Chris Long?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I think Williams scheme really, in a way (statistically), belittles our Dlineman. He is often asking them to rush with tremendous gap integrity.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I thought I was dreaming for a while, and it proved too good to be true.

Starting to look like a normal season again, starting with Gaines, then Ogletree, now Long and Saffold.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Thought you all would have seen on the after game reports Long will have an MRI tomorrow. Hope he just hit knee to knee as it looked. Even that serious of a contusion could have him miss time. GOD BLESS YOU Chris Long.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's why he was tied for 3rd on the team in sacks coming into todays game! ... Watch his play!! he's been all-over the field!
Some people just can't. They assume because he's not a human highlight reel that he clearly isn't doing anything. He's a focal player of the defense and a key player to the team.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Some people just can't. They assume because he's not a human highlight reel that he clearly isn't doing anything. He's a focal player of the defense and a key player to the team.
Not true. I do feel he's "doing things." Just not too many things. So he's "tied for 3rd" in sacks on only our team? Tied for 3rd is like being 3rd or 4th best in sacks on a D-Line that uses 4 down linemen. So I'm just asking nicely. Do you feel 2 sacks in 5 games is really good for a starter?

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
2015 Chris Long 3 solo tackles, 2.0 sacks
2015 Robert Quinn 10 solo tackles, 4.0 sacks

There is the two ends of our D-line for this year. 3 tackles in 5 games?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not true. I do feel he's "doing things." Just not too many things. So he's "tied for 3rd" in sacks on only our team? Tied for 3rd is like being 3rd or 4th best in sacks on a D-Line that uses 4 down linemen. So I'm just asking nicely. Do you feel 2 sacks in 5 games is really good for a starter?
Absolutely! It's funny most teams would kill to have a LDE like Chris Long starting. But for some Rams fans he's not good enough. It seems William Hayes and Eugene Sims are better than him. Maybe Ethan Westbrook or hey we could just run with 3 DL and throw out another safety and it won't affect our defense at all.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I repeat

They assume because he's not a human highlight reel that he clearly isn't doing anything.

Please tell me who on our roster is an upgrade to start at LDE.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

It's making problems that aren't really there.

And it gets REALLY irritating after losses.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
You have to understand many "fans" today. If they don't "score" fantasy football points, those players aren't relevent to them. They just don't understand team or scheme concept and can't figure out how each piece fits in the process. And they don't want to, because the media tells them "whose great or not"................. It really trivializes the hard work that goes in to a team game.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hayes is much better, like said above in the rotation. Hayes is no Long. Hayes is better inside than Long. Both Eugene Sims & Ethan Westbrook can replace Hayes rotational position. The defense is not hampered too much with Chris Long out. However Chris Long is a team leader!

But the losses of our best CB early (Gaines) then the loss of our best LB'er last week & the loss of Chris Long this week will take its toll on this defense effectiveness for the rest of the 2015 season. Bottom line....:sick:

Big Willie

Starter
I actually think CL and his line mates are playing better this year than they did last year. The number of long running plays seems to have declined and the number of sacks has increased over the first 5 games (compared to last year). The defense has given up roughly two touchdowns per game, with the offense and special teams giving up the balance of the points. Often people look at individual numbers, but sometimes individual numbers are sacrificed for team needs. In the first two games the Rams have played two mobile QBs, and seemingly the goal for the ends was containment with outside leverage. That means it was harder for the ends to rush the passer with reckless abandonment because of the team need for them to make sure the QBs didn't get outside. Team game....and CL sacrifices for the team.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I don't know. I think I saw your eyes kind of roll when you thought I wasn't looking. LOL. But seriously. 2 sacks within 5 games? I'd call that very average for a DE wouldn't you? I've taken the time to only watch Long during plays on NFL Rewind and what I'm seeing most of the time is no pressure, him getting flat out stopped and stuffed at the line.

Love him as a person. He's not an awful player by any means. But he's average the last 2 years and the next "man" up on our D-Line will be able to do the same job. Hell I don't WANT him to be injured. I hope he's back after the by-week. I was just saying it aint all that big a deal. Imagine losing Quinn or Donald? Now that's a big deal.
Long's value goes way beyond sacks and the defense is much better with him playing. I'll leave it at that.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think we have to soon start preparing for a team without Long, but not now. People just don't seem to know what they have until it's gone. Chris Long is doing great for us, and hopefully he comes back healthy and is ready to go, because we need him right now. When he leaves, maybe you guys who want him gone will realize that.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't know. I think I saw your eyes kind of roll when you thought I wasn't looking. LOL. But seriously. 2 sacks within 5 games? I'd call that very average for a DE wouldn't you? I've taken the time to only watch Long during plays on NFL Rewind and what I'm seeing most of the time is no pressure, him getting flat out stopped and stuffed at the line.

Love him as a person. He's not an awful player by any means. But he's average the last 2 years and the next "man" up on our D-Line will be able to do the same job. Hell I don't WANT him to be injured. I hope he's back after the by-week. I was just saying it aint all that big a deal. Imagine losing Quinn or Donald? Now that's a big deal.
There is more to the position than sacks.
Long has been good vs the run and gets consistent pressure. I think Hayes will get pressure but he gives up contain too much in the run game.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Oh well. It's just my opinion that I'm entitled to, being a Ram fan since 1975. Let me make it clear that I NEVER said I wanted Chris Long gone. I basically have said he really doesn't get much pressure on the QB, resulting in my opinion that losing him is not as costly as losing Ogletree, Donald, or Quinn. That's all. Just my personal opinion and observation.