Colts owner: "Andrew Luck most likely won’t open up against the Rams"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
It's a beautiful thing to have a coach that makes you feel like we won't be unprepared for games we should win. With Fisher if we were favored to win it was like he was like meh, we got this in the bag. If we were the underdog and not suppose even have a chance, Fisher would find a way to win. If he had the team prepared for the games we should win like he did for the games we didn't stand a chance in, we'd probably have made the playoffs. Instead we had the "country club" atmosphere, I do not see McVay taking any team/game for granted.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I too, would rather win with the Colts at full strength. If the Rams are to be good, we shouldn't need to beat the Colts without Luck, or even the Cowboys without Elliott. I'd love the chance to sack the crap out of Luck, and bottle up Elliott.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/25/colts-season-may-be-lost-before-it-even-begins/

Colts’ season may be lost before it even begins
Posted by Mike Florio on August 25, 2017

ap_172256778917501-e1503677913175.jpg

AP

Not long ago, the AFC South seemed to be one of the most wide-open divisions in football, with each team capable of winning the crown — and each team capable of landing in the basement. Now, like the kids who squandered their chance to inherit Willie Wonka’s candy empire, some of the candidates already are sliding out of contention.

A week ago, the Jaguars became the Augustus of the AFC South, once it became clear that quarterback Blake Bortles‘ performance would continue to resemble something the same color as the river into which Gloop fell. The Colts now seem to be the next ones to go, thanks directly to the lingering absence of quarterback Andrew Luck.

If, as it seems, Luck will miss one (or two or three or more) regular-season games, a team led by Scott Tolzien already may pile up more losses than it can afford to have, especially since the Colts won’t instantly start winning games once Luck returns.

As Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com pointed out on PFT Live (and in his most recent column), the 2008 Colts went through a similar challenge, with Peyton Manning missing most of training camp due to a knee problem and spending seven games catching up. He eventually did, but Manning had a throng of talented players around him. Luck doesn’t.

Coach Chuck Pagano knows it, and he knows he’ll potentially be paying for the deficiencies on the roster with his job. As Kravitz points out, Pagano has called his offense “pitiful,” accused his young players of failing to properly prepare for camp, and openly pleaded for more “grown men” in the locker room.

It’s only going to get worse once the games that count begin, especially with a career journeyman at the helm until Luck can begin the process of trying to play catch up.

In the end, what they’ll have plenty of is losses. And they’ll be fighting with the Jaguars for the basement of the AFC South, as the Texans and Titans battle for the division title.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If, as it seems, Luck will miss one (or two or three or more) regular-season games, a team led by Scott Tolzien already may pile up more losses than it can afford to have, especially since the Colts won’t instantly start winning games once Luck returns.

As Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com pointed out on PFT Live (and in his most recent column), the 2008 Colts went through a similar challenge, with Peyton Manning missing most of training camp due to a knee problem and spending seven games catching up. He eventually did, but Manning had a throng of talented players around him. Luck doesn’t.

Coach Chuck Pagano knows it, and he knows he’ll potentially be paying for the deficiencies on the roster with his job. As Kravitz points out, Pagano has called his offense “pitiful,” accused his young players of failing to properly prepare for camp, and openly pleaded for more “grown men” in the locker room.
Looks like they'll be getting a new coach with that first round OT from Notre Dame

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I don't care who shows up for the Colts. Just get a win. 1 pt - 50 pts....doesn't matter (yeah..... I might have some lack of hair problems later..... if it's the former....) But get a win. I don't care about who it will or will not impress.....just win.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care who shows up for the Colts. Just get a win. 1 pt - 50 pts....doesn't matter (yeah..... I might have some lack of hair problems later..... if it's the former....) But get a win. I don't care about who it will or will not impress.....just win.

Yes, just win baby..(STFU Raiders, we stole your saying!)....As for the media, we will not get respect from them if we win with Luck in the game or out....Let's just win 6 in a row and let them lose their shyte on air when the Rams game comes up, week after week...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Owner Jim Irsay said, via CBS4 in Indianapolis: "I can't say that Luck will be ready for the [regular-season opening] Rams game but he will be ready for the start of the season. He is throwing."
Is Irsay hitting the sauce again!? The Rams game IS the beginning of the Season!:rolleyes:o_O

…..

Legend
The Colts are coming to LA to face a Ram team that is hungry for success, eager to score points, and seemingly enjoying an off season program that is bringing the team together in a way we havent seen in years. The upcoming show is going to ignite the rabid fan base and make matters even worse.

