Cooper Kupp a dud this week...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Norman doesn't really shadow receivers as far as I know. He is a guy who takes a side of the field and tries to lock that side down. I did read that their new DC said that they would start shadowing guys now, but there is saying something and then there is actually doing it.

McVay should (hopefully) be able to scheme something up regardless. I like Woods on whoever they have as their 3rd corner regardless.

Prior to reading your post, my thoughts were that there must be a big dropoff between norman and the #2 CB if he has to shadow a specific WR. If that's the case, the skins will be doomed.
The Rams WR corps is too talented and deep to be stopped by simply taking 1 receiver out of the mix.

I will say that if it was me scheming the Rams, I'd focus on stopping Kupp first because he is currently the go to guy and has had a lot more time to develop chemistry w/ Goff. A couple more weeks from now, and Watkins might force a change in that strategy.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I expect Norman to, I think Watkins or Everett will have a field day while Kupp will just be moving the chains on 3rd down this game
I'm thinking Norman will have a collision with either Higbee or Everett and get Knocked-out-of-the-game!! Of course Our man won't get hurt at all!!:D

jap

Legend
Last year's honeymoon session between the Horns and the natives of the Land of LaLa was officially annulled after the firing of The Fisher King. The new wedding between Sean's regime and the Showtime! City began last weekend.

Barring injuries or any other negative shenanigans, this season should run quite a bit like 1999, hopefully with all the attendant partying included. (Note: I still haven't really developed a feel for this team yet, so I am being cautiously optimistic here.) Of course, our OL has to be positively tweaked and to eventually jell for our ground & aerial assaults to fully take off.

Whenever the opposing defense tries to take away one of our scoring threats, others will emerge. With Sammy, Robert, and Kupp demanding attention from opposing secondaries, our TEs, backup WRs & RB's will take flight and be on the receiving end of the smart bombs coming from Jared.

There will still be a defensive determination to contain the Gurley Man, especially since some will want to believe that the Golden Boy lucked out against the hapless Colts. But we know Todd only needs a few key blocks to take the rock to the house on any given play. With all the new fly guys in town, there will be times when the opposing defenses actually forget! about Tavon and allow him to run free. The questions are: will Jared's accuracy and touch find him then and will everyone wearing horns on their helmets remember to block defenders and let our little big man do his lightning jitterbug thing?

Eventually, when it becomes crystal clear that Jared is rapidly evolving (or mutating?) into the real McCoy, the opposition will have to take their chances and flood their defensive backfields with more DBs . . ., which will only serve to fully unchain the Express! Thereafter, the defensive choices will converge to 'pick your poison' scenarios as they try, mostly in vain, to control the fury of the Gurley Man & the aerial assault simultaneously. Only the very best defenses should give us a real challenge.

Again, this is an early optimistic view as we still probably need to make adjustments on the OL and the pass/run blocking of the TEs & RBs needs to improve.