Conner Cook will work out for Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watching nfl live and they are saying that he'll be working out for us next week. He's going through the drills and I'm still higher on him than Lynch. I'm hoping the Rams take treadwell at 15, trade up for Cook with the two seconds, and taking leonte carroo in the 3rd.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Just don't think Cook is the answer and I sure hell don't want to trade two seconds for him to move back into the 1st round. If the Rams are going to land Connor Cook I believe they can stay at 43 to get him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would not look in the direction of Conner Cook until the third day 4th round. Even then I would have to think real hard & right now I would prefer to go in the direction of Center Evan Boehm instead. Let some other team make that big mistake.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just don't think Cook is the answer and I sure hell don't want to trade two seconds for him to move back into the 1st round. If the Rams are going to land Connor Cook I believe they can stay at 43 to get him.
I understand that I'm much higher on cook than others. I'm in favor of making him the game manager that fisher seems to want.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would not look in the direction of Conner Cook until the third day 4th round. Even then I would have to think real hard & right now I would prefer to go in the direction of Center Evan Boehm instead. Let some other team make that big mistake.
4th round is a little steep to me. He's usually seen as the 4th qb of the bunch. Time will tell but if the Rams want a qb that can start right away cook might be their best shot.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm fine with taking him in the 2nd. I'd be a bit unhappy with him in the 1st with a trade down. I don't love his chances of becoming a franchise QB but he's got a chance and I think it's worth taking by the 2nd round.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Watching nfl live and they are saying that he'll be working out for us next week. He's going through the drills and I'm still higher on him than Lynch. I'm hoping the Rams take treadwell at 15, trade up for Cook with the two seconds, and taking leonte carroo in the 3rd.

^ ah yes!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm fine with taking him in the 2nd. I'd be a bit unhappy with him in the 1st with a trade down. I don't love his chances of becoming a franchise QB but he's got a chance and I think it's worth taking by the 2nd round.
I think the only problem is one that the Rams have had in many drafts, they may be justtttt out of range in the second. Our first picks in the second is 45 right? I suspect he'd be gone

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's the sports book?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I understand that I'm much higher on cook than others. I'm in favor of making him the game manager that fisher seems to want.

I understand that, but I would rather coach to win then coach not to lose, but it can work like last year with the Broncos and with the Ravens many years ago, but I would rather have a QB that can not only manage the game, but go out and win the damn game too....And again, that's just me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay, where is he going?
In the 25-35 range at worst. Always happens with that next QB in the draft. As for landing Cook I have a feeling if they do we'll be drafting another QB in two years because we've seen that he's not the answer. Especially if Fisher isn't the coach then.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In the 25-35 range at worst. Always happens with that next QB in the draft. As for landing Cook I have a feeling if they do we'll be drafting another QB in two years because we've seen that he's not the answer. Especially if Fisher isn't the coach then.

Only way this happens is if he jumps Lynch. I don't see more than 3 going in the first round and would be shocked if he goes early first, however, that's why I would rather worst case scenario stay where they are and take Lynch at 15. No reason to trade up unless they are going for Wentz or Goff IMHO.

Ram Pat

Rookie
Cook 50mph velocity at combine, watch the tape. I know he was a starter and winner, but windows in NFL are very small. Picture safeties walking up.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only way this happens is if he jumps Lynch. I don't see more than 3 going in the first round and would be shocked if he goes early first, however, that's why I would rather worst case scenario stay where they are and take Lynch at 15. No reason to trade up unless they are going for Wentz or Goff IMHO.
I'm not saying he should go that area or that I would draft him in that range. But we see it every year. Somebody having missed out on one of the top 2 or 3 QB's will trade up or draft with their normal pick that next QB on the list. It could even be Hackenberg instead of Cook but somebody is likely to take one in the 2nd round that everybody wonders why they took him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Okay, where is he going?
Honestly think he goes to Denver if he's still there. I estimate there to be 8 teams who could conceivably take a QB in this draft, and 4 of them in the first round isn't out of the realm of possibility. Not saying he'd be worth it, but that's just the way I see it.