Clowney: We Love Kicking People Off The Mountain

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yessir. Watching that UNC game reminded me just how much I want Clowney. That play where UNC doubled him with the RG and RT was just so sexy. Clowney attacked the B gap and used each of his arms to throw two 300+ pound OLs out of the way. That's insane. And the guy hasn't even grown fully into his frame yet.
He is a FREAK! But...we are not in an usual position, We have really good to great DE's. We even have one FREAK.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is a FREAK! But...we are not in an usual position, We have really good to great DE's. We even have one FREAK.

And that's a fair point. I have no issues with trading down. But if Clowney is on the board wherever we decide to pick...we can't pass on that type of talent. I'd say the same thing if Calvin Johnson were on the board and we had Julio Jones and Roddy White. I'd say the same thing if we had Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson were available.

You don't pass on a guy with Clowney's talent. Trade down? I can take that.

I love Chris Long but with his contract and age, it certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to bring in Clowney, develop him as a rookie and then trade Mr. Long after the 2014 season...and use that money freed up to extend Robert Quinn. I know we want that instant gratification but I'm always in it for the long haul.

As I said though, if we receive a good trade down offer...take it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Agree, and see my post in the other thread. He would HAVE to be considered if we don't move.