1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Claiborne scores a four on Wonderlic

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by -X-, Apr 3, 2012.

1. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Mike Florio
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... wonderlic/

The NFL has kept the Wonderlic results under tighter wraps than usual this year. Or maybe the media has had enough other things to keep itself occupied.

Regardless, the first eye-opening score has leaked from the 2012 edition of the 50-question Wonderlic test. Per multiple league sources, LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne scored a four.

Yes. A four. Out of 50.

Six years ago, quarterback Vince Young initially got a six. Re-scoring of the test bumped it to a seven. A next-day Mulligan moved it to 13.

Finally, Young has someone at whom he can point and laugh.

The joke, however, continues to be on anyone who thinks that all college athletes are also students. Plenty of them aren’t. They’re minor-league football players who have no choice but to wait at least three years until they get a shot at joining the NFL.

How else can anyone explain a person who presumably has found a way to avoid failing out of college getting such a low score on a basic intelligence test?

And that gives rise to a more important question. What did LSU actually do to keep Claiborne from failing out of school?

2. MerlinJones Well-Known Member

Re: LSU must have a REALLY easy curriculum.

Wow.

Do you think his stock drops at all, or does he still go in the top six?

3. JdashSTL Well-Known Member

I dont think it has any effect on it. For me, heres the key quote to take from this:

All I can wonder is who leaked this...

4. Selassie I H. I. M.

I'm the School Director for a Postsecondary Vocational School. We use the Wonderlic exam to determine an applicant's ability to benefit from our program. In order to meet our very low entrance requirements a student must score a 13 on the Wonderlic if he cannot provide proof of HS graduation (or GED).

Anyway, I have well over 20 years of experience administering these tests. Lots of our students are actually from other countries here in Florida, so many of them do not have proof of HS graduation. Most of these guys are able to score the minimum 13. Not trying to single a Country out here, but the Haitians that apply for admission are usually the ones who have the most difficulty. Keep in mind, these people from other counties think and speak in a language other than English first....

I can't remember the last time someone scored a 4 on one of these tests. That is freaking ridiculous. Just so you guys know, depending on your age, you get 1 point for entering you name on the "name" line. When someone fails with us, it's almost always in the 10-12 score range. Most people (even folks from other countries) score in the high teens to mid 20's,,, and those are non-college educated people.

5. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

Good insight Selassie.

A 4 is absolutely ridiculous. I think Mo will be a very good NFL CB, but he better interview well if he doesnt want his stock to slip. Normally I dont put much weight into the Wonderlic. Teams have to pay attention to a 4 tho. One has to question if he can learn an NFL scheme.

6. steferfootball Well-Known Member

I don't feel like some players take the test seriously.

Maybe the are embarrassed about what the would actually score.

7. Stranger How big is infinity?

Do u know if an example of one of these tests is available online, as I would like to take a look.

Also, my guess is that the team who leaked this is also the team that wants to pick him, but they do not select in top 6.

8. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Re:

They're very similar to SAT questions, and that's why it's a little strange that Claiborne would score so poorly. He's -- uh -- in college. Here are some sample questions from ESPN. They're not on the actual exam, but it would give you an indication of what kinds of questions are on it. And for the record, Dan Marino scored a 16.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

9. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

That's scary. I missed one in the sample quiz so that means I would of scored about a 46. I'm no brain surgeon so can this kid wipe his own ass? Damn.

10. Selassie I H. I. M.

There are 50 questions , and you get 12 minutes to complete it.

We have 2 different tests because we can retest someone who fails it on the 1st attempt.

I probably shouldn't post the test here due to security reasons.... but if any of you want to try it for yourself - pm me and I will see what I can do for you.

11. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Do that Selassie. I'd like to see how my 10 yr old daughter would do on it. I'd be willing to lay wagers that she'll score higher than a 4. :lol:

12. JdashSTL Well-Known Member

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/wha ... score.html

13. Selassie I H. I. M.

I was just telling my registrar about MC getting a 4 on the Wonderlic ,,,, she grades ours.... she couldn't believe a college student scored a 4 . LOL

If you want me to send you the test ... pm me your email and I'llsend you the test. You'll have to time yourself and send me your answers... including your age. I'll grade it for you ... I don't want to send out the answer key.

btw... you don't get a point for putting your name in the "name" spot... but if you're over 29 you will be given extra credit up to 4 points depending on just how old you are. That means MC scored a solid 4 without extra credit .

14. Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pit Boss

LOL a solid 4. That's not on the the curve then? :sly:

15. Stranger How big is infinity?

Yup, very dirty. But that's the side of the NFL that their PR machine typically doesn't let the public see.

16. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Pretty sure he's going to get another shot at it. And even if he doesn't improve greatly, he's a cover corner. This test is pretty important for QB and MLB and whatnot, but that score didn't have much of a detrimental effect on his production in college.

17. DR RAM Rams Lifer

http://walterfootball.com/draftwonderlic.php

Here's another sample, and it is pretty damn easy.

There IS a reason that those teams are at the top every year...academics don't mean squat to them.

18. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Huge reason why I don't watch a ton of college football games. Yeah it makes me a hypocrite for being stoked about the draft every year b/c of players from those programs, but the college athletic departments and in some cases the college itself make so much money...it's mind boggling. And then there's the incredibly stupid notion of paying college athletes. Like hell they should get paid, after a full ride scholarship and insanely easy "classes" plus get paid? While the poor medical or engineering student who busts their ass in these upper level science/math classes gets hundreds of thousands of dollars into debt?

OK I'm gettin off way off topic now. I'll stop.

19. Ram Quixote Knight Errant

Depending on Claiborne's learning disability, there's always the want-to factor.

My son has ADD; was diagnosed in kindergarten. He was even held back a year because reading wasn't his thing. He's 28 now and you can't tell. He has a job; he pays rent; bought his own computer and laptop; saves money. He's aware of when his ADD can make him struggle and he works around it. He still has confidence issues, but those things that he likes to do are no problem.

The point being, a learning disability is only a handicap where lack of desire exists. Take a written test? WTF for? Claiborne wants to play football, so I don't see a problem.

20. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Some colleges DO have standards, but that puts them at a disadvantage. What Stanford does as program is commendable.