Cignetti

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
It was a good start. I just don't want to see him calling anymore plays with Tavon running up the middle. It's beyond stupid.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Thought it was a well called game by Cig. Doubt we see much Tavon between the tackles when Mason returns.

On the pass to Stedman, don't know that it was double coverage, think that's just how impressive Earl Thomas is with his speed that he could get there.

Looked like cover 2 to me

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
In some ways, I liked Schotty, his red zone pass plays and a few other things were genius. BUT, I was always wondering if he was really holding us back severely. I think today gave us that answer, Cignetti calling plays with Foles running the offense could be a great combination for us.

tomlib

Sword and Sorcery with a Libertarian Edge
Name
Tom
I was at the game today which isn't always the best place to see things. It seemed to me there were more open Rams receivers than I've seen since the GSoT days. We were confusing them to some degree and the OC has to get some credit for that.

Foles has got nice touch. I'm sure the pass to Bailey has been dissected a million times but it was a very difficult throw.

Good crowd although a bit sparse and too many Seahawk fans but if we keep winning that will change.

Go Rams!

Greg Stone

Rookie
I was at the game today which isn't always the best place to see things. It seemed to me there were more open Rams receivers than I've seen since the GSoT days. We were confusing them to some degree and the OC has to get some credit for that.

Foles has got nice touch. I'm sure the pass to Bailey has been dissected a million times but it was a very difficult throw.

Good crowd although a bit sparse and too many Seahawk fans but if we keep winning that will change.

Go Rams!

I was wondering about that as I thought I saw the same thing. I wonder though if part of the apparent difference is having a QB who sees the open receivers and throws to them.

tomlib

Sword and Sorcery with a Libertarian Edge
Name
Tom
I was wondering about that as I thought I saw the same thing. I wonder though if part of the apparent difference is having a QB who sees the open receivers and throws to them.

It's a little early to make anything close to a final judgment but it appears to me that Foles is more accurate at game-speed than was Bradford. Bradford was great in practice but missed throws in the game. Foles had one very bad pass in that last drive in regulation. I think he got his arm whacked a bit on the sack and was feeling it. But other than that he was generally fairly on target.

And, back to Cignetti; he presumably called the play that ended up with Kendricks in isolation on a much smaller DB. Obviously the DB fell, but I'll take that matchup all the time.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
All I can say is a breath of fresh air. One thing being overlooked is THAT WASN'T FISHERBALL being played out there on the field. That was CIG ball!

Man they really held everything back in preseason it appears.

stano00

UDFA
This was the first game I can remember since Fisher became where I didn't shake my head at any play calls

Big Willie

Starter
Not hating on Sam (I still believe in Sam's talent) or Shotty, but......
Did Cignetti call a great game or did the players play better because they believed in their QB more and support a OC who has a more creative offensive approach?

I get the impression the mindset of this team on offense is different. If you listen to how the players gushed about the leadership qualities of Foles during camp, and you see Foles sell out to make a play... I get a sense all the players are finally playing for each other (small sample size, but that's what I see). Also, we heard the WRs gush about the plays Cignetti has in the playbook, which makes me believe they finally believe they can win every game.

V3

Hall of Fame

Go Rams!
Just for some perspective, the SD crowd looked much worse than the Rams' crowd.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I definitely won't complain about the offense or plays in the preseason anymore. The guys that said don't worry it's preseason and the plays are vanilla were right

bskrilla

Starter
It's a little early to make anything close to a final judgment but it appears to me that Foles is more accurate at game-speed than was Bradford. Bradford was great in practice but missed throws in the game. Foles had one very bad pass in that last drive in regulation. I think he got his arm whacked a bit on the sack and was feeling it. But other than that he was generally fairly on target.

And, back to Cignetti; he presumably called the play that ended up with Kendricks in isolation on a much smaller DB. Obviously the DB fell, but I'll take that matchup all the time.

Foles was good, but he missed a number of throws this evening. The one to Tavon early that should have been a DPI, if he throws that ball earlier and let's Tavon run under it that's an easy 6. Tavon burned Sherman. The one to Cook after that. He threw it behind Cook. If Cook had been able to catch it in stride he walks into the endzone. There were a couple others. Overall Foles was good and made plays when he needed to, but he had a number of mistakes that would have been TD's.

But honestly fuck those mistakes. Who cares. The dude came up clutch, and GOOD LORD is it nice to see competent QB play and not be worried that he's going to break in half every play.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't think Schotty was the main issue, the QB situation was, but he did need work as a playcaller. Cignetti just had a terrific game, better than maybe any I saw under Schotty. I am very happy with him as OC. We're going to have a big year. On to the Redskins!

Well, Cigs had a fantastic game, but I disagree about Schotty. While I think he gets more credit for the bad than he deserves, the one thing he has to own is that he really fell into horribly predictable playcalling. How many times as fans could we call the EXACT play SET... not just the play, but the next THREE plays depending on where we got the ball and the score and when in the game it was? He was so predictable and THAT is the kiss of death to an OC.

Cigs mixed it up beautifully and frankly, I honestly had no idea what the team was going to do. They kept scaring the crap out of me, but thankfully, they executed and saved my family from needed to use the paddles...LOL.

What's wonderful...just wonderful...is that our OL should only get better and we've only got more and BETTER weapons coming online... Quick... Mason... Trey Watts... Gurley...

After the bye, this team has the potential if we can just build on this momentum to be scary.

I don't want to extrapolate too much from one game, but this was a big one...and frankly, I can't help it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Not hating on Sam (I still believe in Sam's talent) or Shotty, but......
Did Cignetti call a great game or did the players play better because they believed in their QB more and support a OC who has a more creative offensive approach?

I get the impression the mindset of this team on offense is different. If you listen to how the players gushed about the leadership qualities of Foles during camp, and you see Foles sell out to make a play... I get a sense all the players are finally playing for each other (small sample size, but that's what I see). Also, we heard the WRs gush about the plays Cignetti has in the playbook, which makes me believe they finally believe they can win every game.
We executed plays, after screwing up on some. We kept our heads up. We, for the most part, performed our assignments. We messed up, but we overcame.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Did anybody else notice that after halftime, that under Cigs the other team wasn't able to make adjustments to stop us while we kept on executing our first half game plan?

That just drove me nuts with Schotty.

Cigs is a different animal.

We've got a QB.

And we've got an OC.

Now, just imagine when Gurley and Quick join the party. Lol.