I think they gave up 6 sacks last week too. They are so FUCKED in week 1

Pagano will be fishing with the Stache by the end of October.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If memory serves, we kicked living shyte out of Luck the last time we played the Colts...Although, PTSD may prevent the memory of a more recent @ss-kicking of the Rams by the Colts....:redcard:
I just looked it up for you LoyalRam!
Our Last regular Season meeting with the Colts:
* Nov.10th 2013 { The Marine Corps Birthday!!}
* Rams Won 38-8!!
* Luck Passed for a TD, 2 point conversion, END of scoring for them!!
* Luck was Scaked 3 Times!!
* Luck thru 3 Ints.!!!
This is probably what will happen to him this time around too!!(y):yess::mrburnsevil:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
As I said in another thread on this topic a while back, I don't give a flying fornication if we end up beating the Colts at less than full strength. Nobody was lamenting beating the Rams these past few years with such luminaries as Kellen Clemens, Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, Case Keenum, and Nick Foles under center. Why should I give a crap if another team is not at full strength, or is missing their main guy at the most important position?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Man, just saw an over reaction monday segment on nfl live.

The question was - the colts will win week 1 even without luck playing?

Ryan Clark said over reaction - colts can't win without luck even though they're playing the rams.

Baldy hassellback the back up qb - agreed with everything Clark said until he said the rams. They all laughed. Said the clear issues goff still has during the pre-season (wtf?), the colts will win week 1 with their back up.

Dan the insider said over reaction - kinda sorta likes the rams, thinks they will be competitive. Goes through all the positives that happened in the off-season. Thinks they will win playing the back up qb. All the other clowns laugh at him.

What is it about the bald headed twins that makes me want to punch them in the face every time they talk?

Man i hope the rams shut all these fuckers up in a hurry.

These stupid bastids act like nothing has changed since Fisher walked out the door. They give no specifics about why Goff sucks after all of the changes, because they can't. It's almost been a 100 % positive, even when they misinterpret why Goff was testing what he could do in practice, resulting in a few INT's. You have to try things to see what works, but of course, that's too nuanced for their bullshyte takes. It's easier to be lazy and laugh with each other about how the Rams suck than to actually "see" with their eyes what has happened since McVay and Son of Bum changed the culture.

McVay really needs to be the anti-Fisher in this game. Fisher only seemed to get the Rams ready to play divisional opponents and lose to teams the rams should beat. No matter what the oddsmakers say, we should win this game at the Coliseum. Get 'em ready, McVay.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
man oh man, like to hang with Irsay for a day:mrburnsevil:

train

train..........your liver would prefer you stay away LOL.

What is it about the bald headed twins that makes me want to punch them in the face every time they talk?

It's really easy to dislike them, they are annoying. Even their voices.

especially since the Colts won’t instantly start winning games once Luck returns.

The Colts have been feasting on the weakest division in recent memory, worse that the NFCW used to be. It's not that way anymore. Houston and Tenny can beat them twice each. Luck may be out of Luck this year. I've never been that big of a fan of his anyway. Outside of his division he's been pretty average. Now he has to face teams in his division that are better than they were except for JAX. Those bastids can't find a QB as badly as the Browns.

I don't care who shows up for the Colts. Just get a win. 1 pt - 50 pts....doesn't matter

I agree. A win to start the new era is a VERY big deal.

STFU Raiders, we stole your saying!

It's the smartest thing Al Davis ever said.

didjamarcusgotoalsfuneral?

I just looked it up for you LoyalRam!
Our Last regular Season meeting with the Colts:
* Nov.10th 2013 { The Marine Corps Birthday!!}
* Rams Won 38-8!!
* Luck Passed for a TD, 2 point conversion, END of scoring for them!!
* Luck was Scaked 3 Times!!
* Luck thru 3 Ints.!!!
This is probably what will happen to him this time around too!!(y):yess::mrburnsevil:

Wasn't that the game where Quinn destroyed the Colts and the video of CP saying "I thought we weren't going to let him ruin everything" or something like that went viral?

It's easier to be lazy and laugh with each other about how the Rams suck than to actually "see" with their eyes what has happened since McVay and Son of Bum changed the culture.

It's sad to see modern day sports journalism isn't it..........there are so few true pros left.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wasn't that the game where Quinn destroyed the Colts and the video of CP saying "I thought we weren't going to let him ruin everything" or something like that went viral?
I'm not sure about this quote ^^ But it was the game where Quinn had two sacks and a Forced-Fumble and Chris Long had 1 Sack and a Fumble Recovery he ran back for 45 yards and a TD!!(y);):D:yess:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not sure about this quote ^^ But it was the game where Quinn had two sacks and a Forced-Fumble and Chris Long had 1 Sack and a Fumble Recovery he ran back for 45 yards and a TD!!(y);):D:yess:

My gift to you LOL.

