Cookie Comeback

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
After all the trashing he got the last couple of weeks I haven't seen anyone giving him any credit after yesterdays game.

I thought he showed some improvement, especially the way he ran through the tackles and put the ball away on the way toward the endzone.

jjab360

Legend
I'm willing to give Cook a chance to redeem himself, but just that one play isn't going to change anyone's mind.

It's what he's known for after all, one good play, five bad games in a row.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great catch but Britt gets one of those every game it seems. Need consistency. Not to mention cooks almost block in the back on a clear Tavon td. But yes, cook was big last game

Psycho_X

Legend
I thought he looked shocked he caught it and held on after being hit. Him and everyone else in the building and at home watching.

Like said, it's a good step in the right direction. Now lets keep doing it especially against defenses that don't suck.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I wanted to point out that when he made that catch, the first thing I noticed was him putting both hands on the ball to make goddamn sure he held onto it. Good job Cook. Keep doing things like that.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I wanted to point out that when he made that catch, the first thing I noticed was him putting both hands on the ball to make goddamn sure he held onto it. Good job Cook. Keep doing things like that.

I noticed that too. Hopefully his recent fumble and drops have him thinking "BALL SECURITY!!!" as soon as he catches a pass.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Did anyone else for a split second think he was going to get stripped as he headed toward the end zone? He was running right towards me and we were all yelling "wrap it up! wrap it up!"... and he actually took good care of the football as he was getting closer to the end zone. It was a big play, as was the 2 point catch. This is what the guy is capable of, if he just focuses.

…..

Legend
Peaks and Valleys with Jared Cook.

Glad he found his way to a peak.

I'm pessimistic when it comes to our Offense. Especially Cook. The moment we depend on him, he is sure to disappoint. Nice to see him have a good game

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Did anyone else for a split second think he was going to get stripped as he headed toward the end zone? He was running right towards me and we were all yelling "wrap it up! wrap it up!"... and he actually took good care of the football as he was getting closer to the end zone. It was a big play, as was the 2 point catch. This is what the guy is capable of, if he just focuses.
So your group saved the fumble?

On TV, they showed the replay in slow motion, and it seemed he instinctively tucked the ball in right before the tackler grabbed his arm trying to force the fumble.

It was a good game for him. If he, Quick and Britt and Austin can continue to just focus on catching the ball and protecting it, I think we could have a respectable passing attack after all.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Isn't good speed for a TE one of his selling points ?? I chuckled later because it worked out but it looked like an easy score after the broken tackles...He was caught pretty easily because he looked like he was running in a swimming pool...I think I might have caught him there...It's a light-hearted observation ,so every body take it easy, OK ??

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Isn't good speed for a TE one of his selling points ?? I chuckled later because it worked out but it looked like an easy score after the broken tackles...He was caught pretty easily because he looked like he was running in a swimming pool...I think I might have caught him there...It's a light-hearted observation ,so every body take it easy, OK ??

He did look cumbersome on that run, I was sure he had that TD in the bag, but he was hugging that ball like he'd just stolen a bag of sweets! Can't be easy to run full stride when you're doing that ;)

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
He also had great block to seal the edge on TA's sweep TD. It was an odd play, that only worked because of TA speed and elusiveness. The idea is to misdirect the D, overload on the left and run right; problem is the D wasn't buying on the overload to the left. Britt out wide w/ TA in the slot motioning to the right, Hav-Grob-Reynold-Barnes at C-Brown-Kendricks-Cook w/ Foles under center and Gurley in the backfield. SF had a DB follow TA so when the ball was snapped SF had 6 defenders in pursuit on the right against Kendricks, Cook and Tavon.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Cook can be one of our best downfield weapons....with Quick, Britt, and Austin...He should be used more...I never lost faith in him...It was funny that after the Britt & Sted drops, then the Austin fumble it looked like he became a target by default on his 2 plays...I still think he's one of the best offensive weapons on the team...If we don't use him, we're HELPING the opponent defend us....It's silly to get on players for mistakes..They are ALL trying to win....I'm more upset at guys NOT doing there job....Drops are far less offensive than receivers that fail to get open...or even know the plays...fumbles happen...Very few players have elite speed & strength....If you have one, you should use it....Never understood the reasoning why you'd stop...never....
Fixed it for ya Mikey!!!(y):yess:;)

Schmitzer

UDFA
Was happy with his game. Looked good, held on to the long reception, another positive. Lined up on the outside - did you notice? Was off the line pre-snap, would have been a penalty, but corrected himself.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He also had great block to seal the edge on TA's sweep TD. It was an odd play, that only worked because of TA speed and elusiveness. The idea is to misdirect the D, overload on the left and run right; problem is the D wasn't buying on the overload to the left. Britt out wide w/ TA in the slot motioning to the right, Hav-Grob-Reynold-Barnes at C-Brown-Kendricks-Cook w/ Foles under center and Gurley in the backfield. SF had a DB follow TA so when the ball was snapped SF had 6 defenders in pursuit on the right against Kendricks, Cook and Tavon.

Yup. Jared Cook has become the blame jockey of 2015. Last year it was Schotty, this year it's him (and to a lesser extent Greg Robinson). I see that play, and I see Jared sustaining that block. I see him fist pumping at the TD. I think he does care. But the guy is what he was in Tennessee and his last 2 years here. Nothing has changed in that regard.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Yup. Jared Cook has become the blame jockey of 2015. Last year it was Schotty, this year it's him (and to a lesser extent Greg Robinson). I see that play, and I see Jared sustaining that block. I see him fist pumping at the TD. I think he does care. But the guy is what he was in Tennessee and his last 2 years here. Nothing has changed in that regard.
I agree with most of this. Blame jockey for sure, based on the way our offense has played everyone except Gurley has been under fire. Cook has had a rough season so far and it's easy to peg him as the fall guy because his mistakes have been costly and there has been quite a few. But the guy does care. I don't get how some people can say he doesn't or that he's checked out or even that he's a locker room cancer. I don't know who Cook was in Tenn., but he's been inconsistent here, much like the rest of our offense.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I came away with the same impression... he looked very slow to me (for a TE that is considered kinda speedy).

Maybe hugging that ball like it was his first born slowed things down.

Glad he made the catch and held onto it... let's see what he does this week.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
One good play does not equal a reprieve from a horrible season overall. That block on the long Austin touchdown could've easily been called an illegal block in the back (which I'm shocked that Booger's crew didn't throw a flag for, given how flag-happy they were). He is what he is, and hopefully this enhances his trade value, but he is what he is at this point, and we can do better.