Comeback for Kurt Warner?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Imagine if Kurt could lead Arizona to a SB title after getting there once. Coming off the couch to win a title. It would not matter if they won 12-9 and he handed off 45 times. He would never pay for another drink or meal in Arizona again.
Heck they'd probably name another cereal after him ,maybe a candy bar.
It would be a great story and I'd love it ,like Fisher said if not us then a division team is who I want to go to the SB and win it unless it's the Broncos they play.
I'd be fine if the Cards won it this year us next 4 years then back to Seattle and then US for 4 more then AZ, our players aught to get a break once in a while so they can show off their rings during the game and actually watch one live.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I remember when Deion Sanders tried a comeback with the Ravens. All it really did was disappoint and push his Hall of Fame entry date farther away.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Kurt Warner admits he considered returning to Cardinals
Posted by Mike Florio on December 14, 2014, 9:28 AM EST
warner1.jpg
Getty Images
With Carson Palmer done for the year and Drew Stanton’s current MCL/ACL injuries leaving his availability far less likely than “day-to-day,” the question of Ryan Lindley versus Logan Thomasnearly had another answer: Kurt Warner.

On NFL Network, Warner admitted that he considered coming out of retirement after Stanton suffered a knee injury on Thursday night. Warner said that he quickly dismissed the idea of coming back, realizing he’s five years older and slower than he was during a 2009 playoff run that started with a game for the ages against the Cardinals and ended with a game against the Saints that may have aged Warner five years in just a couple of hours.

Still, it was hardly a passing thought for the undrafted free agent who bagged groceries and played Arena Football before a torn ACL suffered by Trent Green opened the door for an out-of-nowhere rise to stardom.

“It amazed me I thought about it as much as I actually thought about it,” Warner said.

Though he says he won’t be back, don’t be shocked if Warner starts working out a little harder and/or if he discreetly receives a copy of the Cardinals’ playbook and game film. If Lindley goes down next Sunday night against the Seahawks, thoughts of a short-term comeback could return for Warner, who’d have a no-lose opportunity to attach the unlikeliest of epilogues to one of the best stories in pro football history.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kurt Warner admits he considered returning to Cardinals
Posted by Mike Florio on December 14, 2014, 9:28 AM EST
warner1.jpg
Getty Images
With Carson Palmer done for the year and Drew Stanton’s current MCL/ACL injuries leaving his availability far less likely than “day-to-day,” the question of Ryan Lindley versus Logan Thomasnearly had another answer: Kurt Warner.

On NFL Network, Warner admitted that he considered coming out of retirement after Stanton suffered a knee injury on Thursday night. Warner said that he quickly dismissed the idea of coming back, realizing he’s five years older and slower than he was during a 2009 playoff run that started with a game for the ages against the Cardinals and ended with a game against the Saints that may have aged Warner five years in just a couple of hours.

Still, it was hardly a passing thought for the undrafted free agent who bagged groceries and played Arena Football before a torn ACL suffered by Trent Green opened the door for an out-of-nowhere rise to stardom.

“It amazed me I thought about it as much as I actually thought about it,” Warner said.

Though he says he won’t be back, don’t be shocked if Warner starts working out a little harder and/or if he discreetly receives a copy of the Cardinals’ playbook and game film. If Lindley goes down next Sunday night against the Seahawks, thoughts of a short-term comeback could return for Warner, who’d have a no-lose opportunity to attach the unlikeliest of epilogues to one of the best stories in pro football history.
I wouldn't do it if I was him, even though I'd also be entertaining the notion. It could end very, very badly for him and even slightly tarnish an otherwise magnificent story. I know the inverse is true, and he could even *add* to his legacy, but the risk is probably a little greater than the reward right now. I wouldn't want to see him laying on the ground unconscious and have THAT be the last thing he did in his stellar career.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wouldn't do it if I was him, even though I'd also be entertaining the notion. It could end very, very badly for him and even slightly tarnish an otherwise magnificent story. I know the inverse is true, and he could even *add* to his legacy, but the risk is probably a little greater than the reward right now. I wouldn't want to see him laying on the ground unconscious and have THAT be the last thing he did in his stellar career.

Yeah, but imagine if it's just 3 games. You'd think he could survive that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And this is why I think Brenda is in his ear about it.
I've read before that covering your neck means you're in fear of your life and protecting your jugular - like a primitive instinct. She's clearly afraid right there.

BiOQchT.jpg

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Kurt takes the job, wins the SB, I have to see Arians jowls flap on my TV for 4 months, then the Rams move to L.A.

After the last decade it sounds about right.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yaknow what's so strange about this situation.

Right now you can easily make a case that he is better than the options his two former teams have.

SMH.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
And this is why I think Brenda is in his ear about it.
I've read before that covering your neck means you're in fear of your life and protecting your jugular - like a primitive instinct. She's clearly afraid right there.

BiOQchT.jpg
After the head injury her son suffered, it made it even more difficult to watch.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This would make me sick.
For multiple reasons. I want the Cards to crash and burn in hideous and gory fashion right now.
No hope. I want absolutely no hope on their horizon.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
For multiple reasons. I want the Cards to crash and burn in hideous and gory fashion right now.
No hope. I want absolutely no hope on their horizon.
After Thursday.... I can feel the hate flowing through my body. Growing stronger.
th
Lose to Seattle...lose to SF....then get curbstomped in the playoffs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I would hate it if he got hurt but I would love to see this. Wonder how good he'd be? But if Kurt still has solid play in him, Cards would become a legitimate Super Bowl contender with him.

That story would fit so well with his career. Five years out of football, comes out of retirement due to injuries and leads the Cardinals to the Super Bowl. Who couldn't root for that!

And this is coming from a guy that thinks Arians is a giant tool.
I agree. It may kill me watching it happen but if he was able to play even close to his former self and take the Tards (used for PT's benefit) to the Superbowl and even win it, how secure do you think that HOF jacket becomes. Yeah - he'd have to wait but think of the completely unheard of story that would create.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
All you guys thinking it'd be cool for K.Warner to rejoin Bruce Arians' AZ Cardinals to win a super bowl need your fucking heads examined....and your nuts removed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All you guys thinking it'd be cool for K.Warner to rejoin Bruce Arians' AZ Cardinals to win a super bowl need your freaking heads examined....and your nuts removed.

I love Kurt Warner. I could deal with Arians getting a ring if it meant Kurt got another and the story of it all...especially with how it would shut up all the box score humpers that claim Warner doesn't deserve to make the HOF.