Cignetti

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Did anybody else notice that after halftime, that under Cigs the other team wasn't able to make adjustments to stop us while we kept on executing our first half game plan?

That just drove me nuts with Schotty.

Cigs is a different animal.

We've got a QB.

And we've got an OC.

Now, just imagine when Gurley and Quick join the party. Lol.

I was most impressed with the teams resiliency when I had my doubts about them. They appear to have found it.
Next weeks game will tell us about their focus against a team we "should" beat. Let's go Rams!!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
First, I loved the plays and execution...Seems refreshing to actually be dangerous on offense...every time you have the damn ball.

I don't think Schotty was the main issue, the QB situation was
and I really agree with this...I think Schotty would have really been successful with a real QB...Sam was looking fabulous in the last 2 preseasons....
:double:Hill, :wabbit:Clemmons, and :shooting:Davis...just tough to overcome..in the pro game...You need the threat of throwing deep...it really opens the game up...Makes the field hard to defend....You want to make the defense defend every blade of grass.. Big arms do this...Foles does it...

Cig was outstanding for opening game...Can't hardly wait to see what he has for the skins...

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Did anybody else notice that after halftime, that under Cigs the other team wasn't able to make adjustments to stop us while we kept on executing our first half game plan?

That just drove me nuts with Schotty.

Cigs is a different animal.

We've got a QB.

And we've got an OC.

Now, just imagine when Gurley and Quick join the party. Lol.

Hard to know how much of an impact he is, but I bet its nice for Cig to have Garcia next to him digesting everything as well

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know how many Game Balls were given out after this Great Win, But Cigs sure deserves one!
With Shotty, I new the plays before he called them 99.9999% of the time. With Cig's he had me guessing almost all game long!!:D

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I don't know how many Game Balls were given out after this Great Win, But Cigs sure deserves one!
With Shotty, I new the plays before he called them 99.9999% of the time. With Cig's he had me guessing almost all game long!!:D
Lol my buddy's and I had a drinking game based on calling shottys next play if we were right take a shot. We usually ended plastered by halftime lmao

WestCoastRam

Legend
Off the top of my head, the play-action game is looking a little different too. Cook's long pass catch along the sidelines that set up the Tavon touchdown wasn't something I had ever seen from Schotty.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cig mixed it up nicely and did a great job considering we were with our 3rd string RB and no Quick either. He used Cook like we've all wanted him to be used. He didn't fall into the Shotty rut of the same old plays series after series. But most important of all he came out aggressive and with adjustments in the 2nd half. Too often the past few years we'd see the same garbage calls to start the 2nd half and we'd fall behind early in the 3rd quarter.

We had two 80 yard drives for a TD and an 84 yard drive for a TD. That is what impressed me the most today.

Ram65

Legend
Glad Cigs is up top in the booth. Just seems like a much better view.

Two different teams even from a year ago and more so two years go.. Hags defense has a couple missing players. Rams players are maturing. Rams have a starting QB. Liked the play calling. Things should get even better for Rams. I need to see more.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Cig called one hell of a game!
1337.gif

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
A lot of factors, but to start, we went out and drafted some offensive linemen that we wanted rather patching here and there, changing things begrudgingly. We finally committed to something on the O line.

A second huge factor to me is that although we're still one of the youngest teams in the league, a lot of the players we have are maturing. So you're seeing what we all knew was a receiver group with a lot of talent and depth really show it on the field.

The third huge factor for me is that you have a quality starting quarterback out there. I mean, who wasn't considering how much of an upgrade Sean Hill was over Clemens, even before Bradford got hurt again. I think we all kind of expected it, but ... even when Bradford was healthy, he didn't play this well. And it's not the arm, but rather the eyes and the head. I think Foles just processes things faster.

Finally, while I'm not drinking the Shottenheimer haterade, I have to admit the play calling has improved quite a bit. I don't want to say it's creativity or predictability, because I don't think it is, just a simple matter of stubbornness. Shottenheimer wanted to overthink his team to victory, but sometimes you just to match up the player correctly, give them good routes to run, and let them play.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am glad this thread was started because Cigs does indeed deserve it.

