Comeback for Kurt Warner?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
All you guys thinking it'd be cool for K.Warner to rejoin Bruce Arians' AZ Cardinals to win a super bowl need your freaking heads examined....and your nuts removed.
I couldn't give fuck one about Arians. But I'd like to see Kurt add to his resume.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I couldn't give freak one about Arians. But I'd like to see Kurt add to his resume.

Maybe it's just me, but I think he has nothing to prove, nothing to gain (except another feather in his cap...He already has plenty) and EVERYTHING (his ability to walk around, his ability to recognize his wife and children, the ability to control his drooling all over himself, etc.) to lose...I would be the most surprised guy on Earth if he really gave this serious consideration...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Maybe it's just me, but I think he has nothing to prove, nothing to gain (except another feather in his cap...He already has plenty) and EVERYTHING (his ability to walk around, his ability to recognize his wife and children, the ability to control his drooling all over himself, etc.) to lose...I would be the most surprised guy on Earth if he really gave this serious consideration...

I'd be surprised as well and I agree that the potential for injury outweighs the desire to play for me as someone who never lived the life of an elite NFL QB. It's no doubt a tougher decision for Kurt. And yes - I also agree that he has done enough and should go into the HOF.

I'm just commenting on the storyline. As a fan it would be cool to see. As his family, I would likely be scared to death at the idea. In the end, I think reality will intervene. The guy hasn't played in 5 years, the AZ O-line has already allowed two QBs to be injured (obviously not all their fault), Arians is a fucking dick, Kurt's wife wanted him to retire while he was younger and still in playing shape, and Arians in reality doesn't give two shits about Kurt. Oh yeah - and Arians is a fucking dick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kurt Warner Slams Door On NFL Comeback Rumors, Says He’s Too Old To Play

http://www.inquisitr.com/1679827/ku...nfl-comeback-rumors-says-hes-too-old-to-play/

Kurt-Warner-Comeback2-665x385.jpg

Kurt Warner decided he was just too old to make any attempt at a comeback.

Sentiment was rising among Arizona Cardinals fans, and even some players, for the 43-year-old Warner to return and solve a quarterback dilemma for the team he once led to the Super Bowl.

The Cardinals had already suffered the loss of starter Carson Palmer earlier this year when they had yet another quarterback go down. In Thursday night’s win over the St. Louis Rams, backup Drew Stanton left with a knee injury, leaving the team with third-stringer Ryan Lindley.

During the game, Kurt Warner joked on Twitter that he would put on his jersey and cleats and make a return if the team needed him, but in the days after that, the jokes led to rumors that Warner could indeed be thinking about a comeback.

On Sunday, he put those rumors to rest, saying that he was just too old to come back.

“I tell you what. It’s funny. I’ve actually thought about it,” Warner said on the NFL Network’s GameDay Morning. “Because you guys, we talked about it at the game, is how bad I felt for the Arizona Cardinals and if they lost their quarterback again, that I actually contemplated.”

He added, “But in the green room, I kept coming back to the fact that the last time I played I was already old and slow and now I’m just older and slower and how crazy and stupid that would be to even consider that I could actually.”

Warner said he was actually approached by Cardinals coach Bruce Arians, but that both realized the comeback wouldn’t really work.

“As fun as it sounds and as neat of a story as it could be, yeah,” Warner said on KTAR FMduring the week. “I have to be the one that understands really what this would entail and to be realistic that there’s no way I can do it.”

Deciding to stay retired could actually help Kurt Warner in one way. Though a comeback would have made a feel-good story, but staying retired he will be eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame two years earlier, and is almost assured to get in on the first try.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
, and is almost assured to get in on the first try.
Wonder if this is accurate. I hope so but to listen to some of these guys rationalizing away his accomplishments, you have to wonder.

I mean the dude took ARIZONA to the Superbowl. Nuff said. And fuck you Arians.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wonder if this is accurate. I hope so but to listen to some of these guys rationalizing away his accomplishments, you have to wonder.

I mean the dude took ARIZONA to the Superbowl. Nuff said. And freak you Arians.
I can't imagine that he wouldn't make it first try. People visit the hall for stories as much as they do to look at stats. His story is unparalleled.