Chatroom vs. Game day thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Just curious why most people who are at the site during games prefer the gdt over the chatroom.

I love using the chatroom during the games. No need to refresh it, can use the pop up option to take less room up if using a computer, and can even use it on mobile.

So just wondering why many prefer the gdt over the chatroom.

Wish more people would join us in the chatroom on game day. Give it a try (y)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol lots of good feedback guys......:fighting:

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Last time I checked, it was 2014. I didn't know chatrooms still existed.

PS - I being facetious.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I don't know how you guys can even keep up with either while watching the game. It's all I can do to maintain my "hydration" level at the same time, and without DVR I probably wouldn't be able to pull that off. It's tough getting old...

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I like the gdt because I like all the reactions to the game! Some are pretty funny!

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I personally agree that the chatroom is easier than the GDT. If I could get on the board during games (can't as I need the computer to stream the game) then I would use the chatroom.
Just spitballing here, but I imagine it's something to do with the fact that posts in the GDT add to ones post count...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll go back to give the chatroom a try next gm.

We used to have a blast in the chatroom on another site i used to post on before coming here. It was during the 5 year drought of anything good for thie Rams...so we did what we could to make each other laugh during the games. Kieth Null provided alot of material. So did our entire offense in general.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I almost never do either because I DVR the blame and start watching later so I can fast forward through commercials.

I USED to do the chat room but found it to go to fast for me to keep an eye on during the game. I don't get the GDT though, so much work to refresh and read.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'll go back to give the chatroom a try next gm.

We used to have a blast in the chatroom on another site i used to post on before coming here. It was during the 5 year drought of anything good for thie Rams...so we did what we could to make each other laugh during the games. Kieth Null provided alot of material. So did our entire offense in general.
Yeah, back at my old forum Craig Dahl used to provide massive entertainment. Along with Justin King, announcers and a lot of Rams player who didn't play up to par.

I almost never do either because I DVR the blame and start watching later so I can fast forward through commercials.

I USED to do the chat room but found it to go to fast for me to keep an eye on during the game. I don't get the GDT though, so much work to refresh and read.

Understandable.

It does goes fast but I ignore the chatroom till timeout/injury/commercial usually unless just have to say something about how awesome/bad a play was.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Last time I checked, it was 2014. I didn't know chatrooms still existed.

PS - I being facetious.

Just got another free AOL cd in the mail, chatroom runs good on dialup still (y)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I personally agree that the chatroom is easier than the GDT. If I could get on the board during games (can't as I need the computer to stream the game) then I would use the chatroom.
Just spitballing here, but I imagine it's something to do with the fact that posts in the GDT add to ones post count...

Dang. Get a 2nd screen, problem solved lol

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't like it cause by the time you type your response, the messege your replying to isn't even on the screen and it's easy to get lost

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I suck at multitasking. Watching the game plus refereeing the site plus also keeping an eye on the chatroom would make my head explode, so I have to choose two out of the three options.

6hi93n.jpg

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I like the chatroom during game day, but I'm not always able to participate, if I'm watching the game with family or friends. There are some really fun people who participate in it, and some good discussions arise from it. If you have a chance to check it out, you should.