Coffee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am a coffee freak. I love it.

I have an insanely overpriced espresso maker at home and can absolutely smoke any coffee house with my perfectly crafted shots.

Espresso - check! Americano - check! Cappuccino - check!

Flavoured, straight, single, or double... I got you covered.

At work, I have to "settle" for Kuerig made coffee which actually doesn't do a bad job despite the coffee snobs frowning on the brew process.

Who else is a coffee lover? How many cups do you have a day?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My coffee is a daily 32oz Yeti Rambler glass of Indian River fresh squeezed grapefruit juice with 9 ice cubes. So you can see I'm very particular too. lol

My wife is the coffee drinker. She uses a Bosch coffee maker that uses the Tassimo brand coffee. It makes one cup at a time like a Kuerig... but it is superior to the Kuerig according to my wife. The coffee is more expensive and harder to find apparently.

She has a Kuerig at her salon for her clients. LOL

I'm just learning about all of this thanks to your thread here. Ha.

She's pretty serious about her coffee... but she only drinks one cup per day.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
My wife has a Keurig , not sure which one though

She is the only coffee drinker in our house , I don't drink coffee , I couldn't tell a good cup of coffee from a bad cup

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've heard these machines do pretty well;

https://www.nespresso.com/ca/en/pag...Aen_LOC_Feb15_regular_home.page_451x542_large

Of course the capsules will add up and the frothing is a second appliance.

The wife just finished explaining to me all about the machine you have at home. She has a few girlfriends who also have those high $ things and won't really enjoy coffee from anything else. Fascinating.

I know how it is though. I'm very particular about my drinks too.

If you want to take your coffee to the next level... get yourself one of the Yeti cups I mentioned. They have a smaller size for coffee. It will keep your coffee BLAZING hot FOREVER. Works with hot or cold. I can make a cocktail with ice... take it outside in the Florida summer heat all day on the boat... and I'll still have almost full ice at midnight. Plus... they have a very cool lid so you won't spill anything in the car etc. Best invention EVER for professional drinkers.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I prefer using a french press. Makes excellent coffee. The down fall is keeping it piping hot, which is how I like it.
I also have a Cuisinart that makes very good coffee for a drip machine. I can slow the brew times on it for more flavor. I was quite surprised how well it works. I use this most of the time.
The kureag is ok. Definately my least favorite of the 3. I let the wife take it to work for herself and her clients. It's great for a quick fresh cup. It's certainly better than burnt coffee that's been sitting around for a few hours.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
:coffee:

Starbucks Komodo Dragon Blend Super dark roast.

only hard core coffee drinkers may attempt.....:seizure:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
IFDH17.jpg

Every damn day.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
The wife just finished explaining to me all about the machine you have at home. She has a few girlfriends who also have those high $ things and won't really enjoy coffee from anything else. Fascinating.

If you want to take your coffee to the next level... get yourself one of the Yeti cups I mentioned. They have a smaller size for coffee. It will keep your coffee BLAZING hot FOREVER. Works with hot or cold. I can make a cocktail with ice... take it outside in the Florida summer heat all day on the boat... and I'll still have almost full ice at midnight. Plus... they have a very cool lid so you won't spill anything in the car etc. Best invention EVER for professional drinkers.

Ordered!(y)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Never touch the stuff.
I don't know why, but I never developed a taste for it.

I'll show myself out now.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

You won't believe it till you try it. They're like magic... I swear.

I've got 2 giant Yeti coolers on my boat and they are just amazing too. Very expensive, but worth it for what I do. Ice is very expensive in the Bahamas ... the coolers keep ice for days.

You're gonna love the Yeti cup. Just remember, you can't put it in the dishwasher ... just the lid is dishwasher safe. The cup will cause a fire in the dishwasher. I'm sipping out of mine while I type this.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Cool. Pun intended.
I am an ice/cold drink freak.
Got the 20 and the 32.

(Where the hell were you 3 months ago?)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I used to drink coffee but was never something I needed and would go months without it. I think besides a can of starbucks cold coffee from the gas station I havent had real coffee in about 7 months. Wife got a coffee maker a month ago and uses it non stop, I havent had a cup.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Drink 10 cups a day and have for years! Appreciate the good stuff like expresso but seldom get it! Use a Bunn coffee maker in the home but seldom get it at a restaurant unless it's breakfast time! My girls use Keurigs and the cofee's good but overpriced for what it is! I do enjoy the cafe du monde when I'm in NOLA, the chicory coffee with a plate of beignets!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

C'mon man - a drink lasting all day long? How freaking big IS that cup? :D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We have a special roast done just for my restaurant by a local coffee roaster. It is an organic Italian Roasted bean. It took about 10 tries to get what I considered the perfect roast. We have them grind it fine and we run it through our restaurant coffee maker. There are a lot of fancy coffee makers out there but our restaurant maker takes about 2 minutes to make a pot of coffee and I think because it rinses the grinds quickly, it makes a very nice cup. I have to say that I think our restaurant has the best coffee I have ever had in a restaurant aside from some espressos and one coffee I had at the Hotel El Panama (only good cup of coffee I had the entire 9 days in Panama).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Drink 10 cups a day and have for years! Appreciate the good stuff like expresso but seldom get it! Use a Bunn coffee maker in the home but seldom get it at a restaurant unless it's breakfast time! My girls use Keurigs and the cofee's good but overpriced for what it is! I do enjoy the cafe du monde when I'm in NOLA, the chicory coffee with a plate of beignets!

10 cups?

Holy geez.

Sleep is overrated.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Coffee achiever here!

The most import thing to good tasting coffee is grinding the whole bean at the time that you make the coffee. That makes a huge diff. I just have a basic cheapo grinder and drip coffee maker.

My taste in coffee and my taste in beer have taken a similar turn as I've aged. In both cases, when I was a younger man I preferred the darker varieties such as stout in beers and french roast in coffees. I now prefer the lighter more hoppy, bitter beer and lighter, nuttier coffee.