Cooper Kupps Goffs Balls

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My wife and I had a few girly cider beers with the game and somehow we started laughing after the second Kupp TD about "kupping Goff balls" and we giggled way too much like simple idiots.
It was awesome.

So, with that... how about #18? We are all so focused on our offense struggling, we haven't really had a discussion about our star WR who is producing like a stud even while we aren't really running on all cylinders.
I know player comparisons are always weird, espescially the ones I am going to make, but hear me out: Kupp reminds me of a mix of young Larry Fitzgerald and Anquon Boldin circa '05 Cardinals.
Big hands, long arms, great routes, coach on the field, a beast after the catch, unstoppable from the slot. Anyways, I just wanted to offer a different conversation and discuss what is going right on our offense: The Super Cooper, The Coupe de Ram, the Albino Rhino (okay nobody has ever called him any of those but I'm working on the fly y'all)

dang

Legend
I said it 2 weeks ago. NFL - meet Cooper Kupp - the newest receiver #1 on an NFL team!!!

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I know player comparisons are always weird, espescially the ones I am going to make, but hear me out: Kupp reminds me of a mix of young Larry Fitzgerald and Anquon Boldin circa '05 Cardinals.
Big hands, long arms, great routes, coach on the field, a beast after the catch, unstoppable from the slot.

Cooper Kupps Goffs Balls:ROFLMAO:

I don't see either Fitzgerald or especially Boldin when I watch Kupp. Kupp reminds me of a player from the '70s and '80s on the St. Louis Cardinals named Pat Tilley. Tilley didn't have speed or size in his favor but did possess an uncanny ability to get open, make the catch and get yards. Tilley was also smaller and lighter than Kupp but played 9 full seasons averaging over 700 yards per season.
Photo of Pat Tilley

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Kupp is incredible! He is so important to our team.

In the first quarter around 6:30 left in the quarter. It's a 3rd and 5.

Kupp, from the other side of the field, is waving at Cooks to get his attention and fix his alignment.

Seconds later Kupp is catching the ball for a receiver screen and picking through the traffic.

TexasRam

Legend
The way Kupp runs his exact routes reminds me of Jerry Rice or Torry Holt without the top end speed.

The way Kupp gets open with Jukes reminds me of Edelman or Welker but Kupp uses less exaggerated, subtle jukes.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My wife and I had a few girly cider beers with the game and somehow we started laughing after the second Kupp TD about "kupping Goff balls" and we giggled way too much like simple idiots.

I'm horrified by this.

jap

Legend
Given that Cooper broke a number of Jerry Rice"s collegiate records, I remember referring to him as the 'white Jerry Rice' before his rookie season began.

fearsomefour

Legend
The surprising thing take me (probably should be) is how he shows total trust this soon in his rebuilt knee.

dang

Legend
Kupp is to the Rams what Kamara is to the Saints. A sneaky great player who doesn’t possess power but is slithery like a snake and always makes the most of what he is given. I believe Kupp will be an all Pro this year if he plays all 16 games. I loved the pick when it happened but I also loved Tavon Austin when we picked him (except for us moving up in the1st to get him).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What a lot of folks don't realize about Kupp is how big he is. He is like a TE/WR hybrid.

Nobody is gonna argue about him being elite after this season.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I think Kupp is moved up to the upper echelon of receivers in the eyes of the NFL after this season.

That will happen because Kupp will get more than 1200 yards and 12 TDs (and more TDs than OBJ and most other high media profile guys ).

It will eventually dawn on the NFL that Kupp is one of the very best receivers in the league.

And yes he reminds me too of Steve Largent.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get the Largent comparisons, but I feel like Kupp is such a monster after the catch, such a determined blocker, that's why I mentioned Boldin. And honestly his receiving skills look a lot like Fitzgerald, big target, un-coverable on 3rd down. Deceptively quick for his length, high points the ball in stride... just has a complete game and I think he is capable of being a true WR1.