Cleveland Browns OT Joe Thomas on his way to Los Angeles Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
No thanks. Rams have already gone down that vet FA OL road. Long, Joseph, Dahl.......that guy from GB whose name I thankfully have forgotten..............

None of those guys were Joe Thomas caliber players ...he's been the best Lt since he came into the nfl .

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Like I said in yesterdays post about the OL.....even an all pro veteran like Joe Thomas would not fix this OL operation right now. I will state this about the OLT post .....it is the weak link thus far this season. No other OL post has consistently killed drives like the OLT post has in the first 7 games. Its main issue IMO, is operational mgt. issue.

I know this may come as a shock :shocked: but I am not of the opinion that OL talent is the main issue/problem either. Rams have much more serious lack of talent outside the OL unit, corners to name a unit off the top of my small dusty one working brain cell.

The OLT post does have some OL'ers who have a playing history of working there...i.e Rodger Saffold, Greg Robinson, Isaiah Battle & Pace Murphy...even Jamon Brown started 3 seasons in NCAA @ OLT... all have specialized in the art of playing OLT at some point. But seems like since they arrive here that ability has decline. Fact is that seems to spread to other OL'ers too. I would think that sickness :sick:would grab hold of the mighty Joe Thomas too.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Fisher said Robinson is a better tackle then guard
Fisher says a lot that he doesn't believe, no way he could e
honestly think that . The guy has all the physical tools but tackles need to keep moving and he gives up after a few seconds every play .Think he played gaurd in college too . Either way if we wasn't the number 2 overall pick he would be on another team by now

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I can't stand hack writers with misleading headlines (even though it seems I just did the same thing. lol).
I almost fell for this one too.

The thread title is the headline of the article I began to read. Here's the link.
http://www.hngn.com/articles/213669...joe-thomas-on-his-way-to-los-angeles-rams.htm

It references, of all sources, Rams Wire. So I followed that link, and the headline is this:
Could Los Angeles Rams trade for Cleveland Browns' lineman Joe Thomas?

The sourced article (Rams Wire) goes on to say:

According to Mike Florio from Pro Football Talk, Cleveland is seeking a second-round pick for the nine-time NFL Pro Bowler. Thomas almost landed with Denver last season. In the same report, we learned that many teams (including the Giants, Cardinals, Seahawks and Vikings) would like to make the trade.

The Patriots have interest as well for the right value. Why not Los Angeles?

Garbage. Pure, unadulterated, garbage. I'd be interested in discussing the idea of the Rams trading for Thomas. His pro-rated cap hit, his salary, the feasibility of trading our only 2nd rounder, etc., but I'm not really appreciative of being duped into believing that it's already in the works. To that end, it's why I sucked you in to share my pain.

You're welcome.

Well played, Sir. Well played indeed!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's Marvel at X in his natural environment...Frolicking in cyber reality, digging for gold...
FOiBpvT.png

*Brought to you by Mutual of Omaha...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I checked the author of the thread...no Josh....I saw X's name...I thought, oh shit, this is real?
Now I see, a cruel, dead week joke....you sir....are not kind...off to the booty thread I go....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know how accurate it is, but I read that Thomas will count for $8.3 million against the cap this season and is guaranteed $8.8 million for the following two seasons. If the Rams traded for Thomas, they would owe a prorated salary of $4.6 million.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Fisher said Robinson is a better tackle then guard

haha if that's true that's freakin sad. I'm sure it's Fisher just playing the media because they wiffed damn hard taking him 2nd overall. Especially since Mathews and Lewaun are doing so well. grrrrrrrrr that draft still makes me angry.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
The biggest frustration that I have with the Rams is the Oline.
When Fisher was hired, Boudreau was billed as a key coaching hire.
The players were not there, but he was billed as someone who turn 6th/7th rounders.
So give some time, add a number 2 overall pick, then a almost all the picks in 2015 (including Battle as a supplemental). As a "rookie" line last year, it can be explained.
That they are still a problem this year, is an utter failure. Something has to change.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
After the large draft investment in the oline, the last year or so, trading for a vet would be a disappointment to me.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For the sake of argument - lets play this out.

A. Who do you cut from the current OL group to make room for him?
B. We are already without a day 1 pick next year - are we really able to part with a day 2 pick as well?
C. Salary cap wise - we are already going to be up against it trying to sign Tru, Tree, and other long term pieces.
D. Are we really buyers right now? Are we a LT away from a title run? I tend to think not.

I think number two is totally irrelevant. Thomas would be your second round pick. And he'd be a manhood one too. The other half of Goff is our first round pick this year. I don't know which half, right, left, upper, or lower.