Closing in on Manningham now too...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Howard Balzer ‏ @HBalzer721
WR Mario Manningham apparently also close to agreement.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I say no. The guy cannot put it together. He didn't do it in NY, and now we're going to have him. I really hope we don't get stuck with a big contract. It feels like Drew Bennett all over again.

steferfootball

Starter
I don't feel like he is the solution to our problems. :(

Does this.mean no to resigning Lloyd?

Hopefully it is a reasonable deal.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Don't worry folks! He is better than anything on our current roster.

He defiantly WILL NOT be the only new receiver we see on opening day. He can be a solid number #2.

Plus our WR coach is a stud of a positional coach.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
QuantumOfSalas said:
Don't worry folks! He is better than anything on our current roster.

He defiantly WILL NOT be the only new receiver we see on opening day. He can be a solid number #2.

Couldn't agree more

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Anyone forgetting he's been damn consistent since 2008 always overshadowed by Burress, Nicks (drafted as #1),Steve Smith...now Cruz. He hasn't been stellar but hasn't been worthless either and he's only 25...not a burner or tall- 5'11 183 but I dont care this is solid. And we wll just follow up with Blackmon or Floyd. Danny A will most likely be signed and what's the condition on Alexander's overall health status...w/ Salas,Pettis and Kendrick's that's not too shabby. If it happens I'm about it and just have to set aside the "overpaid" deal he may receive..so be it. Rather have Finnegan,J.Jones,Manningham and S.Wells over Nicks,V-Jac,Eric Wright as a combo of additions. Call me Purple Haze.
That SB sideline was undeniably sick and he'll improve his over route running.

bluecoconuts

Legend
steferfootball said:
QuantumOfSalas said:
Who is our WR coach? I don't recall.

Ray Sherman.

He was most recently the WR coach for the Cowboys. In fact here's his coaching history:

1974 - San Jose State University (graduate assistant)
1975 - University of California (defensive backs)
1976-1977 - Michigan State University (tight ends)
1987-1980 - Wake Forest University (running backs)
1981 - University of California (running backs/slot backs)
1982-1985 - University of Purdue (running backs)
1986-1987 - University of Georgia (wide receivers)
1988 - Houston Oilers (running backs)
1989 - Houston Oilers (wide receivers)
1990 - Atlanta Falcons (assistant head coach/offense)
1991 - San Francisco 49ers (running backs)
1992-1993 - San Francisco 49ers (wide receivers)
1994 - New York Jets (offensive coordinator)
1995-1997 - Minnesota Vikings (quarterbacks)
1998 - Pittsburgh Steelers (offensive coordinator)
1999 - Minnesota Vikings (offensive coordinator)
2000-2004 - Green Bay Packers (wide receivers)
2005-2006 - Tennessee Titans (wide receivers)
2007-2010 - Dallas Cowboys (wide receivers)
2012-Present - St Louis Rams (wide receivers)

bluecoconuts

Legend
JdashSTL said:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/3/16/2879101/st-louis-rams-free-agency-what-is-going-on-with-mario-manningham#storyjump

Apparently were not THAT close to an agreement yet lol.

Is Jason Jones still in Seattle?

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
JdashSTL said:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/3/16/2879101/st-louis-rams-free-agency-what-is-going-on-with-mario-manningham#storyjump

Apparently were not THAT close to an agreement yet lol.

Is Jason Jones still in Seattle?

Not sure. Jim Thomas said he is expected to make a decision over the weekend. I think we sign Langford or Fluellen if we dont get him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
brokeu91 said:
I say no. The guy cannot put it together. He didn't do it in NY, and now we're going to have him. I really hope we don't get stuck with a big contract. It feels like Drew Bennett all over again.

i completely agree. a meh signing if ever there was one.

i hope some other team offers him a better deal.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
According to the New York Post, the Rams are currently working out the parameters of a contract for free agent WR Mario Manningham.

Like I said earlier I would prefer the FA's we snagged so far over some other's teams but that's just me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
brokeu91 said:

I don't want a huge contract either. But a 25yr old receiver... who can run routes... and with decent stats based on games played and a team with a lot of other options;

http://www.nfl.com/player/mariomanningham/1030/profile

Scouts Inc (ESPN) had him rated higher than Meachem, L Robinson, Garcon, and Eddie Royal... so he's no bum.

He's not a true #1, but we don't have a true #2 either... this team could use a guy like Manningham under the right contract terms... and we STILL need to take another in the first or second round.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BatteringRambo said:
According to the New York Post, the Rams are currently working out the parameters of a contract for free agent WR Mario Manningham.

Like I said earlier I would prefer the FA's we snagged so far over some other's teams but that's just me.
I agree. The thing is, we need an infusion of "other talent" at nearly every position, so it certainly won't hurt to bring a few guys in and see if/how they can contribute. Manningham may not be the sexy acquisition, but 14.5 YPC isn't necessarily a bad thing either. He's still young and could be entering into his prime real soon.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
X said:
BatteringRambo said:

I agree. The thing is, we need an infusion of "other talent" at nearly every position, so it certainly won't hurt to bring a few guys in and see if/how they can contribute. Manningham may not be the sexy acquisition, but 14.5 YPC isn't necessarily a bad thing either. He's still young and could be entering into his prime real soon.

You know, I wasn't real excited to hear the Rams were looking at Manningham but he just might be the "blue-collar" kind of guy this team needs. Compared to who is left in FA, he is the guy and with Lloyd most likely gone, he is sorely needed. And of course, in my opinion, we need to draft a top tier WR. (Probably one of our first 3 picks)