Cignetti

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rainram

Starter
I know there are a lot of threads about the game already.

But I think this guy needs his own thread with his name. What a game he called!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Attacked the shecocks secondary and won. He didnt let the D scare him into bad play calls.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
...and he made adjustments at the half. That was the key to me. He took what the defense gave him but to be fair having a competent QB can make any OC look good.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Seeing one of the earlier posts I realized something.

The pass to Steadman in OT. Was in double coverage between Sherman and Thomas.

That takes some balls.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I was very, very impressed. O-line was so much better than I expected as well. Foles only got sacked twice and there were good holes all day. Cig's wasn't afraid to take shots downfield and we saw a lot more inventiveness than "hey lets run Tavon up the gut 10 times a game"

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I liked what I saw out of the play calling. I ws worried that Seattle's defense would shut us down. But the combination of good calls by Cignetti and Foles hanging in there and executing. Really worked. We have a ways to go......but the path certainly became a bit wider today.

RamWoodie

Legend
He was innovative...BUT...he was also up top which allowed him to see the Hags vulnerabilities. The one thing that made me upset with Shotty was he was down on the field relying on the folks upstairs.

Cig was able to see for himself from up there.

dhaab

Rookie
Seeing one of the earlier posts I realized something.

The pass to Steadman in OT. Was in double coverage between Sherman and Thomas.

That takes some balls.

And it was an absolutely PERFECT pass. Foles keeps doing that and I'll be a happy fan!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I don't think Schotty was the main issue, the QB situation was, but he did need work as a playcaller. Cignetti just had a terrific game, better than maybe any I saw under Schotty. I am very happy with him as OC. We're going to have a big year. On to the Redskins!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Glad he's catering to the player's strengths rather than forcing a square peg on a round hole like Schotty does.

Just be aware, teams will catch on to our players strengths once they get more film. How Cignetti responds will determine if he's an excellent OC and so far, I love his flexibility on offense.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He called a full game. No going into a shell in the second half. He also had guys wide open. He is miles better than Schottenheimer.

Schott was a big part of the problem IMO

WestCoastRam

Legend
Thought it was a well called game by Cig. Doubt we see much Tavon between the tackles when Mason returns.

On the pass to Stedman, don't know that it was double coverage, think that's just how impressive Earl Thomas is with his speed that he could get there.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I saw more creativeness in one quarter than we had in 3 years with schotty.