Go to :50 and then to 2:20 or just watch the entire clip it's fun.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Insider: Time is running out for Andrew Luck, Colts
INDIANAPOLIS – The clock’s been ticking for more than seven months.

More than seven months of waiting and hoping and wishing.

It’s been more than seven months since Andrew Luck underwent shoulder surgery. The Indianapolis Colts have committed to activating their Pro Bowl quarterback from the physically unable to perform list
before regular-season rosters are due on Sept. 2.

But here we are. All these days and weeks and months have passed, and it’s brought us to this:

The Colts are running out of time.

No one has ruled Luck out for the Colts’ Sept. 10 season opener in Los Angeles against the Los Angeles Rams, but this is a needed dose of reality given the facts as we know them.

Among those facts: Coach Chuck Pagano, pressed Tuesday for answers about his finest player, said there is no target date for Luck’s return to practice.
“There’s no timeline,” he said.

And, speaking of practice, the Colts only have so many left before they jet off to Los Angeles for that season opener at the Coliseum.

If Luck doesn’t practice by the end of this week – and there’s certainly no indication he will – the Colts will be down to just a handful of workouts before their opener. Because next week’s preseason finale will be a midweek game (Thursday, Aug. 31), the Colts likely will have just two light practices on Monday and Tuesday (Wednesday, Aug. 30 would likely be limited to a walkthrough).

If Pagano’s past habits hold, the Colts then would have a three-day weekend heading into Week 1. Taking into account players’ one mandated day off during that week, the Colts would be down to roughly six more practices after this week.

Among the questions posed to Pagano on Tuesday was how many practices Luck would need before returning to game action. Remember, he’s been out for seven months.

Seven.

“We’re not going to know until we get him out here,” Pagano said. “When the doctors say he’s ready and he’s 100 percent and he can start practicing, then we’ll have that answer.”

It’s a reasonable answer considering Luck hasn’t played in a football game or even taken a practice snap since December. Determining his viability to return to action with minimal practice time is next to impossible, though we do know Luck is throwing the football in workouts with trainers and equipment staff.

As the questions increased, Pagano’s frustration began to show. He didn’t demonstrate it by being rude but, rather, with humor.

“Control the controllables,” he said, repeating one of his many well-worn clichés. “You needed one of those. It’s been awhile.”

Then Pagano grinned at the assembled media and cracked, “You guys worry too much.”

It sounded like sarcasm, and it probably was to some extent.

But, for Pagano, these are also defense mechanisms. He doesn’t have answers to these critical questions about the availability of his starting quarterback, the cornerstone of the franchise. He deflects the questions with attempts at humor.

If it’s any wonder why these questions are so pressing, consider the Colts’ offensive production with and without Luck.

Since Luck’s rookie season in 2012, the Colts have averaged 25.2 points and 369 yards in games in which he plays. Without Luck in the lineup, the Colts have tallied 18.3 points and 291.8 yards.

The current situation makes it all the more likely the Colts will start Scott Tolzien in Los Angeles. Though Stephen Morris is no longer buried behind rookie Phillip Walker in practice, he is so far behind in terms of preparation after taking minimal reps in recent weeks that he might be unable to make up enough ground.

And there are other questions to which Pagano appears to lack answers beyond those about his quarterback.

Like, say, who will comprise his starting offensive line? More than a year after the Colts spent four draft picks on offensive linemen in the 2016 draft, they’re suddenly looking for a mainstay at right tackle after – apparently – having their confidence in Le’Raven Clark shaken. Clark was replaced by Jeremy Vujnovich in the starting lineup Saturday night in Dallas. Now, another candidate has entered the picture, with rookie Zach Banner earning some of the first-team snaps at the position on Tuesday.

“There’s a lot of good competition for that spot right now,” Pagano said.

Clark said he’ll keep fighting and might well remain the starter. But the Colts would much prefer to not be dealing with this so close to the start of the regular season.

Elsewhere on the line, center Ryan Kelly is out for the foreseeable future after foot surgery, and left tackle Anthony Castonzo hardly looks to be in midseason form despite Pagano’s assertions. Pagano said on Tuesday that his most veteran offensive lineman, Castonzo, “is playing extremely well right now. He’s in a good place.” Film from the team’s preseason games suggests otherwise.

So, yes, there are plenty of questions for Pagano and his staff to sort out. But all of the questions pale in comparison to the ones pertaining to his starting quarterback.

The clock’s ticking. And, for the Colts and Luck, time is running out.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/08/22/insider-time-running-out-andrew-luck-colts/583759001/

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Since Luck’s rookie season in 2012, the Colts have averaged 25.2 points and 369 yards in games in which he plays. Without Luck in the lineup, the Colts have tallied 18.3 points and 291.8 yards.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So without luck the colts have averaged more points per game than the rams ever have with spags and Fisher?