Could all drug suspensions be overturned by tomorrow?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Correct me if I'm wrong, but under the last deal, didn't you have to fail once before you could be suspended? That would mean players like Bailey, Welker, etc had already failed something before and since it was their second offense, they received suspensions? Maybe I'm wrong on that?
I'm not sure either.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Gordon's suspension is problematic for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the amount he tested positive for.

The "positive" was 15 ng/ml which as players have rightly pointed out is possible to get via proximity or second hand contact. Supposedly, of his A and B samples, his A sample tested at 16 ng/ml. The B tested under. So, under international guidelines, he would NOT have tested positive.

Secondly, under the NEW guidelines, the positive is 35 ng/ml. Thus, Gordon was well below the new limits.

Once again, the NFL is likely ruling incorrectly and setting up a scenario where an independent arbitrator will be forced to rule against them as in the Ray Rice case.

Reason #6348 that Roger Goodell needs to stop being the NFL Commissioner right away...