Chris Long?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Any news on Long's injury?

Hope it's nothing too serious. Fortunately we have the bye so he has 2 weeks to heal. Fingers crossed for 91.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was walking fine hopefully they held him out for precautions

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Some of you are gonna roll your eyes and hate me for this comment but... think about it. Chris Long has not been very productive this season. Not at all. I hope his injury is very minor but ... there really is NOT a drop off in defensive production when he's on the sideline.

A55VA6

Legend
Initial diagnosis is knee contusion/hyper-extension.. hopefully it's nothing serious

jap

Legend
I rather wait for the official medical report tomorrow.

Stel

Starter
Some of you are gonna roll your eyes and hate me for this comment but... think about it. Chris Long has not been very productive this season. Not at all. I hope his injury is very minor but ... there really is NOT a drop off in defensive production when he's on the sideline.

Not going to roll my eyes or hate you. Just disagree with you.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I'm not going to roll my eyes. I'm simply going to tell you, you are wrong. He has 2 sacks already and led the team in hurries through a couple of games. His pressure has the tendency to drive the pocket (and the QB....) toward Quinn (and usually Donald....) o the other side.
Now, I feel we are in better shape if he is out for a few games than we were last year but.....he is a big loss if he is out for an exended amount of time. Hopefully he can heal up over the bye week or it will cut into a couple of weeks being out. Get well Chris. We need you.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
No update on Long or Saffold for now. I guess we will find out tomorrow unless Fisher decides to keep it all secret until he is forced to put out an injury report for week 7. You know, competitive reasons and all - he likes that stuff.

I guess it's a good time for the bye. Hope both players are OK.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Nah, I don't hate you at all for the comment, but can I call you crazy? Jk, Long is important to this defense.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Didn't we see how that worked out last season? CLong may not get home as often as we would like but he is also coming at the QB from the front side. I'm guessing the blind side rushers and DTs love him in there.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I remember correctly, the line didn't look too good last year while Long was out, but started kicking ass when he got back.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'm not going to roll my eyes. I'm simply going to tell you, you are wrong. He has 2 sacks already and led the team in hurries through a couple of games. His pressure has the tendency to drive the pocket (and the QB....) toward Quinn (and usually Donald....) o the other side.
Now, I feel we are in better shape if he is out for a few games than we were last year but.....he is a big loss if he is out for an exended amount of time. Hopefully he can heal up over the bye week or it will cut into a couple of weeks being out. Get well Chris. We need you.

No doubt about it. If he's out for any length of time, its a big, big loss.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I agree with this sentiment 100%.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
:argue::rolleyes:

fearsomefour

Legend
The biggest drop off between Long and Hayes is Hayes loses contain sometimes. Long is better in that aspect of his game. Hayes will get pressure however. Hopefully it is not a serious injury.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Now, I feel we are in better shape if he is out for a few games than we were last year but.....he is a big loss if he is out for an exended amount of time.

I don't know. I think I saw your eyes kind of roll when you thought I wasn't looking. LOL. But seriously. 2 sacks within 5 games? I'd call that very average for a DE wouldn't you? I've taken the time to only watch Long during plays on NFL Rewind and what I'm seeing most of the time is no pressure, him getting flat out stopped and stuffed at the line.

Love him as a person. He's not an awful player by any means. But he's average the last 2 years and the next "man" up on our D-Line will be able to do the same job. Hell I don't WANT him to be injured. I hope he's back after the by-week. I was just saying it aint all that big a deal. Imagine losing Quinn or Donald? Now that's a big deal.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
It's just not Hayes replacing Long, it's more who replaces Hayes in the rotation.

Last edited: