too know what was going on on the other field. I thought our o-line did really well, back ups got beat a few times. Our receivers vs there corners was awesome I think there was 2 drops out of about 20 throws. There linebackers could not cover our tight ends or running backs either.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I sat in the bleachers with two Cowboy fans, where the Rams' O was going against the Dallas D. These drills are completely weighted against the Defense, as there is no hitting the QB and in 7 on 7s there is no rush. My two Cowboy friends were saying the whole time that they are not going to be stopping anyone all year and it was going to be a long season for them. I knew anyone watching the other field would think the same thing. I would say the Rams' QBs completed about 80% of their passes and some for long gains. You can't take much from watching one side of the field where the playing field is so slanted toward the offense.

I was thinking the same, good point. Some of the TDs were over very good coverage with unbelievable throws, the kind of throws that are much harder when you have live rushers comin for the QB's fruit cup.

Tru looked probably the best in the drills they streamed. Jenks did a lot of clutching/holding but was right there on many of those passes. Of the others Claiborne looked quite good in some reps, and like a rook in others. Roberson got burnt like toast on Sunday morning. Joyner also didn't do too well and obviously isn't the type of DB who's gonna be a drills all star. Rams might have found another gem in Claiborne, we'll see.

OL drills is kinda the same thing, where you have rested DL going all out on one snap which does favor the DL a bit. Plus the point of view being from the side makes it hard to see the technique so not gonna get into that. I'm gonna wait for games 2 and 3 in preseason with game 3 in particular being the dry run for the season before I really set expectations on this OL.

I'll say this again though... The Rams need to solidify the LG spot behind Saffold. That looms as the biggest issue with this line, moreso than who will start at center. And lastly I'm just about ready to accept that I was wrong about Jones, that he's not gonna be a starter for us. But again we shall see over the next two preseason tilts.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Lmao at crying about an article from BLOGGING THE 'BOYS being one-sided. Some of you are sensitive.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
love how they whine about Trumain hitting randle yet no mention of them hitting Quick, whom is supposed to remain untouched

I think he can take a pop with the beanie on, but not taken to the ground to avoid awkward landings on his shoulder. I believe on that play, the problem was he was taken to the ground after the whistle.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Is anybody really surprised that a report from a Cowboys fan is incredibly one sided and uncomplimentary?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Lmao at crying about an article from BLOGGING THE 'BOYS being one-sided. Some of you are sensitive.
Oh, it's not that. You take a look at the thread from yesterday. We can take the hits, just not the homerism from a Cowgirls fan.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The thing is reports that are so incredibly one sided are useless. Basically, the author is saying "Cowboys Good. Fire Bad. MMMM"

It's wasted electrons. I wouldn't read a pro Rams report that was so devoid of actual analysis that a 2nd grader would laugh at its infantile reasoning. I think the surprise is that any Cowboy fan would be satisfied with such "analysis".

Maybe we're just spoiled here, wanting actual information about our team, that we're amazed another fan base would put up with such drivel. Live and learn, I guess.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm curious about one thing, do Cowboys reporters usually not bring up players mistakes in camp? Or is it in this case just because it's a head to head? For instance reports are Tavon Austin burned a DB a couple times for big TDs. Now I don't expect a Cowboys reporter compliment a Rams player, but there's no mention about a Cowboys DB messing up and allowing a big play.

Also how is Coles Achilles looking? Reports were he has been tearing it up all camp. Hope for the best.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I'm curious about one thing, do Cowboys reporters usually not bring up players mistakes in camp? Or is it in this case just because it's a head to head? For instance reports are Tavon Austin burned a DB a couple times for big TDs. Now I don't expect a Cowboys reporter compliment a Rams player, but there's no mention about a Cowboys DB messing up and allowing a big play.

Also how is Coles Achilles looking? Reports were he has been tearing it up all camp. Hope for the best.
Everyone is different. Not everyone is a blind homer. We all recognize we have question marks. Every team has its Homers, realists, and pessimistic fans; that not exclusive to the Cowboys.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan

I dunno about "crying." I think most of us have been laughing.

Just for comparison's sake, here's the Turf Show Times (the Rams SB Nation Affiliate, and answer to BLOGGING THE BOYS) take on the same events. Note:

nohomers.png

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/8...ining-camp-report-news-updates-dallas-cowboys

Practice Notes:
  • Left Guard Rodger Saffold and linebacker/speacial teams ace Daren Bates were not dressed and did not participate. Bates was wearing a bulky knee stabilizing brace and was walking with a noticeable limp.
  • Running Back Todd Gurley was dressed, but he assumed his regular rehab routine – individual and position group drills.
  • First fight of the practice belonged to the defense against the Cowboys' offense.
  • Second fight broke out after a few of the Cowboys' defenders got a bit too aggressive with Brian Quick. He still has on the yellow, hands-off beanie on his helmet.
  • During 11-on-11's, one Rams defender clearly got a sack on the Cowboys' quarterback. But, like I said, I was too far away to clearly see who it was.
  • Rams' receivers had a good day against Dallas' corners. Chris Givens beat Morris Claiborne on a slant during one-on-one drills. Both Kenny Britt and Stedman Bailey made multiple contested catches. Tavon Austin repeatedly won his one-on-one match ups. He also had a beautiful touchdown catch during 11-on-11's.
  • The offensive lined had mixed results. I did not notice many issues with pass protection, but they had a few issues opening up holes for the running backs. For example, on the first play of 11-on-11drills, Tre Mason had no room to work with. A few plays later, he broke off a big run to the left side.
  • Center Tim Barnes began practice with the starters. He did not stand out, but he did not draw attention to himself. I guess you can say a offensive lineman's job is done well when you go unnoticed.
  • The rams rotated Barnes and Barrett Jones with the one's. Jones had an up and down day. He held up well at times, but when he got pushed back... he got PUSHED BACK!

iced

I think he can take a pop with the beanie on, but not taken to the ground to avoid awkward landings on his shoulder. I believe on that play, the problem was he was taken to the ground after the whistle.

yea, thats what i meant

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I'm used to almost half the camp reports for our team calling out the bad stuff. Now maybe the difference is we're used to being kicked in the nuts once the season starts and whatnot, but that take really didn't focus on anything negative for the Boys.