First off I'd like to note that this was one of the best defenses in the league the Rams dissected and drove up and down the field on all day. I think that bears mentioning because IMO this was the first time Carroll has dealt with that element in a game against Jeff's team. And also IMO Carroll called that onside kick for two reasons: one, he had only 3 Rams defenders there, and two, the Rams' offense was moving the ball practically at will and the dude was scared to see them have that first possession. Don't tell me about his quote, either, because he's lying in my estimation.

The play calling was simply night and day from what we've seen in the past. Cigs attacked that secondary with no fear. We haven't had a play caller like him in a while as far as I'm concerned. And I'd like to point out that Fisher has not dictated a dull style to Cigs, this is his offense no doubt about it.

The Rams players were playing fast which tells me they know WTF they are doing on every play. There wasn't the typical confusion with wrong routes run, a jazillion penalties setting the offense back, etc.

The Rams had some swagger on offense. Yes. Cigs does deserve some credit overall for all these things, like it or no.

All that aside, Foles had a great, great game. And you know what's funny? After the fumble for a TD with the entire bar goin nuts, I told my kid "You know... I'll bet Foles leads this offense right back down the field, we still have a chance." To which I suffered some good natured jeers from the Seahawks fan sitting by me. And I'll be damned if Foles didn't do just that.

I am very proud of this team man, and in particular the offense. This is truly a team now, and it was outstanding to watch. One game at a time, and let's enjoy watching this team arrive dudes. Gonna be a great, great season.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't think Schotty was the main issue, the QB situation was, but he did need work as a playcaller. Cignetti just had a terrific game, better than maybe any I saw under Schotty. I am very happy with him as OC. We're going to have a big year. On to the Redskins!

Well, Cigs had a fantastic game, but I disagree about Schotty. While I think he gets more credit for the bad than he deserves, the one thing he has to own is that he really fell into horribly predictable playcalling. How many times as fans could we call the EXACT play SET... not just the play, but the next THREE plays depending on where we got the ball and the score and when in the game it was? He was so predictable and THAT is the kiss of death to an OC.

Cigs mixed it up beautifully and frankly, I honestly had no idea what the team was going to do. They kept scaring the crap out of me, but thankfully, they executed and saved my family from needed to use the paddles...LOL.

What's wonderful...just wonderful...is that our OL should only get better and we've only got more and BETTER weapons coming online... Quick... Mason... Trey Watts... Gurley...

After the bye, this team has the potential if we can just build on this momentum to be scary.

I don't want to extrapolate too much from one game, but this was a big one...and frankly, I can't help it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, Cigs had a fantastic game, but I disagree about Schotty. While I think he gets more credit for the bad than he deserves, the one thing he has to own is that he really fell into horribly predictable playcalling. How many times as fans could we call the EXACT play SET... not just the play, but the next THREE plays depending on where we got the ball and the score and when in the game it was? He was so predictable and THAT is the kiss of death to an OC.

I think it goes much deeper with Schott but time will tell. It's funny but the other day I turned on TV where some analysts were dissecting the Georgia offense and why the passing game was struggling a bit and laying all the blame on the QB and, well, I had to laugh. Schott is under an offensive coach now which is good for him, but tbh I still think he's gonna fubar it all up. We'll see.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Cig did a great job calling the game against the #1 defense .Can't wait til we have Gurley,Mason,and Quick back so he has a offense at full strength to work with.

iced

I loved Cignetti's play calling - so refreshing to see an OC make half time adjustments too

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
PC fears Cignetti, that's a fact.
No. 1 defense and he calls an onside kick?
then has the balls to say he didn't call that.
The Rams had three drives of eighty yards or more against PC's no. 1 D so he was scared to expose them to the rest of the league. The hawks were lucky to be in the game, they had the ball bounce their way often. They had the zebras giving them breaks. The Rams really outplayed them, the game shouldn't have been as close as the score would indicate.
BTW, no facemask penalty on Foles, no flag for interfering with a fair catch, no PI on Dick Sherman, no false starts on Okung.