Chris Dorner manhunt (Southern California)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The fire was started unintentionally from the rounds, right after he shot himself. Trust me the police didn't want to burn him, it made their jobs longer and they had to sit there till it went away and sift through the ashes. They would have much rather just collected his body cleanly.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bluecoconuts said:
The fire was started unintentionally from the rounds, right after he shot himself. Trust me the police didn't want to burn him, it made their jobs longer and they had to sit there till it went away and sift through the ashes. They would have much rather just collected his body cleanly.
I read that the SWAT team used incendiary tear-gas canisters (apparently there are 2 kinds--ones that just smoke and another type that can cause a fire in an enclosed area) after trying to simply smoke him out with the first kind. The term, burners, heard on scanners indicates their use.

IDK why you feel the need to defend the police. I completely understand why they made this decision. Dorner was going to be a suicide by cop or by himself. In this way they ended the standoff less violently.

I don't understand why there are so many versions of the truth. Why do they resist transparency? Is law enforcement going to look any better to the public by fudging what happened? People like me just want the truth; that the police aren't infallible is not a new concept.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The police aren't changing their story, people are changing things around. Everyone knows police aren't perfect, but they still wanted Dorner to surrender. He was shooting at them the entire time, people seem to be under the impression he was just hiding in a cabin not doing anything. He was well armed and ready to fight. As for my defending them, I was more trying to make sure people didn't believe the conspiracy theories. However they do sign my paychecks, so I naturally am drawn to that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bluecoconuts said:

I'm sorry man, I don't buy that. I'd say the more logical case on the cops side against INTENTIONALLY starting the fire was that the incendiary grenades inadvertently caused it.