Conner Cook will work out for Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamGod

UDFA
I recently saw a Mock on Draftek.com that had us going 15. Treadwell, 43. Cook, and 45. Nick Martin. I would not be disappointed with this and maybe picking up a Sterling Shepard in the third( depending on Stedmans status) and going D the rest of the way. Being a Spartan fan, I've seen every game Cooks started which means I've seen his best and worst. His best games are when his running game is on a roll, he has complete confidence in his wideouts and will throw to his playmakers. Foles biggest issue (besides accuracy) was not pulling the trigger on more riskier throws, Cook does not have this problem from my observations. The biggest issue with Cook is that these riskier throws become more predictable when his running game is sub par and the D is able to play with more Nickel and 7 man boxes. His style fits our Run first, Run Second mentality but if we don't get him playmakers on the outside to throw too it could easily become a disaster. With a true playmaker at WR/TE this could be a good marriage for Snisher and their offensive philosophy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the fact that Cook is my least favorite QB in this draft makes him the obvious choice to be drafted by the Rams.
Because I'm that important

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What is wrong with this picture? Has it really gotten this bad that we as a fanbase are willing to use a first rounder for a game manager? I mean really? We are better than this, I much rather use that first or second round pick that they would use on Cook and draft a playmaker instead and go with Mannion. Cook isnt any better than what we already have, shouldnt draft a qb just to draft one. If you are going to get a qb go get a game changer.
Joe Flacco came out of Delaware as a game manager and he still is. And he was well worth his 15th overall selection

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like right now there is a significant gap in value perception from Wentz/Goff and Lynch and then a significant gap between Lynch and Cook. Right now it sounds like Lynch will probably will be available at 15. I wonder if we could trade down a bit in the 1st round and still land Lynch?
Thing about lynch is will he be able to play this year or even next

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I recently saw a Mock on Draftek.com that had us going 15. Treadwell, 43. Cook, and 45. Nick Martin. I would not be disappointed with this and maybe picking up a Sterling Shepard in the third( depending on Stedmans status) and going D the rest of the way. Being a Spartan fan, I've seen every game Cooks started which means I've seen his best and worst. His best games are when his running game is on a roll, he has complete confidence in his wideouts and will throw to his playmakers. Foles biggest issue (besides accuracy) was not pulling the trigger on more riskier throws, Cook does not have this problem from my observations. The biggest issue with Cook is that these riskier throws become more predictable when his running game is sub par and the D is able to play with more Nickel and 7 man boxes. His style fits our Run first, Run Second mentality but if we don't get him playmakers on the outside to throw too it could easily become a disaster. With a true playmaker at WR/TE this could be a good marriage for Snisher and their offensive philosophy.
He seems like the perfect fit IMO

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't the Rams draft a very similar, from a pro style offense, with a stronger arm QB last year?
#Treadingwater
I dunno much about mannion but if the patriots can take a qb in the second round behind Tom Brady then I see no reason why the Rams can't add cook to compete with mannion lol

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure they haven't given up on Mannion, but every year has to be taken differently.

Fisher expected to win more than 7 games last year. He expected to get more out of Nick Foles. He likely thought that with the roster around Foles, we would enjoy two seasons of success as a franchise.

Foles is where everything went wrong last year. Well, him and the WRs.

So what changed? That we need a QB for THIS year. But you're also unsure about Mannion...although you probably have a better idea now that you've had him for a year.

So the QB position is an unknown, and the WR position is terrible. Since those positions are so intertwined, what do you do? Upgrade both.

We wouldn't be "giving up" on Mannion by drafting a QB. It's just that our QBs didn't work out like Fisher thought they would, so we need to do something about that. Also need WR help. And a TE.

let's get all that. And you can never have enough good QBs.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Cook is a loser and will be a bust in the nfl! Stay far far away from him

Winningest QB in Michigan State History with a 34-5 Record, 2 time big ten championship MVP, big bowl game wins against top programs like Stanford and Baylor. If you want to criticize his accuracy because he never completed more than 60% of his passes in a season that's a fair criticism, but to call a guy who won as much he did a looser is not completely inaccurate.

What is wrong with this picture? Has it really gotten this bad that we as a fanbase are willing to use a first rounder for a game manager? I mean really? We are better than this, I much rather use that first or second round pick that they would use on Cook and draft a playmaker instead and go with Mannion. Cook isnt any better than what we already have, shouldnt draft a qb just to draft one. If you are going to get a qb go get a game changer.

I dont think people are calling for Cook at 15, 43 is a nice spot for him if he is there, but he could go a bit earlier. I am not the biggest Cook fan, but If you think Cook is a game manger you haven't seen him enough. He consistently challenges the defense deep and guns throws into tight windows. He is far from a Dink and dunk game manager, moreover you could argue he is too risky at times. Excluding a trade up the Rams aren't getting a game changer at QB, so in that sense it makes sense to go after a guy who was big time winner in college, has alot of experience, and arguably the most pro ready QB in this draft.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we end up with Cook, I'll be okay with it. Especially if it's in the 2nd round.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Watching nfl live and they are saying that he'll be working out for us next week. He's going through the drills and I'm still higher on him than Lynch. I'm hoping the Rams take treadwell at 15, trade up for Cook with the two seconds, and taking leonte carroo in the 3rd.
Under this scenario, I'm not sure the pick shouldn't be WR - Kolby Listenbee - TCU, instead of Carro. Listenbee is about as big, 6 ft / 197 /4.35 in the 40 Way faster than Carro!, A vert. that matches Carro's ( 35.5) A great Broad jump, 10 ft 9 inchs. And the 2nd highest SPARQ score of any WR, 122.7. JMHO

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I think they are hoping second round

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Under this scenario, I'm not sure the pick shouldn't be WR - Kolby Listenbee - TCU, instead of Carro. Listenbee is about as big, 6 ft / 197 /4.35 in the 40 Way faster than Carro!, A vert. that matches Carro's ( 35.5) A great Broad jump, 10 ft 9 inchs. And the 2nd highest SPARQ score of any WR, 122.7. JMHO
I'm just a big fan of carroo is all lol. Complete receiver to me

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Cook at 43 or 46 would be perfect.....He'd be the best QB on the roster the day we draft him....