Cooper Kupp is a boss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-wr-kupp-puts-up-good-showing-in-nfl-debut

WR Kupp puts up good showing in NFL debut
BY ERIC EAGER • LOS ANGELES RAMS COOPER KUPP • SEP 11, 2017
GettyImages-845386654.jpg

LOS ANGELES, CA - SEPTEMBER 10: Wide receiver Cooper Kupp #18 of the Los Angeles Rams catches a pass for a touchdown in front of free safety T.J. Green #32 of the Indianapolis Colts in the second quarter at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on September 10, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Jeff Gross/Getty Images)
  • The Los Angeles Rams were without a first-round pick in the 2017 draft, but they may have gotten some of that value back with the selections of tight end Gerald Everett (second round) and WR Cooper Kupp (third) in subsequent rounds.
  • Kupp, the rookie wide receiver from Eastern Washington, impressed in his debut, catching four of six targets for 76 yards and a touchdown. He also forced a missed tackle on his way to earning a 79.4 receiving gradeon the day. His overall grade of 75.7 would have been higher had he not committed a penalty and dropped a pass.
  • Kupp lined up all over the field against the Colts, spending 26 snaps in the slot and 16 on the outside. 52 of his 76 receiving yards came on his three targets from the slot, good for 3.71 yards per route run.
Cooper-Kupp.png

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Psst ... hey Les and Kevin ... you might want to start thinking about this guy's extension after the 2019 season ...

~lyser

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They do make plays like that......its just we finally have one like that!! lol.

In all seriousness, I do not recall seeing a rookie as polished as Kupp since...AJ Greene maybe? Lots of guys have greater physical gifts coming into the league, but it is rare as hell to see a guy look that mature right off the bat.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Kupp's Grandfather and Father both played in the NFL plus his father was a coach. He's got a great football mind and it shows.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'm sick of players that drop open passes.

*Blue font should be assumed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 missed on another prospect. Lol
Thinking he'll be a top pickup in FFB leagues
Cupp, not jrry
Haha

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And that one he dropped he was open with a nice seam, would have padded his stats for the day very nicely had he reeled that one in.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 missed on another prospect. Lol
Thinking he'll be a top pickup in FFB leagues
Cupp, not jrry
Haha

Speakin of guys @jrry32 had a boner for before the draft, TJ Watt beasted like a MFer too. Man that dude looked good in the Steelers' defense.

…..

Legend
one of the coolest moments of the entire off season was getting that comment on tape.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very unlikely he'll lead the league in receptions the way McVay spreads the ball around btw. Should be around that 60-70 reception range though which would be an oustanding total for a rook.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
As much as I'd love that Kupp can be our "Antonio Brown" like LT predicted, that's a tad bit of an over-reaction Monday

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
In all seriousness, I do not recall seeing a rookie as polished as Kupp since...AJ Greene maybe? Lots of guys have greater physical gifts coming into the league, but it is rare as hell to see a guy look that mature right off the bat.
Reminds me a little of a young Fitzgerald that way. Always knew where to be, had a great feel for angles and coverage etc. Oh, and they both caught just about everything thrown their way.