If I'm a Cowpokes fan gotta say I'd take it with a grain of salt.

All that aside, their receivers really did look good. And with Romo throwing that ball not to mention a very good OL in front of them there is no doubt that's as good an offense as the Rams will face all season. So yeah, I can see why Fish wanted to work against them in camp to prep for the season.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
@Ramsey thanks for the "article." I got a good laugh from this guys "keen eyes and breakdown of the practice." To "rabblerousr", the author of this garbage...
finger.gif
and
stupid.gif
. I recommend you seek to report the truth rather than fiction so you don't look look like such an idiot.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I watched that 22min video of the practice and I must say the rams ol looked like trash especially the centers... Every one of them got beat very easy. The defenders didn't have to work hard to do that. The commentators even said wow the rams sure are setting soft.... Joyner and jj got beat just about every time they took a rep in the 1on1s with the recievers. The rams even PRACTICED that awful 10yrd off coverage trash. As expected just the recievers were wide open I think jj broke up 1 pass but the I don't think anyone else did. But they didn't catch everything there were bad throws and a few drops. I swear if I see that coverage in a regular season game in a short yardage situation I will lose it... I swear!!! But I must say JJ is the only corner with the athletic ability suited to play that coverage because he can react fast.. as long as it isn't a double move and he bites underneath. The other corners are toast as soon as they line up like that.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I found another article by the same writer.

You Will Suffer Humiliation When The Sports Team From My Area Defeats The Sports Team From Your Area

As you can see from the calendar, the game is coming up this weekend. I'm sure you are as excited for it as I am, as our cities are rivals and have been for quite some time. Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.

On numerous occasions, you have expressed the conviction that your area's sports team will be victorious. I must admit that every time I hear you make this proclamation, I react with both laughter and disbelief. "Ha!" I say to myself with laughter. "What?!" I say to myself in disbelief. How could you believe that your sports team could beat my sports team? It is clear that yours is inferior in every way.

When the sporting contest begins, the players on your team will be treated as though they are inconsequential. It will be remarkably easy for my team to accumulate more points than yours. There are many reasons for this, starting with the inferior physical attributes of the players representing your area. Strength, speed, and agility are just three of the qualities that the players on the team from your area lack. The players representing my area, on the other hand, have these traits in abundance.

I would not be a bit surprised if the individuals on the team from your area were sexually attracted to members of their own gender. That is how ineffective they are on the field of battle.

Underscoring your team's inferiority is its choice of colors. It is ludicrous to believe that your team's colors inspire either respect or fear. Instead, they appear to have been chosen by someone who is colorblind or, perhaps, bereft of sight altogether. The colors for my team, on the other hand, are aesthetically pleasing when placed in proximity to one another. They are a superior color combination in every way.

While we are on the subject of aesthetics, let us compare the respective facilities in which our teams play. While my team's edifice is blessed with architectural splendor and the most modern of amenities, yours is a thoroughly unpleasant place in which to watch a sporting contest. I know of what I speak, for I once attended a game between our respective teams in your facility. Let's just say the experience left me wishing that my car was inoperable that day due to mechanical problems, rendering it impossible for me to get to your area to attend the game.

If you need another reason why the sporting franchise representing my area is superior, look no further than the supporters for the two sides. Not only are the supporters of the team from my region more spirited, but they are also more intelligent and of finer breeding than you and the rest of your ilk. In addition, the female supporters of the team from my area possess more attractive countenances and figures than yours. Some of the women from my side that I have observed could make a living by posing for pictures for major men's magazines. The women who cheer for your team, I'm afraid, are far too unattractive to do so.

One of the more pathetic aspects of the team from your area is the fact that only people in your immediate area possess an affinity for it. By means of contrast, the team from my area inspires loyalty and affection in individuals who live in many other geographic locations.

To illustrate this point, let me tell a brief story: Recently, I was on vacation in an area of the country far away from my own, and I saw many individuals wearing items of clothing that bore the insignia of my team. I approached one such individual and asked him if he originated from my area. He said no, explaining that he simply liked the team from my area and had for many years. Interestingly enough, during this trip, I saw no clothing or other paraphernalia bearing the insignia of your team.

Do you still doubt that the team from your area is inferior to the one from mine? Just look at our teams' respective histories. In the past, we have defeated you on any number of occasions. Granted, there were times when your team beat my team, but those were lucky flukes.

The day of the game will soon be at hand. And no matter how hard you pray to a higher power or how many foam accoutrements you wear in support of the team from your area, your team will be defeated. We will win and you will lose. This is your fate.

Prepare for humiliation. It shall be upon you at the designated hour.

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/you-will-suffer-humiliation-when-the-sports-team-f-10804